• McDonald

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 90 54.5%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We need someone with a job on TV to mention it, only once.
So just need Daniels to have another oopsy moment in an interview?
I think when Emmett starts a fight with him again to try to keep him away and keep his spot
Followed by Fyfe and co giving him a big cuddle?

Also on Gettable, Twomey said re Zurhaar "I still think there's an openness to potentially go back to WA if the right offers and interest is there". Doesn't sound like much, but that's about as pro-WA move for Zurhaar as I've ever heard someone in the know to say.

I am getting worried at the number of free agents still available, particular the UFAs. None of them SEEM good enough for band 1 but you never know. I would particularly like Hayward to stay at Sydney for obvious reasons
English is the one. That dude is triggering band 1 for sure. McCluggage as well but I reckon he stays based on all the noise.

I suppose there might be a world where Zurhaar or Hayward trigger band 1, but I think band 2 is more likely.

English is the one. That dude is triggering band 1 for sure. McCluggage as well but I reckon he stays based on all the noise.

I suppose there might be a world where Zurhaar or Hayward trigger band 1, but I think band 2 is more likely.

I think when Emmett starts a fight with him again to try to keep him away and keep his spot
Emmett is actually a bit scary. He's pretty big and obviously pretty strong and not backwards in coming forwards. Also someone prepared to have such a ludicrous hair style and not expect to be mocked must be pretty uncompromising.

I can't see a world where Zurhaar is band one. He is not good enough to command the kind of contract that would trigger it. If we went for him and did offer something ridiculous then I would seriously question the sanity of the people running the joint.

Well, hopefully not 6 @ 900k...

Honestly don't think Carlton could do it. Especially with players OOC next year. Must be a length over dollars deal, at least partially. Also, good chance that Swans finish higher than any of our picks.

Emmett is actually a bit scary. He's pretty big and obviously pretty strong and not backwards in coming forwards. Also someone prepared to have such a ludicrous hair style and not expect to be mocked must be pretty uncompromising.

Warner has close to the most punchable head in the AFL with his stupid hair and boyish, smug smile. It's why we need to sign him so I can enjoy him as a player.

I can't see a world where Zurhaar is band one. He is not good enough to command the kind of contract that would trigger it. If we went for him and did offer something ridiculous then I would seriously question the sanity of the people running the joint.

I tend to agree. I think its mostly cope on my behalf. Think the AFL world would flip if North got pick 2 for Zurhaar after getting 3 for McKay. Reckon they cook it, even if it should technically trigger it.

Last edited:
If Ben McKay was traded last year out of contract what does he fetch North Melbourne? At the time I reckoned it was a mid second rounder at best.

Zurhaar is a better footballer IMO but probably plays a position clubs value less so would probably get less money.

I'd probably rather trade St Kilda's second rounder to North Melbourne for Zurhaar than **** up our salary cap to ensure North don't match tbh. If we say that's all we'll trade then they'll probably end up not matching and taking a pick a few spots higher.

If Ben McKay was traded last year out of contract what does he fetch North Melbourne? At the time I reckoned it was a mid second rounder at best.

Zurhaar is a better footballer IMO but probably plays a position clubs value less so would probably get less money.
Ben McKay has looked pretty reasonable at Essendon so far, although he has limitations.
Surely he would have got a first rounder, but mid to late most likely.

On a tangent, I've never been impressed by Merrett but I guess I'll have to try and pay more attention this year. Apparently Essendon's midfield is the flavour of the month.

I'm still not convinced on Baker - I'd probably prefer to package up our firsts to get a pick around the top 5. However he will make our team better, and we should be entering our window soon.

What role is he best at? Will it be half back or half forward? We absolutely do not need another small inside midfielder.

I'm still not convinced on Baker - I'd probably prefer to package up our firsts to get a pick around the top 5. However he will make our team better, and we should be entering our window soon.

What role is he best at? Will it be half back or half forward? We absolutely do not need another small inside midfielder.
Baker makes perfect sense if the Switta rumours are correct, he would play the HHF/Mid role that Switta plays. If Switta isn’t leaving then I don’t really understand chasing Baker, he’s a slight upgrade but not worthy of a 1st round pick to force Switta to be depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there much bigger benefit in having a top 5 pick compared to say two players at 10 and 11? I'd be tempted to take the two personally
It obviously depends on the draft talent but if we want to plug specific gaps with quality (i.e a small/medium forward or wing) - it's better to have an earlier pick.

Is there much bigger benefit in having a top 5 pick compared to say two players at 10 and 11? I'd be tempted to take the two personally

It really depends on list need and what position the players at the top end play. If the best 7 or 8 are mids then for us having 10 and 11 would be better than a top 5 pick so we could address list needs rather than taking BPA.

We need a small forward. Not another midget mid.
Liam Baker is a midfielder.

Hagan is kicking goals at the sharks since returning home.
Midseason draft ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240508-174906.png
    Screenshot_20240508-174906.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 69
Talk in the age Jack Martin might be on the move if Carlton get Hayward. Wouldn’t be against it at the right price

What's happened to Ben Allan's kid and why are Collingwood debuting a 26 year old journeyman over him? Has he not come on or is he homesick?

Talk in the age Jack Martin might be on the move if Carlton get Hayward. Wouldn’t be against it at the right price

Hard pass. Been in the system for years and done sweet heck all.

Back