Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 64 49.6%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 7 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand the McDonald love.

I think Treacy is playing well enough to hard down the 2nd KPF, with Jackson as the 3rd KPF.

Baker is a great fit, Warner at the end of 2025 would be perfect.

Isaac Cumming (24) or Brandon Starcevich (25) would be perfect as free agents.
I feel like we have been given a $500 Myer voucher for Christmas and just want to 'spend it right now' and fall into the trap of trying to buy a team for the NOW and not for the future.

We have to think about salary caps too, and consider our current squad

Haha have we got another Z.Dawson on our hands? (I actually rated dawsons role in the team tbf)

If that's the case, our mid season pick really should be a mature aged KPD.
I think it's just overkill now tbh, I doubt a anyone we pick up is giving much more than Davies with the negative of limited growth potential

People around here were talking up Liam Ryan, Tim Kelly, Marlion Pickett, Nick Martin and others before they were drafted. Obviously there's umpteen others that were talked up who never made it or got a chance, but I want to know who people think have been overlooked and may be worth a chance in the MSD. Preferably a small forward... Another Ballantyne/Puopulo/Schultz. Someone early 20s doing reasonably well at WAFL/SNAFL/VFL level ready to take the next step.
I like your idea of early 20s instead of an older player, who has already won a few flags, and are just playing for the $$$ like Tippett did to Sydney.

I know this is very early days and Erasmus and Johnson still could be fantastic players, but if you were in the Freo recruiting team surely you'd be second guessing the policy of valuing draft picks over proven talent right now.
Reckon they will be going hard for McDonald and Baker with those 3 first rounders.

Johnson was a second rounder. Our most recent first rounders would be Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong, Young, Henry, Amiss, Erasmus. That's a pretty good strike rate.

Erasmus still projects as 100+ game player but it may be as a journeyman in the Bailey Banfield mould.

Unless we get more injuries to KPDs between now and then I can't see us taking one in the MSD. Draper doing a good job and Davies was spoken about in similar terms to Draper.

Probably depends on how Chappy goes between now and then and how well Cox is recovering from his injuries.

There's a lot riding on Alex Pearce's skinny legs at this stage.

Probably depends on how Chappy goes between now and then and how well Cox is recovering from his injuries.

There's a lot riding on Alex Pearce's skinny legs at this stage.
Doesn't depend on Chappy at all, he doesn't play KPD.

I suppose if they think Cox won't play again this year they might take one, but I reckon they roll with Draper and Davies. The odds of a state league player doing better than what Draper has so far I think is low.

all but confirms it, Baker to Freo!

Okay that's 1 down, 3 to go....hmmm, I wonder who's next....?!?!?!

• Lukosius...?!
  • Bolton...........?!?!
  • Warner..................?!?!?!?!

Comeeeeeeeeee on down, the price is rightttttttttt! Fremantle = Destination Club ;)
I want him but I do want to pay too much for him "the numbers I'm hearing from the West are pretty big".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want him but I do want to pay too much for him "the numbers I'm hearing from the West are pretty big".
That sounds like WCE tbh

Cleary said we are leading the race though

I think we can't compete with their money tbh but we can obviously give a better pick, so if Baker is looking at it in Success and looking after Richmond then we would be leading but it will cost him some $$

Having been pro McDonald, I now need to see Jackson as a midfielder before completely writing it off but Treacy's year has me questioning my original stance. At the very least, I've dropped him on my list of preferred players
I liked McDonald also but if we have Jackson available as forward ruck he probably isn't needed. Seems the issue we had this year and last is not having a back up ruck to play at the standard. Dont understand why that wasnt addressed, or at least concede the ruck as we missed the scoring of Jacksons two goals pushing forward.

There are lots of options as has been pointed out, Jackosn or Traecy could probably play midfield and push forward for a goal but then we need a key forward and medium tall.

One thing is for sure, the last two weeks we did not kick the goals required and more importantly we did not have the runs of 6 or 8 goals which is what you need when you play a tight defensive game.
The common denominators were Darcy OUT and Tabs IN. Just figure out how that disrupted us and work out how to fix that when it happens again.
I mean , one more goal and we win two more games pretty much. Jordan Clark wouldnt have flipped his lid if we still had a lead.

I liked McDonald also but if we have Jackson available as forward ruck he probably isn't needed. Seems the issue we had this year and last is not having a back up ruck to play at the standard. Dont understand why that wasnt addressed, or at least concede the ruck as we missed the scoring of Jacksons two goals pushing forward.

There are lots of options as has been pointed out, Jackosn or Traecy could probably play midfield and push forward for a goal but then we need a key forward and medium tall.

One thing is for sure, the last two weeks we did not kick the goals required and more importantly we did not have the runs of 6 or 8 goals which is what you need when you play a tight defensive game.
The common denominators were Darcy OUT and Tabs IN. Just figure out how that disrupted us and work out how to fix that when it happens again.
I mean , one more goal and we win two more games pretty much. Jordan Clark wouldnt have flipped his lid if we still had a lead.
That's correlation at best. Certainly not causation.

Unless we get more injuries to KPDs between now and then I can't see us taking one in the MSD. Draper doing a good job and Davies was spoken about in similar terms to Draper.

I can’t see us drafting one regardless. You never draft for the next 3-4 months.

Ryan and Chapman would be undersized but the club would probably back them in as genuine KPDs before drafting more. Six KPDs on our list plus those two would be close to the most in the AFL and every single one of them is contracted for next year - so whoever we draft won’t be anywhere near a game next year.

It’s a an opportunity to improve our list. As long as what we draft in the MSD isn’t significantly altering our thoughts on what to do at the National Draft I’m happy for it to be used like we used it last year - i.e. pick up a 19/20 year old and have them develop in the twos for a bit.

I can’t see us drafting one regardless. You never draft for the next 3-4 months.

Ryan and Chapman would be undersized but the club would probably back them in as genuine KPDs before drafting more. Six KPDs on our list plus those two would be close to the most in the AFL and every single one of them is contracted for next year - so whoever we draft won’t be anywhere near a game next year.

It’s a an opportunity to improve our list. As long as what we draft in the MSD isn’t significantly altering our thoughts on what to do at the National Draft I’m happy for it to be used like we used it last year - i.e. pick up a 19/20 year old and have them develop in the twos for a bit.
As per quite a few pages back, this.

Basically the only way they take a KPD in the mid-season draft is if Cox and McDonald have setbacks and they truly believe this is the year we're likely to truly challenge for the premiership.
There's lots of makeshift options on our list that we can get by with for a while.

obviously I was joking - nothing is confirmed. With anyone.

I'd be surprised if he chooses to go to West Coast, I just think it's likely he'll choose Fremantle (if he indeed does decide to head back to WA, he may not). Interesting it was Cotchin that said it, you'd assume he'd have insight. We'll have to wait and see, but it does appear as though he's out the door. I'm not sure where we stand with cap space, so it'll be an interesting watch

Back