Preview 2024 Round 2 Freo v Roos

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Erasmus I see projecting as De Boer. A solid soldier, but not A-grade material. I just don't see the hype or what he brings, and for now he's probably unfairly judged on where we took him in the draft. And ... I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong
If you can recall de Boers importance to the gws midfield then the comparison suggests Erasmus could be a very important cog in ours. Erasmus is a pro so you know he's going to try to reach the level.

Really, the only player of note there is Wardlaw. The rest are fringe best 22
I do rate Wardlaw, however.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed, in saying that most of their side is fringe best 22.

Not sure why that's put on Henry. It really looks to me like his development has gone through the roof. He's now expected to make kicks we didn't ask him to do, and do inside midfielder things.

The meme on here is he left for the bright lights of Melbourne and... fashion. Looks to me like he may have left for football reasons.

Henry is developing at the Saints about how he was tracking at Freo.

He is getting the typical overhype from the east coast media now they know who he is on the back of a trade, same as happened with Neale.

I’m pretty sure Henry was the one who said that he was leaving for fashion and the bright lights? It wasn’t just mud, it was his own story.

He is a sort of player who asks what can the club do for him, not what can he do for the club. So from a culture point of view, happy to see him go, it doesn’t fit what the rest of the team are doing.

Hope he has an ok career at the Saints, and drops off a massive cliff ala Gaff when he gets a nice contract extension and mentality goes into semi retirement.

Tabs gets to play for his career, I do think he has earned that opportunity as the most experienced tall forward not already in the side.

If he looks like someone's dad filling in for the game he can start planning life after a career of hard, hard work.

120 games. I wish him many sons to mothers who are mad Freo supporters.

But I do hope he keeps out of Amiss' leading lanes and takes 20 marks, kicks 16 goals and the likes of Collingwood throw a huge deal in front of him as a free agent - for his benefit.
Tabs is done. Doesn’t have a high footy IQ and his body has let him down for the last few seasons. This will be his last year at Freo. Nail in the coffin was 2022 final series.

This is one of the games I had us losing (previous history, Rd2, away). Win this and top 4 is on the cards.

Here's where I had us dropping games. For a 13/10 record and top 8

North
Blues
Port
Swans
Saints
Pies
Dogs (A)
Swans
Giants
Port

This is one of the games I had us losing (previous history, Rd2, away). Win this and top 4 is on the cards.

North
Blues
Port
Swans
Saints
Pies
Dogs (A)
Swans
Giants
Port

Based off last week alone, North, Blues, Pies are definitely more winnable now than they were in preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North
Blues
Port
Swans
Saints
Pies
Dogs (A)
Swans
Giants
Port
You had us winning against Brisbane but losing against North?

Tabs is done. Doesn’t have a high footy IQ and his body has let him down for the last few seasons. This will be his last year at Freo. Nail in the coffin was 2022 final series.
Certainly he's got a dicky skeletal-muscular system to carry and his neural networks don't always fire quickly out on the field, but put him out there and he somehow pulls it together to take flight if given enough of a runway.

Not sure why that's put on Henry. It really looks to me like his development has gone through the roof. He's now expected to make kicks we didn't ask him to do, and do inside midfielder things.

The meme on here is he left for the bright lights of Melbourne and... fashion. Looks to me like he may have left for football reasons.
Why are we discussing Henry on Preview thread for Sat vs Roos.
Move it to the past players or Non Freo AFL one.
He left and now plays for another team who we aren’t playing on Saturday.

This is the game I need to see us win playing the style of footy we want to play for me to have some confidence in this side.

We normally stink these sort of games up.
nah well smash em like we did to the hawks and bombers last year, just a better team

Back