My mid premiums:

Serong
Bont
Dawson
Walsh
Gulden
Green
Rozee

Who do we think is the best mid outside of the above group? Money no issue.

Do I go a Merrett/Butters/Rowell, or do I go a bit cheaper for Trac or even Oliver?

Merrett.

Can’t touch Graham/Rogers once the Suns game starts though?
Oops, my bad. Wait and see if Secco is sub I reckon.

Fwiw, I don't think he will be. Played well last week and I suspect it will be someone they want to manage, and I don't think Sexton would be a priority there. We'll see though.

Also don't think it'd be the first time they've named Swallow on the field and started him as sub, so wouldn't surprise me if that's what they do.

With Rogers, Grahem and Mckercher out do i look to keep Reid instead of trading him to Merrett (Grahem to Sully?)

Any help appreciated thanks
IMG_1661.jpeg IMG_1660.jpeg

Contemplating trading in Zorko or Rankine feels wrong…

Reid to Sullivan
Howes to Sinclair/Houston or dare I say roughie back in Martin
Fyfe to Zorko/Rankine
Or I hold Fyfe and grab Ryan…

With Rogers, Grahem and Mckercher out do i look to keep Reid instead of trading him to Merrett (Grahem to Sully?)

Any help appreciated thanks
View attachment 1990130View attachment 1990129
I'm strongly in the HOLD Reid camp.
Think Naicos last year. Reid could definitely end up a keeper, just doesn't help plays for WC.
Sure he'll lose a bit of cash, but another big score will come.

Think he's prob a last upgrade if it doesn't work out.

I'm strongly in the HOLD Reid camp.
Think Naicos last year. Reid could definitely end up a keeper, just doesn't help plays for WC.
Sure he'll lose a bit of cash, but another big score will come.

Think he's prob a last upgrade if it doesn't work out.

He hasn't been the same since he was rested it's almost like the break stopped his momentum & confidence.
I'm happy to upgrade him now there are too many cheap premos to upgrade to at the moment.

He hasn't been the same since he was rested it's almost like the break stopped his momentum & confidence.
I'm happy to upgrade him now there are too many cheap premos to upgrade to at the moment.
Yeah I do think this too.
Think I'm prepared to let him drop and bit and see if things improve before I pull the trigger.
It is a hard one.

Undecided what to do for my D5:

1. Go the cheap Jayden Short option
2. Go up to a Sheezel/Houston even though their break-evens are high this week.

Undecided what to do for my D5:

1. Go the cheap Jayden Short option
2. Go up to a Sheezel/Houston even though their break-evens are high this week.
Houston is definitely the go to, last week was his lowest score for the year and he's consistently putting up close to 110 scores every week. Sheezel is broken by the position change.

thoughts on trading darcy out this week?

still money to make. Coming off a 113 with a b/e of 36. I would almost hold till doggies bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After careful consideration, I'm going to skip on the Ultra Premo upgrades this week, and go for value.

1715830129853.png

1715830171751.png

Midfield is now complete, Defence will be finished next week, and with nearly $300k in the kitty, next week I can either go 2 up or continue on the 1 up 1 down path.

I'm holding Fyfe. Was averaging 90, then made sub, then made to play a game less than 24 hrs after one of his good mates had died & he would've gone 90+ but he gave away 6 free kicks
Yeah my plan was to hold him originally. Just starting to think with DPP changes a better F6 option may present.

Trading Reid feels like a no brainer. Priced at 90 and has only done that 3 times this yr. Rookies historically tire in the back half, will def need another rest or two. 100K to a Trac type is good shopping
Superstars often increase their average in the back half of their 1st season as they get accustomed with AFL footy, build match fitness and gain confidence.

Bont and Daicos averaged ~20 more in the 2nd half of their first season. Oliver was only 4-5 average increase. Walsh was the only exception I could find (he regressed slightly).

I'm backing Reid to get better.

Got 2 options Im thinking this week.
To boost or not to boost?!
23 Trades, 3 boosts left.

Team a little behind, injuries have hurt and need to start gaining some ground up in leagues.

1. Roberts > Stewart
Lazzaro > Rankine
Graham > Sullivan

Leaves $100

2. Roberts > Serong (via Graham)
Lazzaro > Sullivan

Leaves $82.8k

1st option gives me 2 keepers, and so a good scoring boost. Although I suspect neither Rankine or Stewart will not change much $$ this week if I wait. Would prefer not to ditch Graham just yet as I think more $$ to be made when he's back.

2nd option gives me Serong at probably the cheapest he'll be. Plus a little $$ left to grab at least one of the other guys next week. But Leaves more rookie scores on field.

Could also grab Reville, but leaving towards Sullivan.
Zorko I thought about, but injury worries me too much...

Thoughts would be appreciated SmartSelect_20240515_221051_Chrome.jpg

Superstars often increase their average in the back half of their 1st season as they get accustomed with AFL footy, build match fitness and gain confidence.

Bont and Daicos averaged ~20 more in the 2nd half of their first season. Oliver was only 4-5 average increase. Walsh was the only exception I could find (he regressed slightly).

I'm backing Reid to get better.
Think it depends a bit on role and workload as well. Bont only played 2 games before Rd 10 in his first season, Naicos played HB. Inside mid as an 18yo a tough ask with half an AFL pre season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back