Opinion 2024 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston vs Luke Jackson?

Houston vs Luke Jackson?
That’s a weird comparison

I’ve got both atm, but awaiting on team selection.

As a solo ruck, I would go for Jackson

Houston is good, but can throw in stinkers

All on field;

1) ZWilliams & Bonner
2) Howes & Wines
3) Jordan Clark & Roberts

All on field;

1) ZWilliams & Bonner
2) Howes & Wines
Howes and Wines, but Zilliams really is a no-brainer at that price if you can fit him in.

Holmes v Wines v Crouch v Martin

Holmes - Seems like not as much love for him? Even tho they have hinted at him having the same role as Martin? Did well both PS games.

Wines - Should be back to inside mid but port mids are stacked.

Crouch - Looks great but low TOG is a worry / Berry thrown a spanner into the works.

Martin - Juicy HBF role but why more love for him vs Holmes.

I would lean Martin - not necessarily because he will be the number 1 scorer of that list but because I'm not sure Wines or Crouch would be mid keepers (M8 maybe) but would expect Martin to be a defensive keeper. Holmes could be too but I feel like his role is more uncertain.

Another similar option is Karl Amon. Before you laugh, he has also (like Martin) been moved to the backline. He was moved there at Round 17 last year. Over the las 6 games he played in the backline, he averaged 107. Hawthorn were annihilated in the PS game and he still scored 97 (2nd highest Hawk). He has also started taking kick ins. Slightly cheaper than Martin but has actually played some in season games in the new role and shown what he will score doing so. Worth a thought.

All on field;

1) ZWilliams & Bonner
2) Howes & Wines
Star Wars Help GIF

I like Williams, Howes and Roberts from your list.
I'd leave the rest and restructure if I were in your shoes

Holmes - Seems like not as much love for him? Even tho they have hinted at him having the same role as Martin? Did well both PS games.

Crouch - Looks great but low TOG is a worry / Berry thrown a spanner into the works.

Ive got them all.. 40 trades YOLO

I've got 3 of them now.

I've decided not to go with Crouch, but got Berry as WaynesWorld19 said something about premium of the future :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would lean Martin - not necessarily because he will be the number 1 scorer of that list but because I'm not sure Wines or Crouch would be mid keepers (M8 maybe) but would expect Martin to be a defensive keeper. Holmes could be too but I feel like his role is more uncertain.

Another similar option is Karl Amon. Before you laugh, he has also (like Martin) been moved to the backline. He was moved there at Round 17 last year. Over the las 6 games he played in the backline, he averaged 107. Hawthorn were annihilated in the PS game and he still scored 97 (2nd highest Hawk). He has also started taking kick ins. Slightly cheaper than Martin but has actually played some in season games in the new role and shown what he will score doing so. Worth a thought.
Re my precious POD, Karl: 200.gif

Has Jackson got an injury cloud
Yes ....a tight back ....we'll never know, but there's a "chance" Jackson will have some inconvenience

I'm not an owner ....and I'm sure it's minor ....I don't want to scare off potential owners

giphy.webp

Bont and Gawn
VS
Rozee and English
And reasons

I prefer Bont and Gawn and my rationale is that Gawn as a sole ruck should score similarly to English, based on his history (5 years of average between 113-140 before last season). Meanwhile, Bont should average up to 10 points more per game than Rozee IMO (21 more last season) (but yes, splitting hairs).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back