• McDonald

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 66 48.5%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, you think you're only under 10% chance of getting on Mount Rushmore? I'd say your approximately 1/googol % chance of that. I know it's technically a subset but...

Warner is OOC next year and CTD said he's interested in coming back to Perth (not Freo specifically). That's why that one is talked about.

I'm sure questions like that get asked all the time.

100% Chad.
Hehehe, I think I meant to put that for Lukosius. It's still a silly remark, I was obviously just being facetious. I've not eaten and just fed my dogs, my brain's not functioning at optimal level! Which feels like most days...

I like what Snuff said a few days back - Baker, Warner and a pick in the first round at the draft. Works really well for me

Warner has some more fun links to get the ol hopes up
  • Sharks team mates with Sharp and Jackson
  • Like Jackson and Baker, a Jason Dover client (who is basically Freo Santa Claus at this point)
  • Name dropped by Ellis and Daniels
I hear what you're saying.

1713491008845.png

Also, is Dover the anti-Young?

Hehehe, I think I meant to put that for Lukosius. It's still a silly remark, I was obviously just being facetious. I've not eaten and just fed my dogs, my brain's not functioning at optimal level! Which feels like most days...

I like what Snuff said a few days back - Baker, Warner and a pick in the first round at the draft. Works really well for me

Yeah that aint happening

• Like Jackson and Baker, a Jason Dover client (who is basically Freo Santa Claus at this point)
If Warner is a decent chance we need to be very careful with what we give up for Baker in terms of cap space and draft picks. This big money we are throwing at Baker makes me nervous.

I was umming and ahhing about whether to include this but I'll steal a mates thunder but Warner is also starting to come up on off the record Vic media chats as well. There is a nice little signal fire amount of smoke there

If Warner is a decent chance we need to be very careful with what we give up for Baker in terms of cap space and draft picks.
Any extensions this year may include a bonus for this year, before smoothing out later for trade targets.
Plus with a lot of the core already locked in long term before the CBA increase was announced, think there's space.

If Warner is a decent chance we need to be very careful with what we give up for Baker in terms of cap space and draft picks. This big money we are throwing at Baker makes me nervous.
100%

Baker is good, but Warner is better and younger. Also weakens a good side as opposed to a rebuilding one.

I was umming and ahhing about whether to include this but I'll steal a mates thunder but Warner is also starting to come up on off the record Vic media chats as well. There is a nice little signal fire amount of smoke there
I'm curious, who is saying this off the record stuff in Victoria?

Seems like there is a tiny bit of smoke, which sometimes is all you need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney board is still crying victim that the afl unfairly treats them

You can't make this rubbish up

Amazing

cough Mills, Blakely, Heeney, Gulden, Campbell, cola cough
The most entitled club bar none.

They are run well enough that they don't need all the leg ups but still complain when they don't get everything they want. Starts at the board too, not just the fans.

Sydney board is still crying victim that the afl unfairly treats them

You can't make this rubbish up

Amazing

cough Mills, Blakely, Heeney, Gulden, Campbell, cola cough
There is a poster who I consider reasonable who refuses to think WA and SA teams could possibly be disadvantaged anywhere near as much as them despite the fact they have made more grand finals than Crows, Freo and Port combined since 2000.

Not only would they refuse to acknowledge they dont need the benefit from the Academy, they refused any kind of draft leg up for SA and WA teams (like universal access to indigenous players).

It's an unbelievable stubborness entitlement and ignorance

Last edited:
100%

Baker is good, but Warner is better and younger. Also weakens a good side as opposed to a rebuilding one.
meh, different players. i think baker is cleaner and a better user of the ball. also has some wheels himself and adds to a position we are deadly low on class in. warner adds another mid to a pretty stocked core, though does bring some pace and goal kicking prowess himself. im leaning baker

There is a poster who I consider reasonable who refuses to think WA and SA teams could possibly be disadvantaged anywhere near as much as them despite the fact they have made more grand finals than Crows, Freo and Port combined since 2000.

Not only would they refuse to acknowledged they dont need the benefit from the Academy, they refused any kind of draft leg up for SA and WA teams (like universal access to indigenous players).

It's an unbelievable stubborness
Entitlement.

Remember, for other clubs to get anything is tantamount to them losing something. It's entitlement, not stubbornness.

meh, different players. i think baker is cleaner and a better user of the ball. also has some wheels himself and adds to a position we are deadly low on class in. warner adds another mid to a pretty stocked core, though does bring some pace and goal kicking prowess himself. im leaning baker
Warner is the exact type of midfielder we don't have. Power and goal kicking. Warner will probably be AA at some point, maybe multiple times and possibly a Brownlow chance. Also 5 years younger.

Absolute no brainer, even accounting for the higher cost of Chad.

Not only would they refuse to acknowledged they dont need the benefit from the Academy, they refused any kind of draft leg up for SA and WA teams (like universal access to indigenous players).

It's an unbelievable stubborness entitlement and ignorance

So they are reasonable except when it comes to this issue.

The ignorance I struggle to forgive for a non victorian club. They have no where near the travel burden we do, but they should have some insight.

The solution for northern academy clubs equalising after they get access to local talent is that all of the academy players are unrestricted free agents for life, unless the club picks the player themselves - which is what I expect they will do instead of matching bids.

Don't mind the idea tbh

So they are reasonable except when it comes to this issue.

The ignorance I struggle to forgive for a non victorian club. They have no where near the travel burden we do, but they should have some insight.
Reasonable as in posts opinions with thought and reason and havent seen them troll. Swans supporters, despite all the evidence to the contrary are convinced they are basically the harshest done team in the AFL. It has the benefit of them telling themselves they are by far the best run club being able to overcome all the adversity they suffer and still be so successful and being able to complain about being a victim. Win/win

Reasonable as in posts opinions with thought and reason and havent seen them troll. Swans supporters, despite all the evidence to the contrary are convinced they are basically the harshest done team in the AFL. It has the benefit of them telling themselves they are by far the best run club being able to overcome all the adversity they suffer and still be so successful and being able to complain about being a victim. Win/win
One of two clubs that double dip on academy & father/son access, have been given financial allowances due to location, a favourite of the administration also due to location, some extra travel compared to Vic clubs but not excessive, and they're hard done by? Sure they do a lot right but come on.

1713494973255.png

One of two clubs that double dip on academy & father/son access, have been given financial allowances due to location, a favourite of the administration also due to location, some extra travel compared to Vic clubs but not excessive, and they're hard done by? Sure they do a lot right but come on.

View attachment 1963841
Sydney advantages
  • Not a fishbowl, players can be relatively invisible while playing in front of good crowds
  • top 5 most desirable city in the world to live in
  • Minimal comparative travel
  • Close enough to Vic, vic players dont mind going there and you can keep Vic players for the most part

WA/SA team advantages
  • Slightly better cost of living
  • Football state that normally (WA is starting to get pretty lean) produces talent

Back