Opinion 2024 new player jumper numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Which players will be given new numbers?

As it currently stands numbers 16, 18, 19, 23, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 39 & 46 are all vacant as of 19th October.

Gunston will automatically get 19, Chol could get 23, Seamus Mitchell might be given a new number?

IN
Gunston
Chol
Ginnivan
D’Ambrosio
Watson
Ryan
Dear

Last edited:
Ginni should get 33 (he wore it at Collingwood as he was apparently a big fan of Cyril growing up).

Would love to see Mabs in 46 (because it's a STUD number - refer Mason Cox and Mark Blicavs).

Last edited:

Love the annual new number thread. Weird thing I have

I've added 16 as assume Bramble gets delisted due to MD

Unsure what we do with Greene and Long

16 - D'Ambrosio
18 - Chol
19 - Gunston
23 - Vacant
33 - Ginnivan
34 - Pick 4
35 - McCable
39 - Dear
46 - unlikely to be issued

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always like having a go too, I never get it right

16 - Connor Mac
18 - Chol
19 - Gunston
23 - Weddle
26 - Massimo
27 - Mitchell
31 - McCabe
33 - Ginnivan
34 - Pick 4
35 - Dear

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

16 – Connor MacDonald – acknowledgement of his first 2 season which have been impressive

18 – Masimo D’Ambrosio – a nuggety half back flanker with a laser like left foot – Brent Guerra anyone?

19 – Gunston – no explanation needed

23 – Weddle – I have posted previously, I haven’t been this excited about a young kid, since well, the Budweiser!

26 – Seamus Mitchell – Liam Shiels nice guy demeanor and Rocket Eade’s pace

27 – Mabior Chol – can he channel some of that Johhny Barker magic??

31 – Pick 4

33 – Ginnivan

34 – 2nd selection (McCabe?)

35 – 3rd selection (Dear?)

J.Peck, D.Scott, D.Brereton & L.Franklin are superstars No.23 For The Hawks.

J. Peck put the Hawthorn No. 23 on the map.

He arrived at Glenferrie as a tall, strong, tough, fast and wonderfully talented teenager and is still the club's youngest debutant (16 years and 255 days).

Graham Arthur believes Peck could have won a Brownlow were it not for the asthma that prevented him from having anything but short spells on the ball; and he was an outstanding ruckman whose technique, according to then chairman of selectors Jack McLeod, was similar to that of Bill Morris, the Richmond Brownlow medallist.

Let hold for 2024 KPF free agent 😉

Did we have a guy named Gunston wearing 19?

Also 46 is 2 x 23. Who wouldn't want that Jumper?

I wonder if Tew Jiath came t Hawthorn and Lewis gave him his number, we' be all "What? so players are wearing their names on their backs now?"

Taking an alternate approach and hoping we do what we did last year with the past Hawks being brought in to say who they'd like to give their number to. Here is who I am hoping gets invited to give out the numbers this year.

16 - Issac Smith - get him back into the fold after his retirement journey at the old cat's home.
18 - Darrin Pritchard
19 - no input needed - Gunner will return
23 - Let Derm give us a 10 minute waffle about who he wants to wear it and give the editing team some fun
26 - Huddo
27 - Parko
31 - Garry Young
33 - Well we all know who we'd want - maybe Sam has a miracle in him here.
34 - Kennedy Jr
35 - James Morrissey

Did we have a guy named Gunston wearing 19?

Also 46 is 2 x 23. Who wouldn't want that Jumper?

I wonder if Tew Jiath came t Hawthorn and Lewis gave him his number, we' be all "What? so players are wearing their names on their backs now?"
Only if Morrison also gives up number 1 to CJ, so they can be 1 and 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back