List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFrizz36 said:
He might be more highly regarded within the club than outside. He seemed to be playing on Daniel Rioli a fair bit last week who can hurt you but didn't hurt us. Defensive half forward flanker is a position that , even if you do your job well, there are not a lot of external kudos.…”

^ This ! Cotterell, and also Cunningham, have been pretty good this year, we easily see the offensive breakout bits, but some of the defensive stuff goes a little under the radar imo.

Hypothetically Hugh Mcluggage was keen to come home as a FA and we had the cash to get it done with Doc possibly calling time on his career... Do you reckon we throw our hat in the ring or resources better spent elsewhere? What would our midfield mix look like?

Obviously pipe dream stuff, but for the sake of bye round boredom...

like rebecca judd would let oscar play interstate - bad enough they have to endure seige conditions in their 8 million dollar mansion in crime infested braaaaarton...........
Interstate travel and unknown coke quality??Those hethens North and West and their ghastly tolerance for all manner of pedestrian quality nose candy..... Argh. No Sir
Oscar shall play where the bathing boxes are clean, the coke plentiful and crime rates a statistical rounding error in the grand scheme of things (although still an intolerable burden)

As for Tasmaniwhatsitsname #OMG dont even start, coke in those conditions uh uh. Although rumour has it there is a boat. Love lines on a boat. Now where was I, ah yes Chris and Soccer.

Last edited:
Hypothetically Hugh Mcluggage was keen to come home as a FA and we had the cash to get it done with Doc possibly calling time on his career... Do you reckon we throw our hat in the ring or resources better spent elsewhere? What would our midfield mix look like?

Obviously pipe dream stuff, but for the sake of bye round boredom...
With Tassie coming in I would be inclined to try and load up on youngsters and save the dough for a piece of the puzzle wanting. McCl is still a bollocking mid field type. A Kennedy rolled in diamonds. We need out side speed in the middle and a genuine KPD ( and a bonefide HHF with elite capacity) before Tassie feast on all and Sundry available.

Got to think of Cotts as a part of a sum of parts that makes us so strong.

Having him, Hollands, Acres who can run such distances on the wings is an absolute weapon. Only just need to see the social videos the club has been sharing about their individual efforts to get back into defence and cover to see how important they are to how we play. Without each other i don’t think they’d be as impactful as they currently are.

Pity about Doch as that was an awesome foursome with Walsh an elite runner in the midfield as well.

Last edited:
BigFrizz36 said:
He might be more highly regarded within the club than outside. He seemed to be playing on Daniel Rioli a fair bit last week who can hurt you but didn't hurt us. Defensive half forward flanker is a position that , even if you do your job well, there are not a lot of external kudos.…”

^ This ! Cotterell, and also Cunningham, have been pretty good this year, we easily see the offensive breakout bits, but some of the defensive stuff goes a little under the radar imo.
This! Half backs in the modern game can take a game away from you, it happened to us in the preliminary final. Strange enough when guys like Owies, Cuningham and Cottrell are in the side this rarely happens to us. The importance of defending has a half forward flank and stopping half backs from running riot can not be underrated.

Watching some games over the previous weekend, the kicking skills of the Swans and Giants stood out.

Who do we have in our team that are considered players with elite kicking skills?

I think CC is very good, but apart from him most of our elite kickers are in the backline.
Do we have anyone else who are elite kickers outside of our defenders?

Watching some games over the previous weekend, the kicking skills of the Swans and Giants stood out.

Who do we have in our team that are considered players with elite kicking skills?

I think CC is very good, but apart from him most of our elite kickers are in the backline.
No. Cerra closest to it but he's a wrung below elite by foot imo

Adam Cerra is an elite kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage, I can see Lemm being developed as a tall defender - where he's been trialled at times in the scratch matches. Right now, he's not great overhead, but has athleticism and good ball skills, which seem to be more the traits of a defender.

Which also may be why we recruited Michael Rudd in the VFL....looks a natural forward. We were linked to him in the draft, so possibly having a look at him before the MSD. Like I've previously posted, he was very impressive in a few of the U18's championship matches and probably unlucky not to get drafted.

View attachment 1931091
View attachment 1931092
Yep, would love him. He's a gun

Correct. It’s as big as a dream as SDK who would command not far off. Still doesn’t stop people wishing for a player though
Apparently WC will table a massive offer for Taylor, but they know he will re-sign.

Puts pressure on their cap and confident it will squeeze out another who they believe is gettable

Doing the same at the Dogs with English and JUH, to get another young WA boy

nope he is a good kick. Kicking is Carlton's weakness - all the best are in defense.
Agree,
Further to, Boyd is a seriously good kick, needs to get more of it but have been impressed off small sample size

Irony being I actually think Curnow and Harry are probably our best field kicks forward of center. Is that Ironic or just a fact, dunno. However two large key forwards that both have massive tanks, exquisite delivery and seem just at home on a wing or HHF is some what unique.
Releasing Harry from deep forward will continue to be the making of him I feel.

Agree,
Further to, Boyd is a seriously good kick, needs to get more of it but have been impressed off small sample size

Irony being I actually think Curnow and Harry are probably our best field kicks forward of center. Is that Ironic or just a fact, dunno. However two large key forwards that both have massive tanks, exquisite delivery and seem just at home on a wing or HHF is some what unique.
Releasing Harry from deep forward will continue to be the making of him I feel.
Second that sentiment. Harry and Charlie imo easily the best kicks forward of centre we have. Orazio was brilliant at Essendon but I'm not sure how he'll go this year, hoping he just keeps building towards finals where he finds his best form.

One more elite field kick through the middle or up forward would be great for the list overall. Moir and Hollands a wait and see this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back