• McDonald

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 120 64.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 11 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tabs, Hughes and Banfield are all very big, very strong, disciplined guys.

Their sons would be giant, hard working boys who have grown up with a footy in their hands since before they could walk.

Just picture the three of them with elite skills.

We want those sons.
There all need highly skilled women for procreation..

sorry for the intrusion but there are some serious over rating of freo players here if baker is struggling to make best 22 for freo which is touch and go to make finals.

This guy finishes top 10 in a dynasty team that wins 3 flags and a leader VC of the club yet people are considering is he best 23 .

clearly not many hac=ve seen what he brings to the game or just dont rate tough hard work with a never take a backward step mentality

If he ends up at freo within 12 -24 months he will be rated at the top 10 players at freo
maybe not on talent but at leadership and no sh! taker level

The entire team raises when Baker as a tiny man with the biggest **** is on the ground

We will hate to lose him irrelevant of what pick is involved and some here considering if he even makes the team

Good luck for 24'

sorry for the intrusion but there are some serious over rating of freo players here if baker is struggling to make best 22 for freo which is touch and go to make finals.

This guy finishes top 10 in a dynasty team that wins 3 flags and a leader VC of the club yet people are considering is he best 23 .

clearly not many hac=ve seen what he brings to the game or just dont rate tough hard work with a never take a backward step mentality

If he ends up at freo within 12 -24 months he will be rated at the top 10 players at freo

The entire team raises when Baker as a tiny man with the biggest **** is on the ground

We will hate to lose him irrelevant of what pick is involved and some here considering if he even makes the team

Good luck for 24'
I think the concern is we already have a heap of midget on ballers.
He is the 1 position we don't need more of

Good luck for 24'
I reckon he wants West coast anyway.

Good luck for 24'
I think you'll find the normal level of BF board overrating here. A lot of the level heads would agree that Baker would bring a lot to any side and definitely fits a need here.

Where the conflation of supporter angst may lie on our end is: He doesn't fill our biggest needs in goal kicking small/medium forward, goal kicking midfielder and line breaking winger with a goal sense. The big theme here is "Goal Kicking", i.e. has a natural ability to find the goals and can kick 30+ a season whilst adding to other areas.

Freo has it's biggest bank of draft capital to date to rectify the remaining areas of dire need currently this year. Baker adds experience, professionalism off the field (historically a big tick for our recruiters), a hard edge, great leadership and team lifting effort: Amazing attributes that in the years prior to this would've been worth significant draft capital to us. But now, those traits in a forward is more of an upgrade on our current stocks of half forwards and small forwards: all of whom are Serviceable as it is but need a goal kicker to build around.

Personally I'd love Baker (and agree this board overrates our list a bit) but timing wise there are far more list important targets worth using our capital on and if they're not available to trade in this year it's probably wiser to: A) Chance drafting one in the first round or B) Trading back into next year to try for bigger targets again next year (i.e. Chad Warner).

it's tough because Baker is objectively worth what some Tigers would be asking for (a late first rounder). Conversely however, it would be foolish for Freo to offer that with our current context with other more glaring issues that need more immediate remediation.

Good luck for 24'
Agreed, if he says with you he will probably be your next captain.

I think the concern is we already have a heap of midget on ballers.
He is the 1 position we don't need more of
But he is the modern player and can play multiple positions.,,midfield, wing, back and forward. They are raving on tonight that James Jordan is such a great player for keeping Walsh relatively quiet. Baker could also do that on other midfielders. He is also a massive competitor with the gap between his best and worst games relatively small. A lot of our players play like kings at home but when they get on a plane to play they go missing.

I think you'll find the normal level of BF board overrating here. A lot of the level heads would agree that Baker would bring a lot to any side and definitely fits a need here.

Where the conflation of supporter angst may lie on our end is: He doesn't fill our biggest needs in goal kicking small/medium forward, goal kicking midfielder and line breaking winger with a goal sense. The big theme here is "Goal Kicking", i.e. has a natural ability to find the goals and can kick 30+ a season whilst adding to other areas.

Freo has it's biggest bank of draft capital to date to rectify the remaining areas of dire need currently this year. Baker adds experience, professionalism off the field (historically a big tick for our recruiters), a hard edge, great leadership and team lifting effort: Amazing attributes that in the years prior to this would've been worth significant draft capital to us. But now, those traits in a forward is more of an upgrade on our current stocks of half forwards and small forwards: all of whom are Serviceable as it is but need a goal kicker to build around.

