Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For Wicks?
Definitely not.

Parker to come back though for Roberts who looks like he needs a break. Lloyd slides back to HB. I like the idea of playing Parker at the contest early whilst game is hot, then moving forward later.

Other change I'd make is Fox for Francis if Tommy is not ready. We sacrifice some height for better connection between our defensive unit.

I can confirm Saad isn't playing this week.

Flying up for this. Looking forward to a night out at the SCG. How quickly does GA fill up before the game?
No idea sorry, reserved seating, but it looks to me like there's always a rush for seats in the last 15 minutes. Could be wrong though

Keep reading that Wicks is "important to our structure". Would love to have that explained along with what people think he's doing better than Papley.

I'm glad he seems to have gotten his penchant for dumb free kicks under control, but I wouldn't say he's cemented his spot by any stretch.

I'd be keen to see Parker in for Wicks this week.
Wicks keeps his feet more and chases, whereas Papley often goes to ground?

Fair few comments from players about being gassed and that surface is a shocker, maybe after the trip to Perth etc we will see Campbell back for some pace? If someone's stuffed or even just as the sub for another mid. He looked good yesterday

Fair few comments from players about being gassed and that surface is a shocker, maybe after the trip to Perth etc we will see Campbell back for some pace? If someone's stuffed or even just as the sub for another mid. He looked good yesterday
Noticed that. I’m sure the fitness staff will go lighter on training to compensate. Heeney and Hayward both made that comment.

It’s a funny thing that our club is a game clear on top of the ladder and so much of what we’re talking about is how to fit marginal players (Campbell, Parker) into our best 23. The reality at this point I think is that those guys are not gonna significantly influence our flag chase.

Depth is important of course but it’s mainly going to be about how we go keeping the best 10-12 on our list in Errol, Blakey, Chad, Heeney, McCartin, Rampe, Florent, Hayward, Papley, McInerney, Lloyd, Rowbottom, and Grundy up right and fit the rest of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a funny thing that our club is a game clear on top of the ladder and so much of what we’re talking about is how to fit marginal players (Campbell, Parker) into our best 23. The reality at this point I think is that those guys are not gonna significantly influence our flag chase.

Depth is important of course but it’s mainly going to be about how we go keeping the best 10-12 on our list in Errol, Blakey, Chad, Heeney, McCartin, Rampe, Florent, Hayward, Papley, McInerney, Lloyd, Rowbottom, and Grundy up right and fit the rest of the year

We really need Tmac, can't remember who said it, Caeser maybe , but was imo spot on that he is arguably our most important player.

The game was dead but when Rampe subbed off and we had neither of them , it was reasonably noticeable.

Game sold out
Holding GA or Red Zone? Get there a little early.

Elim final last year:
Curnow 1.0, 15 touches
Mackay 0.2, 11 touches
Walsh 28 touches, 6 clearances
Cripps 21 touches (Heeney)

Play the same game as that we win, we are better this year
TMac played the game of his life on Curnow. Would be a massive in.

Hopefully McCartin’s ok but he missed the same game last year and we managed ok without him. I think it was Melican’s first game back for the season? He played well that night but has gotten better since. Francis also played that game.

Ok so why do the numbers show that Papley is applying significantly more pressure than Wicks?

No wonder I have number 9 tattooed on my back. Am I a greedy pig for insisting both the Pest Twins are vital for our team and they both must play. Who are the Twins? Wapley and Tam Picks of course

I can confirm Saad isn't playing this week.

Flying up for this. Looking forward to a night out at the SCG. How quickly does GA fill up before the game?
Members will roll in later because their seats are guaranteed. GA tends to fill up far quicker, and its another sell out so if you have a particular spot get there soonish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back