List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, just looking again and Lore's spreadsheet doesn't look right.
The good thing is that even if we did have our own second, it’d likely be used as Welsh points (assuming he’s a mid to late first round selection)

Keeping the first rounder is the most important thing right now

The good thing is that even if we did have our own second, it’d likely be used as Welsh points (assuming he’s a mid to late first round selection)

Keeping the first rounder is the most important thing right now

First round picks are fast becoming overrated and useless at the Crows...

We simply cannot draft properly... :embarrassedv1:

Draftguru is usually updated at the completion of every round....haven't got a whole lot of points outside of our 1st pick..

We should be looking to bring the 2025 1st into this year so we can target the mid we need either via trade or draft and still allowing us to get Welsh. Unless we can get petty for a 2nd rounder which seems fantasy stuff then they had better shelve it until he is a free agent

And where do we get the capital (draft collateral) to land both let alone Lukosius with 2 further years to run on his current contract and likely already on that type of money.

Future firsts if needed.... With our sh*t track record id rather we offer them up and get some known quantities.

The only silver lining this year if we finish bottom 4 is Sid Draper.

Move Strachan on and chase former athletic 20 year old South Adelaide junior ruck Will Verrall currently on the Demons rookie list...watching him in the VFL against Footscray now and getting plenty of it and doing well against Rory Lobb in the ruck contests, and 2 goals when forward...looks to have improved his tank big time which was questioned in his draft year. O'Brien and Strachan both 29 before the 2025 season starts.
I think this is a good idea - time to move on Strachan and target a high upside ruck in their early 20s.

Would offer Lukosius and Phillipou both 5 year/$750k deals.... Honestly we must have so much room in the cap, even $800k if needed.
Lukosius is earning more than that now, and I'm sure Phillipou has been offered that already.

You're really underestimating what players are signing for under the new agreement.

Lukosius is earning more than that now, and I'm sure Phillipou has been offered that already.

You're really underestimating what players are signing for under the new agreement.

Fair - but my point is we have the cap space to offer them more than their existing clubs surely.

And where do we get the capital (draft collateral) to land both let alone Lukosius with 2 further years to run on his current contract and likely already on that type of money.
Luko.you wait until he's a free agent. Pointless discussing him before then.

Phillipou would be a first and a future second. That we could do, though is he better than what's available with our pick this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would offer Lukosius and Phillipou both 5 year/$750k deals.... Honestly we must have so much room in the cap, even $800k if needed.
For mine, NWM and his elite leg and run needs to be a priority

Can’t ever have too many elite decision makers

Future firsts if needed.... With our sh*t track record id rather we offer them up and get some known quantities.

The only silver lining this year if we finish bottom 4 is Sid Draper.

The players taken after Gallucci, Jones & McHenry - our premium early first round mids - are a bleak read.

This Sid Draper talk on this board reminds me of the Jackson Hately talk somewhat or even that of his brother Arlo....there are quite a few midfielders in this draft that look as promising as Draper who we probably won't see for 4 - 6 weeks with his ongoing shin splints issues, even his teammate Phoenix Hargrave isn't too shabby. Hopefully Sid Draper will be over his injury issues and back to full fitness well before the Nationals which get underway on May 26 with the SA vs the Allies in Adelaide.

Look forward to your informed opinions on this years draft crop as the year progresses mate... :thumbsu:

Come again?

A mid/defender of his type and class doesn't help us much?
No. He's maybe the tenth or twelfth best player on your list. A good solid footballer, but he's hardly a superstar.

If we were competing, he'd potentially be a good improvement on whoever the incumbent was, but he's not going to be a game changer. And he's not going to do much for us, if we're as far off it as we seem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back