Personally I'd love Baker (and agree this board overrates our list a bit) but timing wise there are far more list important targets worth using our capital on and if they're not available to trade in this year it's probably wiser to: A) Chance drafting one in the first round or B) Trading back into next year to try for bigger targets again next year (i.e. Chad Warner).

it's tough because Baker is objectively worth what some Tigers would be asking for (a late first rounder). Conversely however, it would be foolish for Freo to offer that with our current context with other more glaring issues that need more immediate remediation.
We also need a small forward like Papley or Ginnivan (neither of who I like) but who gets under the opposition skin, haven't had that since Ballas. Freddy did a somersault in the air at a derby and then had to apologise for the next week he would never do it again.

Good luck for 24'

Too me it’s not about wether he’s a good player or not ( he is ) it’s about losing competitive advantage against rest of the competition

Baker is a FA age player and wants a FA level contract which would be fine but he’s not a FA , so other teams are bringing in similar players on similar deals but are getting the rest of the competition to pay the price in draft picks and we have to pay him an ‘ overs ‘ deal and still have to dip into our own pocket for the draft pick

So really even if Baker works out as a player we’ve still lost ground in the macro sense against our competitors who have brought in similar players for free and got to double dip with their draft picks as well

That’s why I don’t like this trade anyway

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We also need a small forward like Papley or Ginnivan (neither of who I like) but who gets under the opposition skin, haven't had that since Ballas. Freddy did a somersault in the air at a derby and then had to apologise for the next week he would never do it again.
If you are a small forward and well liked you aren't doing it properly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck for 24'
Being in a premiership team doesn't make you a great player.

I can't imagine anything worse than Warner wanting to come home but choosing West Coast as his preferred team. In fact there is a high chance that this will happen. If Baker wants $800k send him to the Eagles to eat up their cap. Throw the cheque book at Warner and pray for the best. If he idolises the Eagles we are at a bad disadvantage.

I can't imagine anything worse than Warner wanting to come home but choosing West Coast as his preferred team. In fact there is a high chance that this will happen. If Baker wants $800k send him to the Eagles to eat up their cap. Throw the cheque book at Warner and pray for the best. If he idolises the Eagles we are at a bad disadvantage.
We Bump up the price for Baker.
Even trade their 1st for next year.
Cushioning the landing pad at coburn for warner next year..
Yes I've renamed coburn 😁

I’d go after McDonald rather than Warner.
He’s a desperate need, will fit with Amiss and Treacy plus Jackson doesn’t have to be forward. Opens up a lot of potential
Watched Warner and mcdonald closely last night.
That’s two weeks in a row getting an up close look at both.

Mcdonald is such a meh player. He’s a bit of a nothing player really. Definitely something missing from his arsenal that prevent him from ever being an elite player. If I had to project what he will eventually be it’s something between Rory Lobb and Todd Marshall. I think he’s a bit of a softie to be honest. The first thing I look for in a big key forward is vicious aggression. Treacy has it in spades. Mcdonald doesnt. Hayden McLean is a better player than mcdonald.

Warner - wow. This guy is a phenomenon.
Will kick 30 goals from midfield the way he’s going. Looked like prime Chris Judd last night. I’ve seen enough now. I’d pay ANYTHING to have this guy in our midfield for the next decade. I’d bank whatever picks are needed to land him in 2025. Incredible player and on a different planet to Logan mcdonald quite frankly.

Watched Warner and mcdonald closely last night.
That’s two weeks in a row getting an up close look at both.

Mcdonald is such a meh player. He’s a bit of a nothing player really. Definitely something missing from his arsenal that prevent him from ever being an elite player. If I had to project what he will eventually be it’s something between Rory Lobb and Todd Marshall. I think he’s a bit of a softie to be honest. The first thing I look for in a big key forward is vicious aggression. Treacy has it in spades. Mcdonald doesnt. Hayden McLean is a better player than mcdonald.

Warner - wow. This guy is a phenomenon.
Will kick 30 goals from midfield the way he’s going. Looked like prime Chris Judd last night. I’ve seen enough now. I’d pay ANYTHING to have this guy in our midfield for the next decade. I’d bank whatever picks are needed to land him in 2025. Incredible player and on a different planet to Logan mcdonald quite frankly.
In what future do we even have a chance to get him?
Guy could be a Brownlow, or Norm Smith medalist.
No way we could keep what we want and pay him, we are not Carlton 😜

In what future do we even have a chance to get him?
Guy could be a Brownlow, or Norm Smith medalist.
No way we could keep what we want and pay him, we are not Carlton 😜

What exactly do we want to keep?

We will probably have at least one top ten pick, a future first and two other firsts.
I’d give them any combination of three of them for Warner.

Back