Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Steamed or fried dummies? We should also get him a rice cooker.
Got a fish 'n chips pack last week. Came with two fried dimmies. I considered trying one but could not go through with it. Not even with sauce of any kind.

Last dimmie I had was at see see's uncle's pub in Kew in around about 1981 or 82. That was near midnight when I used to drink. I suspect it was when I saw George Thorogood there. See See would know when that was to put a firm date on it.

We need to take this kid at pick 1 in the MSD. He’s a 196cm key forward who moves well and looks to have a very good kicking technique.
Hopefully the injuries are behind him now so we should be taking a punt on him. He has so much more upside than Scaife.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ive only seen the clip on here for Scaife, and while he looks to have an AFL ready body i did say id want to see more his chasing and leading. Mainly because the lad looked MASSIVE is the quads and wonder if thats too much bulk for the running AFL requires.
I dont see any issue with Howes movement, looks to have great hands but does appear to have a tendency to get under the ball at times. The other big plus for him is how he used his body to guard space, a skill many lack.

Last edited:

Anyone with any inside info know if we are actually looking in the direction of Howes, or are our uneducated opinions of him way off the mark?

They've probably never heard his name. More likely to be on the phone right now trying to offer a 2 year contract to Kayne Turner (we know Clarko loved him).

Goodness me. Reading the last coupe of pages here, he's a combination of Carey, Ablett Senior and Curnow. What a player. Future Hall of Famer then, although if he has some of the less attractive traits of Carey and Ablett, may have some rather unsavoury off-field issues too. Oh well.
Yeah, Carey's off field behaviour, Ablett's hand clapping, and Curnow's injury history. Sign him up.

Has anyone, anyone, advised Brady that there’s more prospects that just what the shithouse media come up with? Please don’t fk this up Brady.
Do you really think that Brady is getting his draft information from Jay Clark, Glen McFarlane and Jon Ralph? FFS give the man some credit, he may not be to everyone’s liking but the way some posters paint him as an imbecile is pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not one to follow too much on video but that’s as good as you can expect from an 18yo forward playing SANFL. Logan McDonalds about him dare I say it. Competing against the men and being the focal point. That’s a no brainer isn’t it?

Has anyone, anyone, advised Brady that there’s more prospects that just what the shithouse media come up with? Please don’t fk this up Brady.

IIRC Kallan Dawson was unexpected. Junior last year was expected but it was lean after Maric anyway.

Not aimed at you at all but the Jacob Edwards stuff bugs me no end. He was everyone’s pick 1, pundits had him going first round in the ND if he chose not to nominate. His failure was on him.

Do you really think that Brady is getting his draft information from Jay Clark, Glen McFarlane and Jon Ralph? FFS give the man some credit, he may not be to everyone’s liking but the way some posters paint him as an imbecile is pathetic.
To be fair, some posters thinks he gets his info from the drug dealer in the Park on Lygon St.

The above list isn’t too bad in comparison.

Was tongue in cheek, BUT, we/he has had some pretty suspect MSD decisions. I’m certainly not convinced our club has anywhere near the connections required, or asks enough pertinent questions, around draft prospects around the country. Maybe it’s a resource thing, but 1 hit, Dawson, which is kind of a stretch, out of 5(?) is pretty damming.
We haven’t been picking 9th or 10th from the list either, we’ve been up the very pointy end for the last 4 at least.
It’s a serious opportunity that we haven’t given due credit to IMO.

Edit. And I didn’t know that was Glen McFarlane, refreshing to hear a reasoned voice on North for a change……..or is he usually as much of a fkwit as Jay Clarke?

IIRC Kallan Dawson was unexpected. Junior last year was expected but it was lean after Maric anyway.

Not aimed at you at all but the Jacob Edwards stuff bugs me no end. He was everyone’s pick 1, pundits had him going first round in the ND if he chose not to nominate. His failure was on him.
Didn’t Newcombe go the pick after him? I think we got outsmarted by the Hawks, the same way the cats spooked us to take Will Walker in the ND, I bet they still piss themselves laughing about it. We haven’t treated the levers available to us to improve as seriously as all other clubs. Maybe things are changing. It’s a huge investment in selecting a player and should be treated as such, regardless of ND, MSD or PSP. Too many swings and misses in past years for me to be just bad luck.

Was tongue in cheek, BUT, we/he has had some pretty suspect MSD decisions. I’m certainly not convinced our club has anywhere near the connections required, or asks enough pertinent questions, around draft prospects around the country. Maybe it’s a resource thing, but 1 hit, Dawson, which is kind of a stretch, out of 5(?) is pretty damming.
We haven’t been picking 9th or 10th from the list either, we’ve been up the very pointy end for the last 4 at least.
It’s a serious opportunity that we haven’t given due credit to IMO.

Edit. And I didn’t know that was Glen McFarlane, refreshing to hear a reasoned voice on North for a change……..or is he usually as much of a fkwit as Jay Clarke?
Very fair journo and always gives North a fair go.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed, I don't think anyone predicted Christmas Ham in the MSD.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

All I ask is that we don't pick someone who needs years of development before they play senior footy. 200cm at 80kg screams 2 years minimum in the gym.

Been plenty of talk about Jack Hutchison, really hope we don’t take him. Other than a few flashy marks there really isn’t much there of substance. Doesn’t accumulate the footy and is too undersized to play as a key forward.

Jacob Blight is an interesting one, 23 years old 196cm & 100kg, key defender
From Peel. Takes plenty of marks, but I’m told he wouldn’t be the most athletic player out there. Very natural defender though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back