• McDonald

Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 88 54.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 6.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It shouldn't be too much to add $150,000 to $200,000 a year to his already contracted value and extending him through to 2028 where he will be a free agent.
Missed this sorry, that seems like it would be a mistake on his end since if things go as they are, his current deal is going to be an absolute steal in 2026 and he'd be giving money away as you've already alluded to. No reason for him to sign anything before 2026 at this stage

Talking about Hawks on the main board has helped me reconcile something I was struggling with. I feel like Walls is a genuinely elite drafter / recruiter but we still arent competing for a flag / are missing in areas. Rebuilding a whole list is as hard as it ever has been with the draft now compromised to extreme levels. NGAs, Academies and F/S and the point system being completely busted has made it very hard to get the talent you need in the door and you need to hit every, single, pick to have any chance of moving out of the muck.

Carlton are the only full rebuild team to get out of the muck recently, and they started 3-4 years before we did so managed to avoid the worst of it. The other teams that I would say have been rebuilding in the same time we have are North, Hawks, Adelaide, Essendon (sort of) and now WC and look where most of them are. GC also rebuilt at the same time but were basically given half their list because they couldnt do it themselves.

Walls has done an incredible job, whatever we do this offseason, I'll back him in to take us to the next step

Excluding O'Meara, Lobb, Hogan.

We won't get baker for the Saints second

Eagles with either threaten to walk him to pre season draft, or split their top pick and use one of those

The first option is less likely as players rarely like to shank their team on the way out

So option 2 - you'd think we will have to pony up that middle or last first rounder we have

And it assumes we have the cash to satisfy baker. If bakers moving home for only cash - we won't win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eagles are unlikely to finish below Hawks and Kangas so option 2 more likely.
Option 3 is he nominates Freo and they get the deal done.

Excluding O'Meara, Lobb, Hogan.
I dont he can be attributed with Lobb and Hogan, that was a changing of the guard year. O'Meara has been a mistake, yes.

Remember they had that dude for all of 6 months before they relegated him to playing with toys instead of doing any kind of list management - what his name again

Yeah, hopefully Bells ruthlessness with role players salaries ends up being worth it in the long term (I doubt it though, I would kill for a fit Logue and Schultz in this team right now).

Shooter and Blakers in and we could of give it a sniff this year

Anyways it’s a strong draft this year by all reports , not top heavy either with lots of conjecture about players ratings and a deep first round

Sounds like a pretty good one to have 3 middle of the road picks actually

Teams are getting better at drafting

Young players are better prepared than ever to play early on

Peel seems to be a good development set up

Take all 3 picks for mine and focus on mass x acceleration or players with slippery hips

Breaking / beating tackles is where it’s at

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Not worth a top 10 pick, so he goes for 2nd round of the first round. We will have 3 picks possibly in that 2nd round. Will also depend on $

Depends on how much Yeo gets paid too. He grew up a massive Freo fan! Hahaha. Plus they will have to pay the Golden Child to keep him. Won’t be easy, and Walls will make it hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all speculation at the moment but hypothetically would we consider upgrading 2 of our firsts for a top 5 pick if we don't land a big fish?

Personally, I think there’s real value to be found in any draft between 5-20.
I’d rather 2 cracks between 5-20 over 1 pick inside 5.

So many things to consider. We also have 3 picks so I can see the point of view of collapsing 2 of those into 1.

With so many academy type selections we will be a big player in opportunities for teams to shuffle with us for points.

Also depends on targets we may get.

Personally, I think there’s real value to be found in any draft between 5-20.
I’d rather 2 cracks between 5-20 over 1 pick inside 5.

So many things to consider. We also have 3 picks so I can see the point of view of collapsing 2 of those into 1.

With so many academy type selections we will be a big player in opportunities for teams to shuffle with us for points.

Also depends on targets we may get.
Unless there's someone exceptional in the top 5 that fills an obvious list hole, totally.

And you can bank that their first is off the table of the trade and there is no way tigers are happy with their 2nd round pick in the 20s. Just can't see them managing a deal while Freo sit there with the right picks and pressing for him as well.
I mean, it’s Bakers choice but their is no way WC are committing to breaking up a top pick to spend on Baker and if they are, they deserve meandering around 8 to 12

Morris says Freo, I’m happy to believe Morris over Ralph who seems to be basing it “on the feel of the thing”
He and rhino seem to be on talking terms.

Back