MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd think being captain he'd stop doing things sicily...
I’m no fan of Sicily but was he suspended for knocking over McGrath? If so that’s a bit s**t. McGrath was the third player who targeted Sicily immediately after * kicked a goal.

Is he just supposed to cop that s**t?

Again, couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke but I’d be filthy if that had happened to a Blues player.

I’m no fan of Sicily but was he suspended for knocking over McGrath? If so that’s a bit s**t. McGrath was the third player who targeted Sicily immediately after * kicked a goal.

Again, couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke but I’d be filthy if that had happened to a Blues player.
AFL seems to have sanctioned 10 players roughing up Sicily who was trying to walk away...ridiculous decision.

Players like Sicily have to suck it up “live by the sword, die by the sword”.
10-1 is a pack of sillies chest pffing away and hiding their dirty linen from TV cameras and Umpire eyes- ridiculous I reckon

It was highlighted on 360 that he kicked McGrath in the leg as he picked him and dumped him.

Under provocation but silly and deliberate, deserves a week!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawks have appealed the suspension and imo are a chance to get it downgraded, I’m not sure how the kick was deemed medium impact, looked like he barely touched him.

Edit, just watching On the couch where Ralphy quoted the AFL as saying although the kick was very light, there was a potential for serious damage.

Optics aside, i dont see the the potential for serious damage in a kick of that force and if the AFL say themselves that the kick is soft, how do they grade it as medium? Im not sure how that holds up.

Last edited:
Well I've just seen the footage of Sicily adding a kick into the mix- didn't see that previously - yep he should be suspended for that ...
he was still gang attacked by half the * team.......weak as piss *.......

Hawks have appealed the suspension and imo are a chance to get it downgraded, I’m not sure how the kick was deemed medium impact, looked like he barely touched him.

Edit, just watching On the couch where Ralphy quoted the AFL as saying although the kick was very light, there was a potential for serious damage.

Optics aside, i dont see the the potential for serious damage in a kick of that force and if the AFL say themselves that the kick is soft, how do they grade it as medium? Im not sure how that holds up.

The faux * toughness had the potential to start a melee, no?

Any please explain from the AFL to * for actually stating they targeted and harassed a player. They want to stamp out off the ball incidents and concerned for players mental health and well-being. So a player is going about doing his job and outside the realm of sportsmanship he is badgered and harassed intentionally and actually coach driven and we're okay with this in this day and age? How many times have we seen players overstep the boundary on this by calling them a name or forceful contact leading to the player who is targeted naturally lashing out.

AFL wake up to this nonsense and put an end to it.

What I'd like to see drawing a bigger suspension are incidents like Redman

No form of toughness in those incidents

If they had given Hewett and Neile a week last week, they could have pushed for 3 on this (appeal down to 2) as the precedent would have been set, that they were not going to tolerate this sort of rubbish.

Hewitt and Neile got off with a fine, hard to then put 2 on this, the AFL are their own worst enemy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they had given Hewett and Neile a week last week, they could have pushed for 3 on this (appeal down to 2) as the precedent would have been set, that they were not going to tolerate this sort of rubbish.

Hewitt and Neile got off with a fine, hard to then put 2 on this, the AFL are their own worst enemy

I would deem 1 incident as in play (ball was being thrown up) and accidental contact

The Redman one was out of play, pushed Newcombe once, then had a 2nd go and caught him under the jaw

Stamp out crap acts

Off the ball punches/hits to the body 2 weeks, face/head region 4 weeks

It will stop the crap, faux acts real quick

I would deem 1 incident as in play (ball was being thrown up) and accidental contact

The Redman one was out of play, pushed Newcombe once, then had a 2nd go and caught him under the jaw

Stamp out crap acts

A punch is a punch whether around the ball or away from the ball. A punch on the football field is basically a coward punch as you don't expect it, you are allowing for technicalities, get rid of it completely, it is not part of the game.

Hewitt didn't mean to hit Neale high, but he did, Neale retaliated with a decent hit to the ribs, both had potential to do damage but didn't, if they did, one or both would have got a week or 2.

Stamp it out completely, there are other ways to be tough on the field.

Stamp out crap acts

I'd go even a step further, and any punch constitutes an automatic 1 week suspension regardless of where it took place.

I'm sick to death of those grubby gut/rib punches that hardly get cited these days. Those 2 cheapies by Cameron on Gov a few weeks ago weren't even looked at!!

David Zita (Twitter) …

James Sicily's ban has been downgraded to a fine.
He is free to play against Melbourne.

I'd go even a step further, and any punch constitutes an automatic 1 week suspension regardless of where it took place.

I'm sick to death of those grubby gut/rib punches that hardly get cited these days. Those 2 cheapies by Cameron on Gov a few weeks ago weren't even looked at!!
And they're meant to be mates.

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It seems a bit of a long bow to draw when he was set upon by about 7 blokes

Inciting a melee is already a charge regardless

Probably didn't word it right, For * to set upon Sicily as a pack was always going to cause a response from his team mates which could have caused a melee.

Once upon a time getting into or hitting an opposition captain was taboo which always brought repercussions

MRO.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back