Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Gallagher is the one we should try.

He’s got pace, has good skills and competes well 1 on 1.

All the others are just too slow to get back and defend.
He also has that campaigner in him

Freijah will be the perfect wingman in a few years time. Racks it up, has speed and size, kicks goals.

Also think Bedendo still has huge potential on the wing, he is still only 21 afterall.

Personally I want Gallagher training as our next Duryea, as a small defender but one who can also provide strong run and carry.
That’s where he showed his best underage form.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freijah will be the perfect wingman in a few years time. Racks it up, has speed and size, kicks goals.

Also think Bedendo still has huge potential on the wing, he is still only 21 afterall.

Personally I want Gallagher training as our next Duryea, as a small defender but one who can also provide strong run and carry.
That’s where he showed his best underage form.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Same with Bedendo
He was playing wing VFL for a while before getting hurt

His height and speed is pretty unmatchable

Bevo has talked up JOD as a wind potential previously. I wonder if Bev tries him there if Buku, Coff and Jones hold up.
Appreciating the example of Blicavs I really think there is more value in having a KPD who can run off his man and be an effective kick (as well as actually defend) than there is in having an extra 6cm-10cm in height on your opposition wingman.

Does anyone else feel like we're placing the entire fate of this club on the shoulders of one guy (Gallagher)?
I thought he struggled with the physicality of the two games we saw him against Hawthorn. Just doesn't look ready for AFL and I was surprised he was chosen in favour of Poulter who was just beginning to look at home at the level in his last few games last year. The club must know something I don't. Perhaps it's all about potential and speed rather than observable form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he struggled with the physicality of the two games we saw him against Hawthorn. Just doesn't look ready for AFL and I was surprised he was chosen in favour of Poulter who was just beginning to look at home at the level in his last few games last year. The club must know something I don't. Perhaps it's all about potential and speed rather than observable form.
From what I have been told the Club sees him as a mid long term. They have high hopes for him.

I reckon they want to get games in him now so he can transition in as a mid in 2 years time when Libba and Treloar will be very near the end.

I thought he was quiet but built into it as to be expected, don’t really think his physicality was an issue though tbh especially in comparison to Poulter who is as soft as it gets on our list,
I’d definitely be backing Gallagher in over Poulter to win a hard ball if my life came down to it personally

I will be telling my great, great, great, great, great, grandchildren that I watched JOD play for Footescray!!!
You'd be telling your great, great, great, great, great, grandchildren that teenage pregnancy runs in the family.

You'd be telling your great, great, great, great, great, grandchildren that teenage pregnancy runs in the family.
Or maybe (being perro loco) there has been a crossover mating with a dog?

A dog's average gestation period is 3 months and average age of sexual maturity is about 9 months. Hence a new generation every 12 months.

So perro loco could be having that discussion by about 2030.
In dog language of course. :dogface:

A dog's average gestation period is 3 months and average age of sexual maturity is about 9 months. Hence a new generation every 12 months.

Thank god he didn't choose to follow Rabbitohs...

woof, woof, woof, ...

Think Macrae’s drop in form has coincided with a drop off in his tackle efficiency (no stats to back anything up). During his AA years he seemed to be a reliable tackler to me. Suggests to me that’s something has not been quite right health wise. He has been too good a player just to meekly fade away from footy, and even last year he was still well and truly best 22 despite having his worst year as an AFL footballer. Strikes me as the extremely determined type as well.

That’s my two cents, which is worth two cents less than that. That’s enough talk about tackles today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back