MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

This, only a lot.

I'd like to do an audit of Zorko's career, see if I can get stats on his performances at home versus away as well as stats on goals from free kicks. But I've been waiting for the latter on Dean Cox for years and haven't gotten anywhere, so...
Tell me what you want and I can do it fairly quickly

It was an interesting interview... still think there's a bit or cheekiness going on...

"yeah we saw what Neale did prior to that bounce to George a few times... so we just let Hewitt's slide a bit on this one as initially it slid off Neale's arm".........

Later comments where she mentions AFL prefer to have the stars available as much a possible (I know in relation to protecting players as much as possible from tackles/marks etc)...... like we didn't know.. particularly in finals.

But boy oh boy, wowee, was Lyon really hoping to get George suspended. Buckley and Brown sitting back bemused.

This, only a lot.

I'd like to do an audit of Zorko's career, see if I can get stats on his performances at home versus away as well as stats on goals from free kicks. But I've been waiting for the latter on Dean Cox for years and haven't gotten anywhere, so...
Specifically free kicks he gets when opposition retaliate after he goes in for a cheap shot first.

Made a career of it.

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was an interesting interview... still think there's a bit or cheekiness going on...

"yeah we saw what Neale did prior to that bounce to George a few times... so we just let Hewitt's slide a bit on this one as initially it slid off Neale's arm".........

Later comments where she mentions AFL prefer to have the stars available as much a possible (I know in relation to protecting players as much as possible from tackles/marks etc)...... like we didn't know.. particularly in finals.

But boy oh boy, wowee, was Lyon really hoping to get George suspended. Buckley and Brown sitting back bemused.
Lyon was definitely trying to get George suspended. Maybe create a situation where the AFL has to appeal. But if they did that, they would have to definitely go the nuclear option on Neale. And look at other acts by Brisbane players during the match. That late shoulder charge by Cameron into McLovin's ribs could have fractured or broke them and possibly punctured his lung. That sort of s**t really needs to be driven out of the game.

why?

His comments in that interview and even SEN on his morning segments. "AFL need to make a statement, now at round 1 is the perfect time", "If it's a week 20metres off the ball for the same action, then it should be a week 1metre from the contest". "Semantics" and his bemusement and dumbfounded confusion over how it was just a fine.

His comments in that interview and even SEN on his morning segments. "AFL need to make a statement, now at round 1 is the perfect time", "If it's a week 20metres off the ball for the same action, then it should be a week 1metre from the contest". "Semantics" and his bemusement and dumbfounded confusion over how it was just a fine.
Still don't see how that means he was hoping to get George suspended. Think you mean he has an opinion on a ruling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take that Neale

His comments were perplexing. He admitted that he punched Hewett because the umpire failed to issue a free kick for high contact (which he contributed to by raising his arm) yet was at the same time pleading to have the charge downgraded to careless rather than intentional!!!

His actions during the game and comments after have diminished my view of him somewhat (I’m sure he cares).

He was never getting away with his actions once Laura Kane explained why he was cited on national television!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still don't see how that means he was hoping to get George suspended. Think you mean he has an opinion on a ruling.
The way I 'read' Lyon was different to everything above- it was obvious to me he was referencing head high contact on one hand but really having a go at the AFL person with teh other - it was high horse melodramatic rubbish that belittled the woman's explanation with a 'semantics' tag I would lay money that the buffoon couldn't spell the word - I thought his attitude and demeanor lacked respect, considered response or thoughtfulness ( to her actual words and explanation) I don't rate him one bit and am bemused at how he seems to have become the boss in at Fox ....

also any tosser that wears those stoopid boots in the city pretty much outs himself as a Collins St farmer type boofhead.

The way I 'read' Lyon was different to everything above- it was obvious to me he was referencing head high contact on one hand but really having a go at the AFL person with teh other - it was high horse melodramatic rubbish that belittled the woman's explanation with a 'semantics' tag I would lay money that the buffoon couldn't spell the word - I thought his attitude and demeanor lacked respect, considered response or thoughtfulness ( to her actual words and explanation) I don't rate him one bit and am bemused at how he seems to have become the boss in at Fox ....

also any tosser that wears those stoopid boots in the city pretty much outs himself as a Collins St farmer type boofhead.
👍🏽👍🏽

Your defence of media personalities - and your attempts at trying to rid this place of the "victim" mentality - at times display the same level of irrationality as that which you're trying to eradicate.

Lyon's campaign to get George suspended for a week began immediately post-match on Friday night, long before there was any ruling upon which to have an opinion. From comments here, it sounds like it continued into his radio program as well, and here we have him using his television platform again.

Even when his co-panelists at the game pointed out that this was not a deliberate strike to the chin, but rather a push at the shoulder that slipped high, he was having none of it. There is no doubt he wanted a suspension to come out of this from the first time he saw it.

Does this mean people are accusing him of being a "carlton hating flog"? No. They are merely observing and making comments on his behaviour.

Last edited:
Lyon was definitely trying to get George suspended. Maybe create a situation where the AFL has to appeal. But if they did that, they would have to definitely go the nuclear option on Neale. And look at other acts by Brisbane players during the match. That late shoulder charge by Cameron into McLovin's ribs could have fractured or broke them and possibly punctured his lung. That sort of s**t really needs to be driven out of the game.
Gov's response to that was: "That's football"

I like that.

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your defence of media personalities - and your attempts at trying to rid this place of the "victim" mentality - at times display the same level of irrationality as that which you're trying to eradicate.

Lyon's campaign to get George suspended for a week began immediately post-match on Friday night, long before there was any ruling upon which to have an opinion. From comments here, it sounds like it continued into his radio program as well, and here we have him using his television platform again.

Even when his co-panelists at the game pointed out that this was not a deliberate strike to the chin, but rather a push at the shoulder that slipped high, he was having none of it. There is no doubt he wanted a suspension to come out of this from the first time he saw it.

Does this mean people are accusing him of being a "carlton hating flog"? No. They are merely observing and making comments on his behaviour.
Will you be ok? It's just dreadful the way commentators have diverse opinions about your ball sport. Anyone who has spent two minutes around here has experienced the "Lyon hates Carlton" garbage which you are curiously defending. It's dungeon time for you, in you go.

Will you be ok? It's just dreadful the way commentators have diverse opinions about your ball sport. Anyone who has spent two minutes around here has experienced the "Lyon hates Carlton" garbage which you are curiously defending. It's dungeon time for you, in you go.
Time you popped down to the dungeon IMO

An interesting inability to accept criticism on display here. I've been in a self-imposed dungeon for so long, I doubt that I'll be affected by a new one.

I've not seen any evidence of "Lyon hates Carlton" in relation to this particular issue. But I guess you can see it wherever you look ... if that's what you're looking for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back