Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Version 4 - final.

SBerry > Carroll
Lyons > Sharp
Young > NWM - Prefer Stewart but i save 150k.

538k bank.

Not chasing points till no avail rookies on bubble, so will continue to maximise cash gen.

I wouldnt trade in Carroll Walsh just around the corner...
It's just a guide Walshy 2,3 weeks away.could kick Carroll out.

DON'T TRADE GREEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!

Yeah, I won't, just wondering what moves to make given my midfield bench isn't great.
This is a strange year we have many folks in the top 1k who have never been there before.
Up so high they are dizzy.
Crazy trades because they are not accustomed to there rank.
If green had a 1 week injury he would be a hold. This week is no different

This is a strange year we have many folks in the top 1k who have never been there before.

They are in a Fizzle....

What’s everyone’s plan with Grundy. I’m tempted to shift him off to Xerri or Jackson. I was Jackson’s biggest hater but I think the money he will make is enough to justify getting him in. Worst case he makes it easier to get Marshall/English, otherwise he will be a fine forward keeper, regardless of Darcy.

Xerri gives me an extra 80k, allows me to hold Martin (Xerri and Martin on field v Grundy and only have 21 this week) but obviously he’s almost definitely a trade down the line and if he plops out 80s for the next month, he won’t even reach Grundy’s current price.

I guess I’m just a little worried that in two weeks after Grundy plays West Coast and has his bye, that I won’t be able to facilitate a trade for him. I mean, 2 weeks is a long time in SuperCoach, so it does seem a little risky just assuming we will be able to trade him in two weeks. The way things are looking, Grundy to English will still be 200k in two weeks.

With so many trades these days they have devalued somewhat, meaning coaches are considering trading premos after one bad game or for a one-weeker, or cashing in rookies after one price rise

What’s everyone’s plan with Grundy. I’m tempted to shift him off to Xerri or Jackson. I was Jackson’s biggest hater but I think the money he will make is enough to justify getting him in. Worst case he makes it easier to get Marshall/English, otherwise he will be a fine forward keeper, regardless of Darcy.

Xerri gives me an extra 80k, allows me to hold Martin (Xerri and Martin on field v Grundy and only have 21 this week) but obviously he’s almost definitely a trade down the line and if he plops out 80s for the next month, he won’t even reach Grundy’s current price.

I guess I’m just a little worried that in two weeks after Grundy plays West Coast and has his bye, that I won’t be able to facilitate a trade for him. I mean, 2 weeks is a long time in SuperCoach, so it does seem a little risky just assuming we will be able to trade him in two weeks. The way things are looking, Grundy to English will still be 200k in two weeks.
Hold, assess at his bye.

With so many trades these days they have devalued somewhat, meaning coaches are considering trading premos after one bad game or for a one-weeker, or cashing in rookies after one price rise

Things will maybe go back to normal trading once coaches fix up mistakes etc.
One price ^ because of Sam Darcy of the world 🌍..

What am I thinking ....🤣😜🤪

Think most non Jackson holders looking to abandon ship pre Rd 5, but could be messy with a low BE after WC game. Happy to kick the can down the road with more pressing cows to bring in on the bubble. Not seeing a mid 400K ruck averaging 103 with Tigers / Eagles upcoming as the top priority.

Or trying to further push you in front of the pack in 2-3 weeks time?

Wouldn't consider trading Green but Daicos is out for me this week

Think most non Jackson holders looking to abandon ship pre Rd 5, but could be messy with a low BE after WC game. Happy to kick the can down the road with more pressing cows to bring in on the bubble. Not seeing a mid 400K ruck averaging 103 with Tigers / Eagles upcoming as the top priority.
I have Jackson and Livingstone so have reasonable coverage for Max and Grundy during the early season byes.

I considered trading Grundy to Xerri this round but am concentrating on getting bubble boys that I missed instead.

Grundy hasn't set the world on fire SC wise but will hold his value by and large so no huge concerns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or trying to further push you in front of the pack in 2-3 weeks time?

Wouldn't consider trading Green but Daicos is out for me this week
That is exactly the reasoning given by most people for crazy trades. I'm up so high I need to trade like a wounded bull.
Trades fall into 2 categories good and bad. Rank does not make bad trades good it plays zero part. Ask any of the guys that finish the season high every year if that trade is good.
I'm guessing I will know the answer.

It’s not so much Grundy losing value, it’s more or less figuring out what I’d do in two weeks. Finding the 200k for English would mean ditching a Jordon or Billings early and requires two trades so you’d want to hope you don’t have any other concerns. Grundy to Xerri makes no sense in two weeks and Grundy to Jackson would cost money.

I think it’s something we need to think about considering most just have the attitude of worrying about it when it happens.

View attachment 1941553

What to do about Green? Obviously want him going forward, but wonder if worth sideways trade; 38 trades and 30.6k in bank
Given Green's high ownership ....most of the top 10,000 teams have him & will hold ....you have to hold Green

Anyone thinking of holding Lyons, he only needs one more game to make some coin. Or a waste of a spot when a rookie might make as much?

Anyone thinking of holding Lyons, he only needs one more game to make some coin. Or a waste of a spot when a rookie might make as much?
If he was only a "seat filler" for Neale .....best to cut your losses ....even when he might be named, he's a strong sub possibility

It’s not the worst hold if you’re confident he comes back in asap, but it’s a lot of money tied up when we need all the cash gen we can get

Someone talk me out of wasting another trade, going Billings to Powell, having only got Billings last week!:rolleyes:

Billings' BE is lower this week than it was last week, and that ton is gonna be in his rolling average for another price calculation yet.

Powell is highly desirable, surely there's another way to do it.

I also wouldn't rule out Billings scoring well again, and then you'll kick yourself.

I have him pencilled in to ditch at his bye

feels like fagan doesnt rate him, first out as neales back despite having some absolute plodders objectively play worse than him...idk if youve got more insight being a lions fan but for me hes a trade atm unfortunately

feels like fagan doesnt rate him, first out as neales back despite having some absolute plodders objectively play worse than him...idk if youve got more insight being a lions fan but for me hes a trade atm unfortunately
Absolutely cannot be held.

32 yo whipping boy with multiple strong slow mids in front of him. Sub 7 times last yr, not part of future plans and not rated by coach. Mid only, a Carroll / Sharp in that spot nets you 130K and makes you another 150K while you are waiting for him to be selected as sub in Rd 7

Billings' BE is lower this week than it was last week, and that ton is gonna be in his rolling average for another price calculation yet.

Powell is highly desirable, surely there's another way to do it.

I also wouldn't rule out Billings scoring well again, and then you'll kick yourself.

I have him pencilled in to ditch at his bye
:arrowup: what he said

Some serious early upgrading can be done if you

cull Roberts (~$300k) and Jordon (~$400k) in rd5
cull Howes (~$300k) and Billings (~$350k) in rd6

Are you not worried that you won’t be able to address it at his bye?
I don't waste time worrying about SC :p

But seriously, why would I not be able to trade him then? I have Heeney, Grundy, Jordon, and Daicos on that bye, I probably need to trade someone. If I get multiple injuries then they are more important to deal with and I hold Grundy.

If not, and he looks like a trade I'll trade Grundy to someone. But he has Richmond and WC the next two weeks, every chance he scores well.

Just imo, but folk swapping premo's this week are mad. This is the time for getting your cash gen sorted, otherwise you will run out of money with upgrades left to do.

Hi All,

Having trouble locking it in. Thinking..
Macrae > Dempsey
Newcombe > Steele

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_6748.jpeg
    IMG_6748.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6749.jpeg
    IMG_6749.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back