List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

very happy for Cotts but three years seems like... a lot? just my first reaction.
He might be more highly regarded within the club than outside. He seemed to be playing on Daniel Rioli a fair bit last week who can hurt you but didn't hurt us. Defensive half forward flanker is a position that , even if you do your job well, there are not a lot of external kudos.

He might be more highly regarded within the club than outside. He seemed to be playing on Daniel Rioli a fair bit last week who can hurt you but didn't hurt us. Defensive half forward flanker is a position that , even if you do your job well, there are not a lot of external kudos.
Good observation. Reckon he'll man Sheezel for the North game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there were offers from other clubs fair enough - but in normal circumstances- itā€™s a two year deal for mine.
Pretty comfortable that our team management list are on the ball. At worst Cotts is in our best 25 for the next three years. I'd imagine that he's not breaking the bank. Why not reward a heart and soul player with some security. Might even end up playing better football as a result.

Last edited:
In fairness if we have a strong squad the hurt is minimised. Say Tassie get 1,3,5,7,9,11 and some late first and second rounders to trade for existing players and have had a pre draft squad for a couple of years. then;
18th team gets 2 instead of 1
17th team gets 4 instead of 2
16th team gets 6 instead of 3
15th team gets 8 instead of 4
14th team gets 10 instead of 5
13th team gets 12 instead of 6
the rest go back 6.

Say we finish 3rd that year we would get 22 instead of 16. That hurts a lot less than being on your way down and desperately needing a gun to bolster your team. One of the reasons that Geelong & Hawthorn stayed stronger for longer was the GWS & Suns drafts diluted the talent to teams like us that desperately needed it. Imagine if the Tigers had pick 6 in the 2009 draft instead of 3 and ended up with Gary Rowan instead of Dusty.

Pretty comfortable that our team management list are on the ball. At worst Cotts is in our best 25 for the next three years. I'd imagine that he's not breaking the bank. Why not reward a heart and soul player with some sxecurity. Might even end up playing better football as a result.
This. It also sends a strong message to everyone on the list - no matter where you were drafted, you can be a long term player for us if you work as hard as Cotters.

IMO easily the best goal celebrator in the team.
I did like his Hammertime effort when Charlie wanted to celebrate his goal. He backs away....."you can't touch this".......

You need your blue collared players in the team, especially ones that play with passion. Cotters also possesses fitness, pace, intensity and a great work ethic. During training imagine how much he forces some of the guys to push themselves harder during running trials and runs so as not to be so far behind the pack.

24 currently so we have him till he's 28, so we've locked him in during his prime, and I would suspect at a price that is fair. Good list management.

Professional, durable and hard-running player who still hasnā€™t reached his ceiling.

If heā€™s been dislodged from the side in 3 years, weā€™re doing bloody well. At absolute worst heā€™s either high quality depth or a valuable (as a contracted player) trade asset.

Still has 130-odd games of AFL in him.

šŸ‘šŸ»

going by the draft concessions given to gc & gws, we can expect even worse for tassie - our own drafting/trading will need to be super smart considering what won't be available around 27/8/9...........
Itā€™s also possible they get excess picks to trade in senior players, the AFL wonā€™t want a team of kids with potential struggling at the bottom.

Clubs that trade with Tassie will be well compensated, hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back