Autopsy 2024 Round 1 Blues hold on in yet another heartstopper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We win, but if I’m Voss I’d be livid after the game. Our form is all over the shop and we can’t keep grinding out single point wins and be happy.

North will start the season fresh like last year so they’ll be no gimee.
We get weiters , Martin, Motlop & Marchy back for selection - we freshen up after two energy sapping games.

You’re afraid of north - really?

Well that sure was a tough old slog! We probably went into this one a bit overconfident and we nearly paid the price for that. Richmond to be fair to them were well up for this one.

Still though we got the four points. Let's be thankful for that and let's also give the Roos a belting the next day.

Take the 4 points and run like hell

We have a lot to learn and build towards before we're anything more than pretenders this year.

Should have won that a lot more convincingly than we did tonight. So many blown opportunities to win comfortably but we just won't do it.

Need to settle and play confidently. Charlie in the goal square. Kemp after taking the mark and gifting them a goal that could have given them the win.

Richmond just don't give up. Important lessons for our boys to learn from their former premiership players tonight.

The second the game ended I rewound to Boyd's miss to check the before and after scores - the AFL definitely owes us a point

Yep, thought they stuffed that up.

We won by 6 points

If you brought me paperwork at the start of the year saying we’d have two wins under a goal against Brisbane at the Gabba and our bogey side Richmond I would’ve signed on the dotted line.

McGovern was great tonight and I think Cripps was clearly best on ground. DeKoning’s star is rising and I’m loving it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back