Trades 2024 Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 boosts remaining?

go away gtfo GIF

5 boosts remaining?

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

is the strategy to have zero boosts by the time the byes come?

Or

Do you want 2 for byes at a minimum?
Using them until they're gone, then I'll pretend like we don't have them.

Is Rozee a chance to be a FWD/MID?

I will have the cash to go Heeney next week, but thinking the money might be better spent on Zerrit
I don't have any exact stats but from the eye test he doesn't seem to be spending any significant amount of time forward, so wouldn't think so.

I don’t see too many jumping on the idea of keeping Grundy for a fortnight and looping with Meek.

What are the negatives in trading, say, Jordon to Meek, having two rucks playing through the byes and then trading either Meek or Grundy too Heeney in a fortnight?

Apart from another price rise from Heeney.

You also get to watch another two games from Meek and one from Grundy before you pull the pin on one of them.

Even if you are set on trading Grundy, why not trade Jordon to Meek this week and Grundy to Heeney next week?

in the unfortunate case that Meek gets injured, at least you still have Grundy to keep in the ruck, and can just shelve the Heeney trade.

I don’t have Heeney so considering this for sure.

The only negative I can think of is if you want to use the Grundy money now for a premo (Flanders or a mid/def), it’s best 18 so no worries fielding 21.

I was on JHF but thinking the savings from going to Meek allows me to do Steele instead of Young this week. JHF and Meek are probably equally likely to be keepers.

is the strategy to have zero boosts by the time the byes come?

Or

Do you want 2 for byes at a minimum?

I've decided that one for the 'real' byes is the correct number.

I allotted two to them last year and then didn't use one of them till afterwards. It could have had more impact beforehand.

Notwithstanding that you DO need to save trades for the run home and the injuries that may come along late in the season, the earlier you do a trade, the more positive impact on your team it has the potential to have. Especially if it's gonna make you cash.

That's just facts

Couldn't work out why all of you were going on about Meek being a viable option with Jackson already in and Darcy coming back, but just worked out he plays for Hawthorn now. What's the deal, is he first ruck there?

Couldn't work out why all of you were going on about Meek being a viable option with Jackson already in and Darcy coming back, but just worked out he plays for Hawthorn now. What's the deal, is he first ruck there?
Last year I believe he was sharing ruck time with Ned Reeves, where now it looks like with Chol Hawks are just playing the one ruck, and he’s currently much more competitive than Reeves.

Last year I believe he was sharing ruck time with Ned Reeves, where now it looks like with Chol Hawks are just playing the one ruck, and he’s currently much more competitive than Reeves.
So he's been at Hawks for two years then? Shows how much attention I've been paying. He was Freo at some stage right?

I don't mind the pick at all of he's playing first ruck

heck it I reckon I'm getting back on the MPM train. Jordon to JHF, even if it's a bust it gives me a current midfield of Green, Bont, Miller, Rozee and JHF which is just glorious to watch.

Now that I know it's a thing I'm also liking Meek. The decision is whether I do Grundy to Meek as a straight trade or whether I do Howes and Windsor to him and Clohesy a week early. You would assume I'm trading those two next week anyway and means I've got Grundy next week to cover Gawn. I've still got all my boosts (I know I know) so happy to use one this week or next anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For years I've usually run with a R/F dpp at R3 and a good R/F in the forwards so I can cover any short term R1/R2 missed games. This is the first time I've ever actually been in a position to have my forward ruck (Jackson) cover for a missing ruck (Grundy). What am I going to do? Trade Grundy to Meek 🤣

I've decided that one for the 'real' byes is the correct number.

I allotted two to them last year and then didn't use one of them till afterwards. It could have had more impact beforehand.

Notwithstanding that you DO need to save trades for the run home and the injuries that may come along late in the season, the earlier you do a trade, the more positive impact on your team it has the potential to have. Especially if it's gonna make you cash.

That's just facts

Going to try and 2 trade my way to the bye and not force rookies. 3 boosts currently available would like a few later on for cash leagues, would be a game changer.

But we will see.

30 trades

That's what we started with

Anything over that is a freebie
Grundy: Hold and ride it out or should he say g'day to Uncle Stunbolt?
You're more objective than most on this sort of gear.

Grundy: Hold and ride it out or should he say g'day to Uncle Stunbolt?
You're more objective than most on this sort of gear.
He was always a trade out for me at this stage.
Marshall was the plan - but Meek appeared and has insane value role vibes.

Grundy has been serviceable- but he won't be a top 5 ruck by average at years end.

As a result
Bye Brodie

Feel like I'm taking crazy pills deciding on trades this week, need some fresh eyes.

What trades would people do with this team? $9k in the bank.

1712743507906.png

When does Meek play? Need to book it into the calendar and jump into the match day thread for the wash up
Saturday evening.

What do think is going to happen?

What do you want to happen?

Where will it all wash up?

Wash up

iPanda

Panda Treat GIF by Storyful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back