• McDonald

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 95 56.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

JUH being left out for "personal reasons" after avoiding training last Monday is a red flag.

Sam Draper on a podcast today said that he knows from people at the Bulldogs that if Beveridge isn't sacked, several players will request trades at the end of the year. We assume he's talking about Daniel and/or Macrae, but would JUH be a possibility too?
That's incredibly unprofessional for Draper to be talking like that about another club in the open media.

He doesn't seem like the sharpest tool though

That's incredibly unprofessional for Draper to be talking like that about another club in the open media.

Cameron Mooney commented about it (on a different podcast) and said that Draper would be receiving an absolute bake from the Essendon media manager about it. It's actually how I heard about it myself

Because we currently have 4 first round draft picks to play with.
There are no realistic small forwards on the horizon. We have Delean.
We need goal kicking mids as much as we do small forwards tbh.

It depends how much Sydney want for him this year.

Next year, we have some leverage while they are chasing a flag this year, and next. I think you would pay more this year, to get him.

Cameron Mooney commented about it (on a different podcast) and said that Draper would be receiving an absolute bake from the Essendon media manager about it. It's actually how I heard about it myself
Honestly think that's the type of thing that there will be a club statement about tbh.

Not a smart thing to do

The media would be loving this.

They can use the Draper audio as a way to say what they've known for months and been forced to be silent on.

Same as the swans/wicks & lions/shenanigans issues. Were silent on the incidents themselves, but once they enter virility in the social sphere, they can comment on other people commenting.

(if you get what I mean)

He said it on last week's 200+ poddy

Seems none of mainstream media picked it up til this week for whatever reason

I guess there was a lot of footy on in the past week

The media would be loving this.

They can use the Draper audio as a way to say what they've known for months and been forced to be silent on.

Same as the swans/wicks & lions/shenanigans issues. Were silent on the incidents themselves, but once they enter virility in the social sphere, they can comment on other people commenting.

(if you get what I mean)
Sounds kinda rude, weird/twisted and sexy all in one hit. I probably need to get out more, but that's alright....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Then when Yeo, Fatty and Barrass inevitably breakdown in the next two years, Kelly is 31 and being asked to be the main mid again, Waterman remembers he's actually not that guy and they dont have the talent to do more than scrape into the 8 with no elite picks and Tassie coming in we can all laugh at them for trying to top up AGAIN...

I dont think WC are stupid enough to really be chasing Baker
It makes zero sense. He will be long retired before they're competing again.

To this, WC's offseason is actually shaping up annoyingly perfect for a rebuilding team
  • Graham for free for the right age bracket
  • Busslinger for a 2nd round pick to replace Fatty soon
  • High draft pick to do whatever

It's very good list management if it comes through
I’m not sure it that’s simple for them. Just on Busslinger for example, a mate of mine is a dogs fanatic and I’ve asked where is Busslinger and how’s he going. Reckons he’s a been a bit of a disappointment so far but still developing slowly - lacks a yard of two of pace apparently. Doesn’t mean he won’t make it and is still young, but it’s a stretch to say he will replace McGovern.
I mean, he might well replace McGovern but it’s a bit similar to Neil Erasmus or Matt Johnson replacing Nat Fyfe…
You don’t replace 5 time AA key defenders or dual Brownlow medalists that easily.
If there’s the slightest chance Busslinger is even 70% as good as McGovern there’s no way the doggies will let him go that easily.

I’m not sure it that’s simple for them. Just on Busslinger for example, a mate of mine is a dogs fanatic and I’ve asked where is Busslinger and how’s he going. Reckons he’s a been a bit of a disappointment so far but still developing slowly - lacks a yard of two of pace apparently. Doesn’t mean he won’t make it and is still young, but it’s a stretch to say he will replace McGovern.
I mean, he might well replace McGovern but it’s a bit similar to Neil Erasmus or Matt Johnson replacing Nat Fyfe…
You don’t replace 5 time AA key defenders or dual Brownlow medalists that easily.
If there’s the slightest chance Busslinger is even 70% as good as McGovern there’s no way the doggies will let him go that easily.
Replace McGovern was a lazy comment but I still like the pick up and exactly who rebuilding clubs should be targeting

People forget with Chad that he has a brother that is b22 at Sydney. Now would a deal need to be done for both brothers to lure Chad over? While we definitely have room for Chad, I can't say the same for Corey. I just don't see us trading for both players whereas Eagles definitely could fit both in their b22.

People forget with Chad that he has a brother that is b22 at Sydney. Now would a deal need to be done for both brothers to lure Chad over? While we definitely have room for Chad, I can't say the same for Corey. I just don't see us trading for both players whereas Eagles definitely could fit both in their b22.
Corey is definitely not B22

They have a bunch of injuries and he has only played 2 games, subbed in both (11 touches and 5 touches), he may be best 32ish

The Derby threatened to put a dampener on the whole season but it's a very fun year to be a Freo fan. In the running for finals with a young core building, 3 1st round picks and s**t tonne of cap space. You dont get fun years like this where you can win in September and October very often, peeps should embrace it

This is optimism thread worthy! And I agree wholeheartedly! It is the beginning of the ride and we have heaps to love about this season, with a massive off season to come!

At this stage Corey being offered a contract to extend his career at Fremantle could be how Chad decides to move over. If the two are linked and Chad will sign with whichever club also signs his brother then it's not so hard to get him.
That's what I'm thinking. If this is correct then Eagles are in a better position to take both players. We won't know until September comes around so just thinking out loud.

Back