• McDonald

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 66 48.5%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Any proven crafty goal sneaks we can target at the mid season draft?
The MSD seems to be a pretty shallow talent pool in the main over the last 5 years or so.
I remember plenty of hype about Robert Hansen Jr this time last year as a small forward goal sneak and he was drafted by the worst side in the league last June but hasn’t been seen since at AFL level.
Realistically it’s the 3 first rounders and one second rounder that will be the key to solving these goal scoring problems we have.

He heard a baggy was still inside?
true romance smile GIF

Bolton really is the dream now that Treacy is killing it, reducing the need for McDonald.

Schultz has moved on, Walters almost retired. We desperately need a top class goal sneak.

He also adds the speed and agility our main three center mids lack for CBAs.

I would throw everything at him.

Obviously unrealistic but if there's any chance I would do it.

what's the point of recruiting and developing our amazing young guys at Peel (including their culture) if you want to replace them with some older guys who are not as hungry for a GF win and are now just chasing money? Feels very Tim Kelly to me.

Serong and Brayshaw are our future leaders and are only 23 and 24. I would be mindful of the impact of unsettling what jLo is trying to create.

As I said in another post, I just watched "The Boys in the Boat about a US rowing team that won gold at the Berlin Olympics when the odds were against them. The emphasis was on the members of the team being a team and not a bunch of individuals.

In this last draft we went after humble, hard working individuals with leadership skills, just as much as we went after talent.
As Liam Baker seems to be the main guy linked to us ATM I'd say he'd probably be chasing money coming to us tbh. He at the same time strikes me as a guy that really wants to win as well. Sometimes money is what gets good players to your club.

I'm all for putting our last first-round pick on the table for Baker now. I'd love to pinch him for St Kilda's second, but they'll demand more with what we have. We need a mature head in the forward-line and it wouldn't hurt to have someone who has been there.

Use the other two first rounders. Maybe package the second to get higher up.

liam baker. 47 goals in 115 games

doesnt fill the stats sheet.

we have pressure forwards.. ffs why would we blow our cap on him.

id rather use the draft picks.

zurhaar is the one we target for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching games>googling stats

He is not a small forward.

He plays between the back flank, and forward flank. He is very clean, good at getting the ball out of our defensive 50 and transitioning the ball quickly, and when he goes forward he kicks goals.

He has periods in his career when he has played forward, and average 1 goal a game, and other periods where he has not hit the score board. I think this is due to role.

I see him as an O'Meara replacement. Starts on the forward flank, work back defensively well. Could play on the wing, back pocket, back flank for periods. Is a very good role player.

FYI - we still need forwards.

I was hot on Zurhaar, but I am getting colder the more I watch him. He reminds me of Stringer, in that he is good offensively but poor defensively and I think in a team that values effort we won't chase him.

Our lift is now in the position that hawks were when they brought in hale, mcevoy, Gibson, Gunston etc

Or tigers who brought in Prestia, caddy and Lynch.

We just need to top it off with some outside talent while not losing any key players
Very hard to do, as a WA side.

This is where the Vic's have a big advantage on us.

Watching games>googling stats
Agreed - played a heap off the half back line. He is now playing mid forward. No reason why he can’t fill a role as forward-mid for Freo.

Watching the first quarter on Sun he was on fire. Like a man possessed. He kicked one goal but crumbed off the pack a number of times. I’ve warmed to this idea if plans on moving to Perth. He wouldn’t be a permanently stationed small forward but certainly a player that can mix between forward and midfield. In his games this year he has been hitting the scoreboard with 7 goals from 5 games.

It really becomes a matter of who is available and whether they are a value add.

for mine if either of McDonald or Baker are available I believe they improve our team. Not sure whether either will end up being available. As for Bolton I’ve seen nothing to say he will be available. I don’t like comments around chucking everything (ie selling the farm) to get him. That is very bad list management.

I like Chad Worner but he seems more likely to stay next season but be an option to chase at the end of 2025.

Mid season pick up.

Do we look at KPD or FP? With Ryan stepping up and Draper soldiering on..do we look at best available goal sneak?
I was for Blight as a stop gap but Draper and Davies are looking great so no point doing that (even Murphy is showing good signs).

I wouldnt be surprised if they passed depending on where we are picking from because while I touch my wooden dining table, it would be disaster to not win at least 2 of the next 3 (and we should be winning all three).

Back