Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are times when grammar matters especially, when it's supposed to be part of your professional freaking skillset.
Fox Sports suggesting that Swans were very under-sized last week:

View attachment 1989233
In the context of the AFL grammar can make a massive difference eg. resign vs re-sign.
In general use it can save lives eg. let's eat, Grandma vs. let's eat Grandma.

Agree.

I think if we can keep Rampe more 3rd tall it would be good though, think Francis will be better on one of the big boys and just stick to them.
Problem is that he can’t dispose of it if he gets it. Liability as goals will be kicked straight back over his head.

The defensive crumber role is almost a necessity in modern afl. Take Wicks out and put Parker in and we may get a couple of stoppage goals and a couple more marks inside 50, but we risk Carlton waltzing it out of their backline. Parker would be the slowest man on the field by a long shot if we put him in and our game style relies on speed. Hard choice for Longmire…
All good, we have differing views on this one

Cannot believe the weak as piss posts on this Board with the daunting task of facing Carlton 🙄 Who the **** have they beat ?
Oh that’s right the juggernaut that is Melbourne ! Respect every opposition but fear them ? Carlton ? Please !
Happy to be in your “weak as piss” category, tough guy. I think their midfield and fwd line will put points on board. I think they’ll push us.

Luke Parker isn't a defender which we desperately need right now. Francis isn't an interceptor like McCartin and he's not as good as reading the ball. I hope he proves me wrong. I hope he plays a blinder because that's what we'll need from him.
Francis had a pretty ordinary game last week but I’m hoping it was first game back nerves. He actually reads the ball well in the 2’s and is a great mark.

Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never been more confident about a game this year. Carlton completely lack any method or system in the way they move the ball up the ground, hence their shocking turnover numbers going both ways + poor scoring efficiency. And if any team is going to expose it it's the team who have by far and away the best system of the lot, us.

View attachment 1989338
Problem is it's shaped like this with different distances from the centre circle to the boundaries. In order to get the full "oval" dimensions & similar/even distances between centre circle & all boundaries they have to cut areas & make the distance between fences & boundaries irregular/uneven - ie: 1 x wing may have a couple more metres between fence & boundary line. Over the whole ground that may take for example another 3-4 metres from the total surface leaving the "playing section" at 145-150 metres which is why there's less room between the arcs & the centre square compared to the MCG etc.

I found this interesting. Anyone here know if this is similar for the AFL too? or know where we can find AFL boundary markings?

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

I am so pleased to see that you're cutting back :)

I’m going to be very unpopular for saying this:

But I don’t like this year’s Marn Grook range - to me, it looks like souvenir shop at the airport stuff.
Funny how we see things differently, is think it's the best we've ever had and I wished I hadn't forked out $85 for a heritage scarf the other week so that I could fork out $85 for the indigenous one this week.
And I absolutely love the handprints!

Unfortunately I could not use that one with a group of 9 year olds :p
Why not? The questions would be hilarious 😂

Funny how we see things differently, is think it's the best we've ever had and I wished I hadn't forked out $85 for a heritage scarf the other week so that I could fork out $85 for the indigenous one this week.
And I absolutely love the handprints!

Why not? The questions would be hilarious 😂
Agree Jewels. This jumper is so much better than the former concoction of our Blood Red With Baby Blue or Powder Blue or whatever shade fashion aficionados like to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back