Autopsy 2024 Round 3 Bruising Blues Too Much For Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 3 vs North?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps, brilliant. Loving the handball first approach. Harry and Charlie awesome. Best tall forward combo in the comp. Weiters amazing. Backline so better organised and structured when he's there.

Elijah's last half was terrific. Worked his way into it and staked his place in the 22 for mind. We've found one there.

Owies good but still think that the small forwards need to improve. Not enough goals from ground balls when Harry and Charlie bring it to ground. Great start to the season.

It surprised me how undisciplined Norf were for a Clarko coached side. Then again though, probably more that they are not yet good at getting away with dirty stuff like the Hawks were.

Until Collingwood won this round GWS had only beaten winless teams.

Fremantle another side that’s only beaten winless teams.

It’s a dumb argument to be having in round three. We came from behind to take care of Brisbane at the Gabba, couldn’t care less if they haven’t won since then - not our problem.

That was the win we just had to have, a good old fashion thumping, ugly as sin but still four points!!

Looking forward to watching Freo now......

Not ugly, some rustiness but we put in some superb passages of play.

Weitering close to our most important player. We stand taller with him in.

And McG added some real hardness to his game, very aggressive. His bone crunching tackle on Larkey was brutal, fair but ruthless.

And Vossy, master-stroke putting Hewett on LDU, smothered him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome!!! McKay went God mode, Cerra superb, Cripps brilliant as ever.

What happened to Curnow though? God I hope it's not serious.

He was walking fine on the ground after the game shaking hands, I reckon he rolled his ankle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure I’d be blaming Dew, clearly he had some other things going on and being around Ollie in Victoria was better for him.

Thanks though!!
Dew alienated him and wouldn't instruct him what he needed to get back into the best 22. I'd absolutely blame Dew. Obviously the end of the season stuff happened, but he would been much more secure if he didn't get treated like that by Dew.

I’m pretty happy with that. It was far from perfect. But at this stage of year it shouldn’t be. Our best footy last year was against Collingwood. It came at the wrong time in the season because we had left ourselves so much work to do to make finals. Our contest footy can’t be played over the full extent of a season. We’ll get back into that style when it really matters.

I was happy with how Marchbank worked into it before his head knock (and after a tough start).

I am more cautious on Elijah than some around here. The last quarter was good. But while I can overlook a lack of pace, I didn’t like the fumbles before that. Hopefully it was nerves, and he settles in the future. Having said that, I thought the ground looked in ordinary condition after the Pink concert. So maybe the conditions were against him.

Harry was wonderful. Cripps played a great team game. And to me, we just look focused and prepared. North are a talented young side, and tried to test us. We saw them off, and then some. The win was much easier than in the corresponding fixture last year.

On to Adelaide Oval. Freo shape as a nice little test.

Back