Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oof. Is it Friday yet?

Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One spelling (or grammatical) error that drives me particularly nuts (and there are many that drive me nuts) is the inclusion of an apostrophe before the 's' in a plural. I still reckon many people put it there because they don't understand apostrophes. But I've also noticed my phone "autocorrecting" by inserting apostrophes where they don't belong and I typically don't notice until I've posted a reply (and sometimes don't notice even then). If I do, I go back and edit, lest anyone think I don't know how to use apostrophes. But it's taught be to be more tolerant of those who put them where they don't belong. It may be their phone, not them.

There are probably other autocorrects (or autoincorrects) that devices make that we don't notice in an informal setting where we don't always proof what we read.
Also people incorrectly using it’s instead of its (e.g. the cat ate it’s food, instead of the cat ate its food), i.e., the only time it’s is correct is for the abbreviation of it is.

I’m Fine with being a dumb Concreter business owner

Don't call yourself dumb!

We don't agree sometimes on here but you aren't dumb, you are switched on and as you say you own a business etc.

I'm sure you didn't mean it seriously. But still!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back