• McDonald

Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 87 54.0%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 6.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's still got a few more years to go, can we get a Treacy extension quick-smart?

Tigers board starting to froth at the mouth.
Possibly crazier than some of the suggestions on the North board for Darcy last year. Multiple posters continually bringing Treacy up as if there is any chance in hell we let him go for Baker

I know he's still got a few more years to go, can we get a Treacy extension quick-smart?

Tigers board starting to froth at the mouth.

They've only got two first round picks. Not enough for Treacy with two years contract to go.

I would strongly advise Josh Treacy not to extend his contract until the end of next season, backing himself to continue to grow - especially if there is improved midfield to forward connection next year with a pair of mature mids/fwds added.

He'd only be leaving money on the table to extend his contract now.

Given he is contracted to end of 2026 already we have some wiggle room..
These things are done years in advance though and with the cap increase and rate of improvement, he could be getting some gigantic offers in 2026. We've been cheap on role players through the build so far, so long as they have him bumped up to "core player" money in the 5 year budget is all I'm saying

These things are done years in advance though and with the cap increase and rate of improvement, he could be getting some gigantic offers in 2026. We've been cheap on role players through the build so far, so long as they have him bumped up to "core player" money in the 5 year budget is all I'm saying

It shouldn't be too much to add $150,000 to $200,000 a year to his already contracted value and extending him through to 2028 where he will be a free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much were we going to offer Mcdonald, 800k?

Treacy is now out performing Mcdonald and we will only have to pay him 500k or so. Treacy is actually saving us a huge amount of cap space by becoming quality.

How much were we going to offer Mcdonald, 800k?

Treacy is now out performing Mcdonald and we will only have to pay him 500k or so. Treacy is actually saving us a huge amount of cap space by becoming quality.
That's pre new CBA money, gotta bump them numbers up. Zurhaars of the world are getting talked about at 800k and what if that McDonald money goes to a different Sydney gun...

That's pre new CBA money, gotta bump them numbers up. Zurhaars of the world are getting talked about at 800k and what if that McDonald money goes to a different Sydney gun...
Yeah thats true.

I do find it difficult to imagine us struggling for cap space when we have consistently lost senior players for a while now. Warner and Baker in could certainly make it tight though so you do have a point.

Yeah thats true.

I do find it difficult to imagine us struggling for cap space when we have consistently lost senior players for a while now. Warner and Baker in could certainly make it tight though so you do have a point.
I can see us saying heck it, deal with it in 5 years and do a salary dump, wouldnt be the worst idea if it meant we had 5 years from here with our current core plus Warner and Baker....

I can see us saying * it, deal with it in 5 years and do a salary dump, wouldnt be the worst idea if it meant we had 5 years from here with our current core plus Warner and Baker....

Yeah, hopefully Bells ruthlessness with role players salaries ends up being worth it in the long term (I doubt it though, I would kill for a fit Logue and Schultz in this team right now).

Yeah, hopefully Bells ruthlessness with role players salaries ends up being worth it in the long term (I doubt it though, I would kill for a fit Logue and Schultz in this team right now).
Schultz yes (because of the lack of other options), Logue was/is surplus

He is by far the most underrated recruiter in the league.

I was saying the other day to someone who was bemoaning the Hogan trade - the draft following that trade we picked up Lachie Schultz with pick 57, who we have subsequently turned into a top 10 pick and Cooper Simpson.

Has ability to draft, particularly with late picks, is the best in the league. No other list management team in the league could have dealt with the qualities of players leaving the club and managed to still put together a competitive list, much less a list that is (potentially) on track for finals

We traded Hogan for 54.
54 became Joel Western.

Joel Western who?

Meanwhile Hogan is staring for GWS.

We also paid a fair bit for Hogan.

There’s no way to look at the entirety of this trade in any positive way and what you were telling your mate is factually miles off.

Schultz was pick 57 but in 2018!

They’re not connected.

Hogan is connected with Joel Western… not as great is it.

Schultz yes (because of the lack of other options), Logue was/is surplus

Logue at the original price we could have contracted him for before Bell tried to take the piss would have made Logue exceptional depth. Logue would have played every single game this year and would continue to play every game until Cox was fully fit. Both Cox and Pearce are injury prone, and Logue is miiiiiiiles ahead of any other key defender on our list. Even against some of the faster key forwards Logue would be our best choice defender.

We traded Hogan for 54.
54 became Joel Western.

Joel Western who?

Meanwhile Hogan is staring for GWS.

We also paid a fair bit for Hogan.

There’s no way to look at the entirety of this trade in any positive way and what you were telling your mate is factually miles off.

Schultz was pick 57 but in 2018!

They’re not connected.

Hogan is connected with Joel Western… not as great is it.

I was talking about the trade in which we brought Hogan in, which was the 2018 trade period. We gave up picks for him, which was a bust, but Walls' ability to nail late picks including pick 57 for Schultz (which was the same draft period as our trade in as Hogan) fills over the massive cracks and keeps us competitive, against the odds

Joel Western had nothing to do with Jesse.
Jesse was a red flag from the start. Even Bell said no, before agreeing albeit reluctantly.
They knew it was a risk. Turned out it was a huge risk.
Nothing to do with Western

Joel Western had nothing to do with Jesse.
Jesse was a red flag from the start. Even Bell said no, before agreeing albeit reluctantly.
They knew it was a risk. Turned out it was a huge risk.
Nothing to do with Western

I’m saying the pick we received for Hogan was then used to pick up Western, but I do realise you can access picks 40+ easily enough.

I was talking about the trade in which we brought Hogan in, which was the 2018 trade period. We gave up picks for him, which was a bust, but Walls' ability to nail late picks including pick 57 for Schultz (which was the same draft period as our trade in as Hogan) fills over the massive cracks and keeps us competitive, against the odds

My apologies. I read it in a completely different way.

Yes, I agree with this sort of statement.

People often talk about the McCarthy trade in recalling that it led to a slide down the draft and Logue. They completely forget the fact it was arguably our greatest trade because we picked up Ryan, Darcy and Cox off the top of my head. It was something substantial with the later picks that were part of that deal.

Back