List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of cheap UFAs that could play a roll

Think Perryman could head west
Isn't he from the same town as Matt Kennedy? I dare say the Eagles will try and hoover up anyone available but if we wanted him we could be a chance. Might depend on whether Doc goes on.

Not sure if Cal's list is complete. I believe Noah Cumberland's a DFA - he's one I wouldn't mind going after. Out of favour at the Tiggs and wouldn't cost a lot.
NCimberland would have been a good get but weā€™ve filled that vacancy with EHollands Fantasia and perhaps moir (?)ā€¦

I think we focus on a key back to work with weiters. When weiters goes down we become vulnerable..

What do you think?

NCimberland would have been a good get but weā€™ve filled that vacancy with EHollands Fantasia and perhaps moir (?)ā€¦

I think we focus on a key back to work with weiters. When weiters goes down we become vulnerable..

What do you think?
Cumberland has some big holes in his game. Three coaches (Dimma, Mini and Yze) have now rated him not good enough to get a game in a deteriorating team. Not really a need for us I wouldn't think with E. Hollands and Moir having been recruited. Hard no for me.

What do you think?
The issue for mine isn't so much who we bring in, but who we delist to make way. List spots are going to as tight as a fish's clacker the end of the year.

Cumberland is a different type to those, with the possible exception of Orazio. Very much a burst player in the forward half who can kick multiple goals. I see Moir as a Martin replacement, and Elijah becoming more a full time mid.

I agree that we need to look at KPP stocks - particularly a development KPD. Unfortunately, their stocks have risen dramatically in recent years, so any player we trade in will likely cost us overs. I'd love us to have a crack at Busslinger from the Dogs - OOC the end of 2024, but with their stocks of talls right now, I reckon he could be gettable at the right price. He was linked to us in the 2022 ND, so we have had interest previously.

Cumberland has some big holes in his game. Three coaches (Dimma, Mini and Yze) have now rated him not good enough to get a game in a deteriorating team. Not really a need for us I wouldn't think with E. Hollands and Moir having been recruited. Hard no for me.
Not sure Cumberlandā€™s issues are confined to on field performance.

Zurhaar seems a player I feel Voss would be interested in.

I could definitely see a forward line with the mix of the following working really well:

HF: Zurhaar McKay EHollands
F: Martin Charlie Motlop
Bench: 2 of Owies/Durdin/Fogarty/ Cuningham

Zurhaar seems a player I feel Voss would be interested in.

I could definitely see a forward line with the mix of the following working really well:

HF: Zurhaar McKay EHollands
F: Martin Charlie Motlop
Bench: 2 of Owies/Durdin/Fogarty/ Cuningham

Unfortunately the money some clubs will offer Zurhaar would be out of our reach

But, there still a few Acres, Hewett and Elijahs out there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are inside mids value in the market diminishing, Tom Mitchell traded for a dime and now Jack Macrae being forced out of the dogs, clubs canā€™t have too many and speed seems to be far more valuable to clubs now.

Battle will be interesting. Saints will throw the kitchen sink at him to stay so if he leaves it won't be money or contract length.

Would be the clearest need for us imo, were we to chase a FA.

Interesting he's a UFA though, Saints can't match and force a trade.
Battle isnā€™t a KPD though. He's a third defender at 193 cm. Would be fighting Kemp in particular for a spot and Marchy. Busslinger would be more our type but to be fair I'm not sure how he's progressing.

Battle isnā€™t a KPD though. He's a third defender at 193 cm. Would be fighting Kemp in particular for a spot and Marchy. Busslinger would be more our type but to be fair I'm not sure how he's progressing.

Battle is a tweener, not as agile as Gov, better defensively than Kemp, more assertive than Marchbank

He'd add to our list, but beyond our cap space

Busslinger will end up at WC

both lever and may are that height FWIW.

I'm not advocating for Battle btw, just noting he's the FA that would suit us most

What are our areas of genuine need?

DEFENSE
- KPP, mediums, smalls and runners are looking really good, question marks over ongoing health of some of the mediums?
- KPP depth always comes up, but if we keep Young and Durdin we're as well stocked as anyone. If we want to bolster this area for "quality" I think we'd be better off hitting the draft sometime in the next 3 years depending on picks and prospects.

RUCK
- well stocked with 2x genuine starting options and 2x developing players

WING
- well stocked with 3-4x genuine starting options and a couple of developing players.

MIDFIELD
- elite starting line-up, some strong rotations
- only thing that feels like we lack is some x-factor break-away types, ideally with elite disposal - would need to be someone top shelf to supplant one of our starters though...
- maybe a little short on developing kids for the on-ball group?

FORWARD
- best KPP pair in the business, just recruited for medium forward coverage, have a range of smalls with varying skillsets
- main focus here would be a really clever goal-sneak, the "make something from nothing" type
- next biggest concern is the lack of depth KPFs in the event Harry or Charlie miss any significant amount of footy, but maybe mitigated a bit by being able to play Pitto and swing TDK forward?

Forward planning - Both Campo's coming in gives us some more developing midfield depth, Walker in a few years gives us a little insurance against Moir and/or Hollands not making the cut between now and then.

Based on that:

Any significant injury to Marchy between now and the end of the year and I'd be going strong for Battle.
Wouldn't mind looking at Banfield from Freo as I like him as role player, but he probably just add to the glut of "OK" medium forwards.
He's a bit Meh, but Taberner could be worth a year or two as depth if he's cheap and wants out of Freo...probably gets better (silly) offers elsewhere though.

Beyond that....there's not much of interest on the free agent list, to be honest. I think it'll be a quiet off-season for us unless we elect to move on some players with currency to generate picks to trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back