Game Day 2024 Round 11 Discussion - Indigenous Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aboriginal Round

From the moment Joey Johnson took the field for Fitzroy in the early 1900s, he became the standard bearer that created a pathway for future generations of Aboriginal kids. Sir Doug Nicholls, forced from a club that he was training with due to racism, laid the foundations for others, showing his people that grit and determination could overcome the obstacle and pain of racism. We marvelled at Big Polly, one of the Stolen Ones who changed the way the game was played. We saw the Krakouer brothers set Waverley alight, and we looked on in awe at perhaps the greatest of them all, Stephen Michael, oh what could have been. We watched as the Aboriginal players of the 70s and 80s were berated, ridiculed and tormented, yet they still turned up week in and week out to play for their clubs. We were there when Nicky took a stand and said ‘no more’ and Michael made the long walk to ensuring that future generations of Aboriginal players did not have to face the wrath of racists both on and off the field. We hung our heads in shame as a champion was booed from the game. We were blessed to see Buddy, Rioli, Lewis, Goodes, Matera, Wanganeen and so many more champions of the game. So, in this Aboriginal Round, stop and reflect on the great contributions that Aboriginal players have made to the game but take a moment to think about those lost to the game due to racism or a lack of understanding of Aboriginal culture. Think about those that pulled on their jumpers every week knowing the torrent of abuse that was ahead.
So now we turn to Supercoach, and like the great spirit dreaming's, let us dream, dream big, dream high and may all your Supercoach dreams come true this weekend.

Last edited:

Marshall will be copping the Gawn tag

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Not sure there's much point looping him with Draper 🤢
It's generally good practice to loop if you can. Could save you a bad score if he does a string in the second minute for example.

I'm looping Sam Darcy tonight in case he shits the bed.

Are Tiges fans buying McAuliffe ?
He makes sense to me. Likey like.

I really dont want to buy both Richards and McAuliffe this week.

Feels like this sudden plethora of Pies rooks are watering down the value of Sullivan and Richards.
Agree on the Pies rookies, there are too many now. They can't all work out.

I'm annoyed I didn't get McAuliffe last week, that was a mistake. Don't like getting rookies after a price rise though.

It's generally good practice to loop if you can. Could save you a bad score if he does a string in the second minute for example.

I'm looping Sam Darcy tonight in case he shits the bed.
It will depend how I structure my Houston trade anyway. Will either swing Kerch or Daicos into the mids.

Yep Darcy is looped with Richards and Livingstone for me.

I think that Jordan will go to Ed Richards.
No chance imo. Jordan has been tagging the teams hardest running line breaker. Has destroyed Whitfield, Clark, Anderson and Walsh in recent weeks. I'd say 90% chance Dale, 5% chance each of Bont and Treloar. Richards as a mid does not have anywhere near the hurt factor of the others

I think that Jordan will go to Ed Richards.
Sounds like Richards will be tagging Heeney through the middle, based off what Beveridge said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any signs we’ll see Will Graham get a game this weekend?

I was going to trade Sweet out for Butters this week, until I got the news he was back in the selection frame.

Could do the same trade with Graham, but if both he and Sweet get selected Imma have to reassess.
Unlikely after 2 big wins in Darwin without him where they used 26 players across the 2 games, even if a few are out from the last game he would be behind plenty of others I think

No chance imo. Jordan has been tagging the teams hardest running line breaker. Has destroyed Whitfield, Clark, Anderson and Walsh in recent weeks. I'd say 90% chance Dale, 5% chance each of Bont and Treloar. Richards as a mid does not have anywhere near the hurt factor of the others
Just what I need, Dale to score a 50. :mad:

Shout out to the Teams in the Roobies league - 10th ranked overall.
That's outstanding for a bunch of Kenties on BF SC forum.
1716434425251.png

BTW - It's a pretty tough league!
I'm 13th ranked in this league but first for the Points Against, by some margin too :mad: - but, watch out guys. I'm charging to the finals!

Attachments

• 1716434164912.png
    1716434164912.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 6
So is everyone going Richards over Freijah? 🤔
I'm probably going Freijah, provided he isn't sub tonight. DPP, likely role and likely JS are all a bit better.

So is everyone going Richards over Freijah? 🤔

I’m going Fajitas

Too many pies rookies, people returning from injuries and pies play this week in WA off a 6 day break

Sure he may get selected but everything above feels like higher chance of being a dead rookie before ready to cull

At least with the Mexican he’s DPP

I’m going Fajitas

Too many pies rookies, people returning from injuries and pies play this week in WA off a 6 day break

Sure he may get selected but everything above feels like higher chance of being a dead rookie before ready to cull

At least with the Mexican he’s DPP

I've been thinking this aswell but the majority seem to be going with Richards.

It was Garcia that got subbed off last week and not Freijah right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back