Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read on the Carlton board that Harry is fast, very fast. He runs 2km in 6:30. That is fast, very fast - not Jack Hiscox fast but we will need our fastest defender on him.

I like fast players.

This is the first I am hearing of this love for fast players

I put the tagline on the Carlton board and someone wrote back that they didn’t have any at Carlton lol
Yep apart from Saad ( who wont be playing) there is no one that has real burst speed - quite a few with big endurance though.

I just think that Carlton match up really well against us. They bother me as an opponent , nervous this week.
Yeah. McCartin is always an big out but against Carlton with 2 genuine big forwards its a huge loss for us. Not sure Francis is up to the task and that worries me a lot.

I just read on the Carlton board that Harry is fast, very fast. He runs 2km in 6:30. That is fast, very fast - not Jack Hiscox fast but we will need our fastest defender on him.

I like fast players.
As long as the great Dane is close to big Charlie over 10 to 25 metres I’ll be okay because Rampe gains a metre or two with how well he reads the game 🤓

McCartin out is a loss but, unless Carlton do a very good job of isolating, you don't get the one on ones you used to. Our back line works as a unit and will often peel off their man and help out. Our mids are also putting on a heap of pressure so the delivery might not be that good.

Luke Parker can't get a run so we must be going OK.

McCartin out is a loss but, unless Carlton do a very good job of isolating, you don't get the one on ones you used to. Our back line works as a unit and will often peel off their man and help out. Our mids are also putting on a heap of pressure so the delivery might not be that good.

Luke Parker can't get a run so we must be going OK.
Luke Parker isn't a defender which we desperately need right now. Francis isn't an interceptor like McCartin and he's not as good as reading the ball. I hope he proves me wrong. I hope he plays a blinder because that's what we'll need from him.

Luke Parker isn't a defender which we desperately need right now. Francis isn't an interceptor like McCartin and he's not as good as reading the ball. I hope he proves me wrong. I hope he plays a blinder because that's what we'll need from him.
The Parker comment was an aside. I didn't mean to link him to the backline discussion. It's just a real statement to how the team is traveling that he's being kept out based on the current team balance and performance.

Francis is no McCartin for sure. It will need an orchestrated effort from the whole backline to cover the loss.

Actually think Francis is ok/good with intercept marking … my concerns with him have always been his lack of speed and fitness.

I worry for how many potential
Free kicks Ramps will give away to Curnow. Umps love their free kick
Carlton this year.

Francis will have a huge role 3rd man up. His timing has to be a lot more spot on compared to last weeks mess.

Hope we have them covered enough at the contest though

Will be a very interesting match

No, the team were actually known as the Bloodstained Angels well before that due to the red sash across the white jumper;

View attachment 1987807
(The red V was adopted in 1932).

By the time of the 1945 GF the team was referred to by the Swans nickname (after the influx of West Australians in the early 1930s).
"Carn the Bloods", was always what was yelled out by supporters during the games. I don't think that changed much right from the beginning.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep Meli on big Harry, but despite the size difference I reckon Rampe would do better on Curnow. Francis’ lack of speed would be a big issue with marking Charlie 😬
Remember Curnow is not huge. Very strong upper body and good on the lead. It's going to require really good zone defence and effort from the mids plus running them off their legs.

I just think that Carlton match up really well against us. They bother me as an opponent , nervous this week.

I was always worried about their ability to dominate the footy & overwhelm our defence BUT based on our recent midfield form that isn't a concern for me now.

I have confidence in our mids to atleast match their mids.

The Francis dislike at his performance is over the top. He went at 81% DE, had the most spoils & one of the highest marks. Only 2 clangers. He did his job well.

If people are expecting him to be like McCartin then it's unrealistic & they'll never be happy with him in the team.

If we're relying on Francis to have a blinder to beat Carlton then we've got some big issues...

The Francis dislike at his performance is over the top. He went at 81% DE, had the most spoils & one of the highest marks. Only 2 clangers. He did his job well.

If people are expecting him to be like McCartin then it's unrealistic & they'll never be happy with him in the team.
It is also interesting how forgiving people are of McCartin when he makes the same mistakes. McCartin is good, but Francis is also good. They both make mistakes, but they are both capable of great games as well. McCartin is maybe better in a 1-on-1, but I believe that Francis is probably better intercepting.

I'd be looking to beat Blues firstly at the contest, secondly with team defence, force turnovers, and hit them on the rebound. Hence we need to put out our best contested side, that also transitions with most speed and skill. Hence my changes:
In Parker
Out Francis (Fox into 22)
Sub Roberts

Hoping someone with SCG Seating knowledge can help. I have booked last minute tickets for my daughter (8) and I to head up Friday night. We have Restricted View seats, as I was just wanting to get admission locked in. The tickets have come through and are Bay 11, row Z (right against concrete wall). Does anyone know if we would actually be able to see from here, or alternatively, if there is nearby standing room we could utilis instead?

Hoping someone with SCG Seating knowledge can help. I have booked last minute tickets for my daughter (8) and I to head up Friday night. We have Restricted View seats, as I was just wanting to get admission locked in. The tickets have come through and are Bay 11, row Z (right against concrete wall). Does anyone know if we would actually be able to see from here, or alternatively, if there is nearby standing room we could utilis instead?

You'll be fine to watch the game from those seats. No issues with obstructions etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back