Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Me too! I commented on the main board how it was nice to see him getting amongst it and looking lost - something else felt different though and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it

You’ve nailed it there. It warms the heart to see him up and about, getting stuck in and contributing solidly without any fanfare or fuss that would usually warrant a dual Brownlow medalists approach. Definitely more humility there and very much a glass half full sense of realism and optimism.

He seems of have used his ultra professional approach to everything to help him get his head right and accept his own shortcomings etc

So you're well and truly on the optimism train?

I like it!

Gotta love Barra’s dumbarse brand of candour. Does everything possible to give away that CY is Ralph’s source from a couple of weeks ago while making Quartermain squirm in his chair about CY being a source for the West. Chat around 14 mins

Last edited:
Gotta love Barra’s dumbarse brand of candour. Does everything possible to give away that CY is Ralph’s source from a couple of weeks ago while making Quartermain squirm in his chair about CY being a source for the West. Chat around 14 mins

No wonder The West is so WCE-centric and tries so hard to either ignore Freo or post negative s**t about them

I loved Duff and Quarters. But Barra is absolutely horrible. It is embarrassing to listen to him in podcast form.

Me too! I commented on the main board how it was nice to see him getting amongst it and looking lost - something else felt different though and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it

You’ve nailed it there. It warms the heart to see him up and about, getting stuck in and contributing solidly without any fanfare or fuss that would usually warrant a dual Brownlow medalists approach. Definitely more humility there and very much a glass half full sense of realism and optimism.

He seems of have used his ultra professional approach to everything to help him get his head right and accept his own shortcomings etc

He has taken on the role of protecting and feeding Serong & Co.

I think he learnt in the pre season games, that he couldn’t fend off players and then charge off. He has re-set his game, now when he has the ball, he absorbes the tackle, then passes off. In essence, takes the pressure, then hands off to a free mid.

I felt like Fyfe was a shield bearing the brunt of any would be tackler and disposing of the ball. At one point he had 3 guys hanging off of him and he still got his arms free and handballed it away. I was honestly blown away because like many on here I forgot. I forgot what it looked like when Fyfe couldn't be tackled. I'm not going to lie, I got a little bit emotional because it was beautiful.

If he can stay fit and do that regularly then jeez. The rest of the midfield will get fed some tasty handpasses.
As did Mundy. It's a huge positive for the side

Thanks for sharing this. That’s a fascinating exchange. Barras a clown but at least he wanted to be upfront. Quarters is a bit of a snake I reckon… he was very anxious to move in and not have his mate CY or Ralph exposed too much..

What a piece of s**t Jon Ralph really is. Ugh

Barra genuinely strikes me as a really good guy who just so happens to be a bit of a loveable buffoon.
My stocks in him really climbed when I tried the pod and hearing how he talked about indigenous topics and also Dani Laidley.

You get the feeling he's someone who keeps getting cushy jobs because he's nice to have around 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the West using AI to write their sub headings now? I don't want to be the one defending Kane but the quote in the piece specifically says 'not a top 5 pick'.

Last edited:
Arguably BF Freo's most hated two ex-player journos but hard to argue with what they say here:
*k this bloke does my head in "Every other team has jumped on board since we’ve seen this season and last season go to new levels" how are we the onyl team that cops this criticism despite making finals in 2022 and still hitting 10 wins last year as one of the youngest teams in the league? such rubbish he spouts, he always acts like his analysis is deep and considered, yet it might be as shallow as a puddle, hell back up his takes with a 20 second clip of a game and consider that enough - FRAUD

*k this bloke does my head in "Every other team has jumped on board since we’ve seen this season and last season go to new levels" how are we the onyl team that cops this criticism despite making finals in 2022 and still hitting 10 wins last year as one of the youngest teams in the league? such rubbish he spouts, he always acts like his analysis is deep and considered, yet it might be as shallow as a puddle, hell back up his takes with a 20 second clip of a game and consider that enough - FRAUD
Are you talking about me?

Are the West using AI to write their sub headings now? I don't to be the one defending Kane but the quote in the piece specifically says 'not a top 5 pick'.

WCEs can do a Tim Kelly and use their top 5 pick

I loved Duff and Quarters. But Barra is absolutely horrible. It is embarrassing to listen to him in podcast form.
Weirdly I don’t think he has actually has a bone to pick with Freo, he’s just a nuffy who reminisces hard about West Coast’s glory years.

Plus Freo were garbage last year so he wouldn’t have been the only one to talk us down.

Certainly someone that doesn’t have the capacity to regulate what he should and shouldn’t say, so at least you know he’s fair dinkum.

I take more issue with Quartermaine being all kind on the Pod about Freo then just whacks them in the paper, feels a bit two faced.

Barra genuinely strikes me as a really good guy who just so happens to be a bit of a loveable buffoon.
My stocks in him really climbed when I tried the pod and hearing how he talked about indigenous topics and also Dani Laidley.

You get the feeling he's someone who keeps getting cushy jobs because he's nice to have around 😂
Would be good to have a beer with but Christ he mixes with Quarters like chalk and cheese. Makes for hard listening.

I take more issue with Quartermaine being all kind on the Pod about Freo then just whacks them in the paper, feels a bit two faced.
Not sure if I agree on the two-faced part. I don't think his wacks have been unfair and he does defend us against unnecessary Vic heat when it arises.

Are the West using AI to write their sub headings now? I don't want to be the one defending Kane but the quote in the piece specifically says 'not a top 5 pick'.

Can't be bothered trying to read it, but wasnt Kornes saying last week that Richmond should make Baker the captain?

Quartermaine is a dickhead who brings nothing to the party. Barich is also a dickhead but he's an affable dickhead who brings an entertaining lack of discretion to the party.

Seriously, Quartermaine is a mystery to me and, by any objective measure, anyone who has survived the cull at The West under the current regime is either a suckhole or a clown. Or both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back