Trades 2024 Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somethings telling me to Roughie Fyfe back in. LOL!

Howes > Clohsey
Jordan > Powell
Cadman > Fyfe :D

Forward line looks alot better now but I miss out on Steele. :(

My mids are still pretty strong without him though.

View attachment 1955121

Wouldn’t be trading Cadman with -3 break even unless it’s getting to a genuine Premo.

Grundy > Meek
Jordon > Noah Anderson

A little tempting.

Maximises chances this round.
Meek has break even of -14 so can be used as a stepping stone to a better ruck premo later in the season.

Life was boring with no premo PODs this past week, so Anderson over Miller is enticing.

Yeah I didn't want to trade Cadman but he's not scoring that well anyways and it gets me a way better forward line imo.
Fyfe is at best a high risk f6 long term, high chance of sub, injury and being rested.

Personally in your situation I’d be waiting out the two best 18 rounds with Cadman and then looking at Adams or any new dpp forwards.

Fyfe is at best a high risk f6 long term, high chance of sub, injury and being rested.

Personally in your situation I’d be waiting out the two best 18 rounds with Cadman and then looking at Adams or any new dpp forwards.

Yeah Fyfe is a high risk but he scores well and I didn't realise he was in 47% of teams so if he keeps scoring 90's\100's it will hurt, same with not having Powell.

My other trades that I was thinking of doing was Mass > Clohesy, Jordan > Steele via Wilson and Jackson > Marshall.

Forward line is kinda meh though then - Heeney, Flanders, Reid, Dempsey, Cadman, Darcy (Wilson, Sexton)

I guess I could always go Sexton > Comben next week if he backs up his big score again.

Last edited:
Worth blowing up Grundy for Nic Martin and Hayden Young, on the proviso that either:

I trade in a basement forward downgrade (Mannagh, Ramsden, etc); or

I trade Massimo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the topic of Fyfe from before, still considering doing Howes -> Clohesy, Fyfe -> Flanders for a couple of reasons:
  • Flanders is an absolute must, even if the role is changing around. Him, Heeney and Jackson are the only three that look pretty locked into being forward keepers.
  • The rest for Fyfe is coming, whether it's via subbing this week, or taking the week off vs West Coast next week. He was completely gassed at the end of the game on the weekend (though the throat knock didn't help). Don't think there's too much more cash to bleed out of him.

Would give me a pretty handy looking lineup:

View attachment 1954182

Planning on holding Z Reid, and Coffield would likely become Graham next week (or I can hold him a bit longer until the DPP shifts happen).

Alternative is to hold onto Fyfe this week, and do Howes -> Clohesy and Massimo to either Young, NWM or Clark, but I don't have the same level of confidence in their top-six credentials as I do Flanders up forward.

If anyone feels strongly one way or another, please do tell.
I can't see Flanders as a must have anymore with his role changes. Just look at Powell and Touk last week, that could just as easily be Flanders this week with dimma in charge. The only Sun I trust right now is Rowell.

Dunno if I'd be rushing to pick him (N Martin) up now. I started him so will ride it for a while yet.

If you're looking at a defensive keeper, you could look at the rolled gold premos who are available at discount (Naicos, Sic, Sinc, Stew). Although some may get cheaper.

Do we actually think Martin is going to be a top 6 defender?

Surely Stew, Houston, Shez, Daicos, Ryan or Sinclair?

Feels like a total burn man for me
I don't have him at the moment, but pretty confident he goes 105-110 if the role holds. Good value at ~530k.

Grundy > Meek
Jordon > Noah Anderson

A little tempting.

Maximises chances this round.
Meek has break even of -14 so can be used as a stepping stone to a better ruck premo later in the season.

Life was boring with no premo PODs this past week, so Anderson over Miller is enticing.
I wouldn’t recommend Anderson. Burned me bad last season and going off the start of the season, nothing has really changed with him.

Do we actually think Martin is going to be a top 6 defender?

Surely Stew, Houston, Shez, Daicos, Ryan or Sinclair?

Feels like a total burn man for me
Very confident. He has had over 30 touches every week aside from round 1 (his first week in a new role). He is regaining confidence in his disposal and it is showing (had a nice positive differential between SuperCoach and fantasy scores for the first time on the weekend). If he could add some intercept possessions then look out but his scoring is not really relying on it. I'd expect him on par with Sheezel for the rest of the year.

Howes > Clohesy
Jhye Clark > JHF

I have $152k banked and on the surface these trades look good, but I’m not sure spending it on JHF (speculative keeper) is the right thing to do. Would also mean pushing Kerch/Sanders to the bench. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Very confident. He has had over 30 touches every week aside from round 1 (his first week in a new role). He is regaining confidence in his disposal and it is showing (had a nice positive differential between SuperCoach and fantasy scores for the first time on the weekend). If he could add some intercept possessions then look out but his scoring is not really relying on it. I'd expect him on par with Sheezel for the rest of the year.

It’s weird isn’t it.. he goes from one of the most damaging forward half players to getting 40 behind the footy but not really impacting or translating to wins. I wouldn’t think a 17 goal winger is easy to replace.
You’d think McGrath could hold down the defensive transition role and put Martin up the field again.

I wonder how long Brad Scott keeps things as it is. 2-2 but an embarrassing show on Friday night.

Grundy -> English
Then either mass or zilliams to clohesy

Who would you guys trade out?
Mass whose cash gen is now stagnant
Or zilliams with injury worries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s weird isn’t it.. he goes from one of the most damaging forward half players to getting 40 behind the footy but not really impacting or translating to wins. I wouldn’t think a 17 goal winger is easy to replace.
You’d think McGrath could hold down the defensive transition role and put Martin up the field again.

I wonder how long Brad Scott keeps things as it is. 2-2 but an embarrassing show on Friday night.

Jake Llyod 2.0

Oh I think it is a terrible move. You've blunted our most attacking mid. But Brad is conservative, dour and stubborn so I doubt he will move him from HBF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back