Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

This you at the trade table 🤣
old man running GIF by RunnerSpace.com
It's a loooooooooong season my brother

Where do I start?

People trading out Daicos, Young, Dawson, Grundy...

Hogan, Terry, Berry, Sexton..... just dumb IMHO

You have the Premos for a reason and a season...

Are they injured/ out for 3+ weeks..?

You may as well trade out Rozee as well...

Maybe I'm just oldskool

Let them burn.
Trades worth a lot less now than when there were 20 or 30. Need to use them early to set the team up for cash gen and solve potential problems. Young would absolutely be a hold with 10 less trades, and a decent chance he comes good but another 70 and he's losing 60K and will need to be solved next week anyway.

No point in having 8 trades left post bye and flying home for 20,000th

My goal this week is to get McKercher + Serong in, and there's only two possibilities for me to make it happen:

1. Naicos to any defender not named Stewart, Sheezel, Massimo. (Milera used for cash left over purposes)
S. Berry to McKercher
N. Martin to Serong
70k in the bank

2. Windsor to Darcy 1 week early (I'd love to move Sexton on, but cash doesn't allow it)
S. Berry to McKercher
N. Martin to Serong
5.6k in the bank

Both scenarios present actions I don't want to do. Sell a top 6 defender after back to back 130s prior to this round, whilst gaining a possible rising star + the two players I want. Or cull a cash cow early, go early on a rookie early and save selling Daicos. Any thoughts?

Trades worth a lot less now than when there were 20 or 30. Need to use them early to set the team up for cash gen and solve potential problems. Young would absolutely be a hold with 10 less trades, and a decent chance he comes good but another 70 and he's losing 60K and will need to be solved next week anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for people to BURN their trades early...

I'm new to this game, what would I know...

I just wish I was at the poker table with some of these reactive/emotional traders...

I just wish I was at the poker table with some of these reactive/emotional traders...
There have been some weird and wonderful options thrown up. Chasing points is the oldest error in the book. IMO early round trades only have 2 purposes, cash gen and problem solving. Cash gen is either positive traded in or prevented trading out, ideally happens on the bubble hence the aggression the last 2 weeks. Trading will flatten out next week as the cows fatten.

Where do I start?

People trading out Daicos, Young, Dawson, Short, Grundy...

Maybe I'm just oldskool

Let them burn.

Post ya team and rank and planned trades.

Seem like the Guru around here. Keen to hear more.

There have been some weird and wonderful options thrown up. Chasing points is the oldest error in the book. IMO early round trades only have 2 purposes, cash gen and problem solving. Cash gen is either positive traded in or prevented trading out, ideally happens on the bubble hence the aggression the last 2 weeks. Trading will flatten out next week as the cows fatten.

Of course thats the classic way to think.

But you also have to take risks in this game if you want the chedder, as long as you have a plan in place, players aren't injured and your cows moo, then you can skin your cat however you like to.

Trades might be worth less, but they are still worth something. And you can only make 2/3 in any given week.

Still if folk want spin the magnets on premo's rather than collect the best cash cows I'm all for it 👍

Trades might be worth less, but they are still worth something. And you can only make 2/3 in any given week.

Still if folk want spin the magnets on premo's rather than collect the best cash cows I'm all for it 👍

What if you have all the best cash cows and avoided all of the carnage?

Luxury trade may have come early.

I keep hearing about how 40 trades is far too many and you might as well go hell for leather now burning them left right and centre.

You only have to look at the first 3 rounds of the season to see how many players have gone down with long term injuries.

There is going to be a lot of melts towards the end of the season with people whinging about how they can't do what they want as they don't have trades in the bank. Bring it on I say!

I keep hearing about how 40 trades is far too many and you might as well go hell for leather now burning them left right and centre.

You only have to look at the first 3 rounds of the season to see how many players have gone down with long term injuries.

There is going to be a lot of melts towards the end of the season with people whinging about how they can't do what they want as they don't have trades in the bank. Bring it on I say!

How many trades you got left Nelso ?

How many trades you got left Nelso ?
After this week, it will be 36. All have been used on cash gen to get the right rookies or injuries. Needed to bring in McKercher and trade out Gibcus as an example.

After this week, it will be 36. All have been used on cash gen to get the right rookies or injuries. Needed to bring in McKercher and trade out Gibcus as an example.

So if one has got all the Rookies you need, and only needs to get rid of Gibcus, can one start luxury trading?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, how many had Niacos sitting on the pine through finals last year?

Where do I start?

People trading out Daicos, Young, Dawson, Short, Grundy...

Maybe I'm just oldskool

Let them burn.
The main one I can't wrap my head around is Hogan, presuming most trading him out have already traded him in

Did they not realise he only played one game before a bye?

Yes, he only scored 66 but his BE is still 34. Could still make good coin.

The main one I can't wrap my head around is Hogan, presuming most trading him out have already traded him in

Did they not realise he only played one game before a bye?

Yes, he only scored 66 but his BE is still 34. Could still make good coin.
They were hoping for a huge score vs WC then trading I assume.

My goal this week is to get McKercher + Serong in, and there's only two possibilities for me to make it happen:

1. Naicos to any defender not named Stewart, Sheezel, Massimo. (Milera used for cash left over purposes)
S. Berry to McKercher
N. Martin to Serong
70k in the bank

2. Windsor to Darcy 1 week early (I'd love to move Sexton on, but cash doesn't allow it)
S. Berry to McKercher
N. Martin to Serong
5.6k in the bank

Both scenarios present actions I don't want to do. Sell a top 6 defender after back to back 130s prior to this round, whilst gaining a possible rising star + the two players I want. Or cull a cash cow early, go early on a rookie early and save selling Daicos. Any thoughts?

I'd do the Nicky thing and get NWM

This.

There are folks proposing 3 straight out sideways trades from mildly underperforming, uninjured premos and everyone's fine with it. But you suggest that you're trading a guy out you intend to bring back in and people lose their minds lol.

Dawson actually won DT last week. Highest score in that format in the whole AFL. But that's cool trading him out in SC definitely isn't knee-jerk or anything. The morons are the ones trading out the bloke who scored 54 and has a breakeven of 167 and has a bye coming up and a date with his nemesis just beforehand

I'll burn my trades early and then I'll burn yours kentie. 🤭

Rubbing Hands Disagree GIF

But you suggest that you're trading a guy out you intend to bring back in and people lose their minds lol.
Campaigners just have no appreciation for a good old Roughie.

Last edited:

You Debbie downer you. 😂

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back