Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

My gosh, what an absolute bonfire of injuries. Richards being thrown in out of nowhere sucks. I'm starting to think the only player who will avoid this injury crisis will be Jack Crisp.....right?

Jack would play with a busted knee to keep up his chase for the consecutive games record.

To put into perspective, many have said Cox hasn't been playing well, so another tall to chop out in the ruck, maybe take a mark or 2, bring the ball to ground is all we need this week. Enter Freddy.

Richards, love this guy, he's undoubtedly added so much...but let's remember he's a newbie, we've won planty of games without him. Enter Fin/Bytel. More will be needed from Shoota & all our other small forwards.

Checkers. Probably the hardest to replace. We have no one who does what this guy does. Enter Reef as the tallish target. Need all our small forwards to make up for it with their goal kicking prowess.

Have I missed anyone else out injured this week? The fact Pendles doesn't appear on any injury reports, surely has to be a good thing.

Howe comes in. Leggy can come in. Bytel can come in.

And we have the other 2 debutants from last week..Parker & Allan.

We should be alright this week, but after the first quarter when Kreuger is taken out in a hearse, we’re really going to struggle for forward options.

We should be alright this week, but after the first quarter when Kreuger is taken out in a hearse, we’re really going to struggle for forward options.
We'll be okay if he takes English/Darcy/JUH with him, in true Kreuger-kaze fashion

When I first heard of this fresh batch, I was despondent. Flag chances shattered by injuries. Nothing more frustrating. I was thinking we are a better team than last year with most of our best up and running. That game on Friday night was exceptional given our lack of experience. The hunger is still very much there and that is the most important ingredient in hunting back to back flags. That and injuries of course.

The longish nature of the injuries to Cox, Degoey, Checkers and Elliott was the biggest downer but then I began to feel a bubbling excitement. This backs to the wall stuff is always something the Collingwood football club responds to. I scribbled down a possible team, very similar to others I've seen posted and thought, wow, even with all of our outs, we still look okay. If we can hold the fort for a couple of weeks we might yet be in the hunt.

It also gives the young blokes a fair look at it. Imagine how Parker, Mcrae, Allan and perhaps AJ and Krueger are feeling tonight? I'm a chance to get a block of games if I do okay on Friday night. The pressure is off in the sense there is nobody else breathing down their necks. When we lost Grundy early in 2022 I remember saying it could be the making of Cameron and Cox. We all know what happened....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back