2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Carlton supporters know the team is playing pretty crap footy, but we are not in here talking up players.....
Looking like it will be a Carlton loaded side this year.

Cripps, McKay, Curnow, McGovern, Newman all in the starting 18.

Acres getting a squad spot.

Weitering in month will be locked in CHB too.

Oh boy.
Admittedly they're quiet today.

No room for Vlastuin?

Just listening to Champion Data guy (I think) talking about Vlastuin.
Over the last 7 years:
  • he is 4th most intercept mark player in the comp. (not bad for a 187cm player)
  • the 2nd most points in the league off intercepts.
  • by stats and effectiveness (Champion Data's method), he is rated the 25th best player in the comp. Tom Stewart is in the 50's.

Now I am not stating he is a better player than Stewart, but he is not far behind and continues to be under rated.
In my eyes is the best half back I have seen at Richmond since Francis Bourke.
Not sure how relevant for this year…

Looking like it will be a Carlton loaded side this year.

Cripps, McKay, Curnow, McGovern, Newman all in the starting 18.

Acres getting a squad spot.

Weitering in month will be locked in CHB too.

Oh boy.

There seems to be a weird rule.

The less relevant Carlton is, the more fans like you argue for inclusion of umpteen Blues in the AA team.

Waiting for cases to be made for Owies, Fantasia, JSOS etc. Am waiting for the Blues to argue there should be AA recognition of the best player on the LTI. Surely JSOS will be a Monty.

There seems to be a weird rule.

The less relevant Carlton is, the more fans like you argue for inclusion of umpteen Blues in the AA team.

Waiting for cases to be made for Owies, Fantasia, JSOS etc. Am waiting for the Blues to argue there should be AA recognition of the best player on the LTI. Surely JSOS will be a Monty.
Wait till they sneak past an injured gws next week …. Be 10 players on their AA list

Alex Pearce as AA Captain feels pretty good at the moment. Leading the best defence currently in the AFL (63pts again on average) despite missing key players.

Luke Ryan been great again playing tall, similar to is 2020 AA year. Clark’s having a career year replacing Young as the rebounding HBF and Serong has gone up another level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex Pearce as AA Captain feels pretty good at the moment. Leading the best defence currently in the AFL (63pts again on average) despite missing key players.

Luke Ryan been great again playing tall, similar to is 2020 AA year. Clark’s having a career year replacing Young as the rebounding HBF and Serong has gone up another level.

I would agree at the moment, he's been seriously dominant.

Not necessarily a typical AA side (loaded with mids) but the side I would pick if I was a selector based on actual roles/balance:

B: Andrew McGrath - Sam Taylor - Brayden Maynard
HB: Dan Houston - Alex Pearce - Luke Ryan
C: Errol Gulden - Matt Rowell - Josh Kelly
HF: Gryan Miers - Jeremy Cameron - Alex Neal-Bullen
F: Shai Bolton - Jesse Hogan - Joe Daniher
R: Max Gawn - Isaac Heeney - Connor Rozee
I/C: Caleb Serong - Marcus Bontempelli - Nick Blakey - Toby Greene

Elliot Yeo is currently in this side.

Not sure what that has to do with Stringer having a very good start to the season and being one of the form forwards of the competition. But sure, a guy who will probably end up kicking over 400 goals in the AFL is crap.
It’s pretty funny how Carlton fans have become the most obnoxious supporters posting here on Big Footy.

All because they finished 5th in 2023 and scraped through a couple of finals against 2 out-of-form teams before coughing up a 5 goal lead in Brisbane.

They’ve literally done nothing to crow about and yet the Blues fans on the main board carry on like they’ve won B2B flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back