Trades 2024 Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s weird isn’t it.. he goes from one of the most damaging forward half players to getting 40 behind the footy but not really impacting or translating to wins. I wouldn’t think a 17 goal winger is easy to replace.
You’d think McGrath could hold down the defensive transition role and put Martin up the field again.

I wonder how long Brad Scott keeps things as it is. 2-2 but an embarrassing show on Friday night.
brad scott also said hes pretty good in defence too :shrug:

Restricted minutes game, then a game where he rests forward more, then a full game, then a soft-tissue injury. I've seen this movie before.

Alrighty crew. 138k in the bank.

Thinking:
Coffield > Clohesy
Jordan > JHF
Thomas > Comben OR Grundy > Meek

Attachments

• IMG_6852.jpeg
    IMG_6852.jpeg
    396.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6853.jpeg
    IMG_6853.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 56
Would prefer to wait on the two Gold Coast lads, but I need to move on T Berry this week. BE 67, with just the one outlier score above that. Could hold and hope he has a big game against the Hawks at home, quite possible!

So, I’m deciding between no trades and Berry to Clohesy (via Wilson to fwds and Naicos to mids).

My plan:

This week

Coffield to Clohesy (a week early but gives me 22 and saves me boosting next week)

Next week

McKercher to Graham
Fisher to Heeney

This will leave me 32 trades and 4 boosts. Will start going HAM from the following week as I can move the likes of Martin/Roberts back and start culling the juicier rookies.

Grundy -> English
Then either mass or zilliams to clohesy

Who would you guys trade out?
Mass whose cash gen is now stagnant
Or zilliams with injury worries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has to be concern over Mass JS with the time he spent on bench last qtr. Wait & see if picked this week.

If fit Williams plays every week unless he really stinks it up.

what role does jack sinclair have? havent been watching st kilda games

Seems a few are thinking about moving on Luke Jackson.
Seems premature from the outside looking in.
Has WC matchup next week, Darcy will be eased back in if he plays this week and will have a slow ramp up
Don't see that much urgency(?)

Has to be concern over Mass JS with the time he spent on bench last qtr. Wait & see if picked this week.

If fit Williams plays every week unless he really stinks it up.
Think they ran out of rotations.
They were down to 2 with more than 10 mins to go on the clock or something.
Don't think he had been banished to the bench or anything, just not well managed.

Seems a few are thinking about moving on Luke Jackson.
Seems premature from the outside looking in.
Has WC matchup next week, Darcy will be eased back in if he plays this week and will have a slow ramp up
Don't see that much urgency(?)
Agree. If he was cheaper I'd bring him to cover the byes. Inevitable that Darcy gets injured again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would prefer to wait on the two Gold Coast lads, but I need to move on T Berry this week. BE 67, with just the one outlier score above that. Could hold and hope he has a big game against the Hawks at home, quite possible!

So, I’m deciding between no trades and Berry to Clohesy (via Wilson to fwds and Naicos to mids).
Fwiw, moving Berry on as well.
Correct the mistake and move on.
Clohesy seems a good option, he is the cheapest, looked really good and will have the highest ownership increase, so you have a bit of safety in numbers even if going early.

I just know I'm going to end up bringing in Lukosius and it will put the final nail in the coffin.
There is an angle, but it is pretty iffy.

Fwiw, moving Berry on as well.
Correct the mistake and move on.
Clohesy seems a good option, he is the cheapest, looked really good and will have the highest ownership increase, so you have a bit of safety in numbers even if going early.
That was my original thinking, so nice to have someone else confirm the thinking is on the right track:moustache:

I'm heading to this game (Daughter lives in Brisbane, so visiting her and going to the footy) so I can abuse Clohesy when/if he spuds up on us all!

I just know I'm going to end up bringing in Lukosius and it will put the final nail in the coffin.
There is an angle, but it is pretty iffy.
Mac Andrew is of more interest to me.
He looked great last week.
Still a risky pick though

I don’t see too many jumping on the idea of keeping Grundy for a fortnight and looping with Meek.

What are the negatives in trading, say, Jordon to Meek, having two rucks playing through the byes and then trading either Meek or Grundy too Heeney in a fortnight?

Apart from another price rise from Heeney.

You also get to watch another two games from Meek and one from Grundy before you pull the pin on one of them.

Even if you are set on trading Grundy, why not trade Jordon to Meek this week and Grundy to Heeney next week?

in the unfortunate case that Meek gets injured, at least you still have Grundy to keep in the ruck, and can just shelve the Heeney trade.

I'm burning through trades like nobody's business, but...
Mass -> Clohesy
Grundy -> Meek
Jordan -> NMartin

Next week...
Zwill/Kerch/Sanders/Reid -> Graham/Ramsden
Kerch/Sanders/Reid -> HEENEY!

1706906284154.gif

I don’t see too many jumping on the idea of keeping Grundy for a fortnight and looping with Meek.

What are the negatives in trading, say, Jordon to Meek, having two rucks playing through the byes and then trading either Meek or Grundy too Heeney in a fortnight?

Apart from another price rise from Heeney.

You also get to watch another two games from Meek and one from Grundy before you pull the pin on one of them.

Even if you are set on trading Grundy, why not trade Jordon to Meek this week and Grundy to Heeney next week?

in the unfortunate case that Meek gets injured, at least you still have Grundy to keep in the ruck, and can just shelve the Heeney trade.

If I hadn't pissed Jordon off weeks ago (for Powell), I'd definitely consider this.

As it is I have zero forwards I'm keen to part with and have Jackson covering Grundy and Gawn over the next two weeks, so I'm letting Meek through to the keeper.

But I reckon for folks with a guy like Jordon still stinking up their forward line, it's a solid idea

Alrighty crew. 138k in the bank.

Thinking:
Coffield > Clohesy
Jordan > JHF
Thomas > Comben OR Grundy > Meek
5 boosts remaining?

go away gtfo GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back