Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan McKay Vlaustin
Holmes Andrews Blakey
Gulden Serong Daicos
Miers McKay Petracca
Langford Hogan Waterman
Gawn Heeney Merrett
Houston Rozee Rowell Cameron

The last two mids could be a number of players, Bont, Green, Cripps, Butters, Yeo have all been just as good but there is unfortunately only 22 spots.

Lever has been considerably better than May this season and that's why I have him edging out Weitering, although it's close to a 50/50 call.

May simply hasn't been better than the best anchor in the league: Sam Taylor.

Weitering is as good a shot as any to make it if he plays every game from here. Can’t justify having him in at the moment over a few similar performers when he’s missed 25% of the season.

He is certainly due a jacket.

Ryan McKay Vlaustin
Holmes Andrews Blakey
Gulden Serong Daicos
Miers McKay Petracca
Langford Hogan Waterman
Gawn Heeney Merrett

The last two mids could be a number of players, Bont, Green, Cripps, Butters, Yeo have all been just as good but there is unfortunately only 22 spots.
Good team. Slight nitpick: despite the pronunciation (or what the commentators go with), it's actually spelt Vlastuin.

Ryan McKay Vlaustin
Holmes Andrews Blakey
Gulden Serong Daicos
Miers McKay Petracca
Langford Hogan Waterman
Gawn Heeney Merrett

Houston nowhere near it this year
Ben McKay? Lol nah

Lever has been considerably better than May this season and that's why I have him edging out Weitering, although it's close to a 50/50 call.

You're talking garbage.

May has received coaches votes in 4 of 8 rounds compared to Taylor 2.

May has been terrific.

May would almost be captain of the AA team at the moment.

He’s had an awesome year so far.

Ok this isn’t so easy but here it goes..

B: Ryan May Houston
HB: Blakey Taylor Daicos
C: Gulden Serong Merrett
HF: Heeney Cameron Bontempelli
F: Curnow Hogan Rankine

R: Gawn Rowell Butters

I: Vlastuin Waterman Miers Yeo

Unlucky/Close; Lever Holmes Whitfield Fritsch Rozee Weitering Sheezel McKay Green Cripps Anderson

May would almost be captain of the AA team at the moment.

He’s had an awesome year so far.
The world doesn't break if I have Taylor marginally ahead of May. Rolling form over the past few weeks make it close enough, I'll let you know when I have May in so you can have your endorphin release.

Last edited:
You're talking garbage.

May has received coaches votes in 4 of 8 rounds compared to Taylor 2.

May has been terrific.
"Considerably better than Lever" was probably an exaggeration but I have been more impressed by Lever. Taylor and Lever are simply the two keys I'd want in a starting line up for a game played tomorrow (the AA side CHB is often an interceptor). Weitering and May are close.

Sentences like the bolded are unnecessary. Let's not get emotional over something as futile as rolling AA teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok this isn’t so easy but here it goes..

B: Ryan May Houston
HB: Blakey Taylor Daicos
C: Gulden Serong Merrett
HF: Heeney Cameron Bontempelli
F: Curnow Hogan Rankine

R: Gawn Rowell Butters

I: Vlastuin Waterman Miers Yeo

Unlucky/Close; Lever Holmes Whitfield Fritsch Rozee Weitering Sheezel McKay Green Cripps Anderson
Good side. See how I am not lambasting you over preferring Houston to Holmes, it is fine to have some differences between our teams.

"Considerably better than Lever" was probably an exaggeration but I have been more impressed by Lever. Taylor and Lever are simply the two keys I'd want in a starting line up for a game played tomorrow (the AA side CHB is often an interceptor). Weitering and May are close.

Sentences like the bolded are unnecessary. Let's not get emotional over something as futile as rolling AA teams.
Not emotive at all.

When I see rubbish spouted I usually let it go. Not this time.

May has received coaches votes in 4 games to Taylor's two.

Significant.

Due to Bigfooty groupthink May and Lever don't appear in any teams (yes, you've belatedly included Lever), but Melbourne are the number one defence in the league and it's not all system. Try putting chumps down there.

Last edited:
Dan Houston - Harris Andrews - Nick Vlastuin
Max Holmes - Sam Taylor - Lachie Whitfield
Nick Daicos - Caleb Serong - Errol Gulden
Izak Rankine - Jesse Hogan - Marcus Bontempelli
Jeremy Cameron - Charlie Curnow - Tyson Stengle
Max Gawn - Zach Merrett - Isaac Heeney
Christian Petracca - Tom Green - Zak Butters - Noah Anderson

Not emotive at all.

When I see rubbish spouted I usually let it go. Not this time.

May has recived coaches votes in 4 games to Taylor's two.

Significant.

Due to Bigfooty groupthink May and Lever don't appear in any teams (yes, you've belatedly included Lever), but Melbourne are the number one defence in the league and it's not all system. Try putting chumps down there.
I really respect you now. You know when to lay down the law. We could do with more noble people like this. Abrasiveness and over the top language leads to great, balanced discussion.

GWS' midfielders, forwards and running defenders mop out more coaches votes. Taylor as the fulcrum has still been very good. They are an attacking side that moves the ball quicker and with more risk, which is harder to defend. Taylor's presence is a big factor in making that possible, even his work without the ball. He's pretty much been a brick wall, losing his first 1v1 for the season on the weekend (commentators said this so I'm relying on them being accurate).

The "belatedly" snide remark is another pointless and unnecessary addition. He was on the verge and had an outstanding game. We're early in the season so that can make the difference.

Outside of a shootout against Carlton when we were missing Stewart, Geelong's defence has been similarly strong with a really high rebound 50 rate. GWS, Sydney and Fremantle are up there too. Even Richmond. I'm happy with my back 6 featuring one player from each of those teams even if there's a case for two for a few of them. Spots are tight. You disagree and need May in everyone's rolling side. Hopefully I can make you happy eventually.

Alex Pearce has absoloutly carried Fremantle this season and been BY FAR our best player. He's running the best defence in the league with out a second key defender to help him out.

Thoughts??

FB: L.Ryan A.Pearce T.Stewart
HB: L.Whitfield S.May N.Daicos
C: E.Gulden P.Cripps J.Kelly
HF: I.Heeney H.McKay J.Cameron
FF: B.Fritsch J.Hogan J.Waterman
R: M.Gawn (VC) Z.Merrett (C) C.Serong
Int: J.Lever Z.Butters M.Rowell C.Curnow

Backline a impossible:

Taylor and Weitering unlucky due to games missed. Both deserve to be there. Harris Andrews been good as well.

Whitfield over blakey. Just. Better numbers.

Holmes. Z.Guthrie. Martin. McGrath. Zorko. Clark. Vlastuin all worthy as well

Mids:
Surprised josh Kelly not in more teams. Kicked 10 goals this season. Been elite.
The likes of green, Rozee, yeo and Anderson all unlucky.

Fwds:
Does it need a genuine small forward? Stengle, pickett and rankine the 3..can’t decide, so I went for Waterman. Could probably replace Curnow with Waterman and select a genuine small but how do you leave the player leading the coleman out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back