Trades 2024 Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Naismith is still a decent trade in next week if he is picked again. Seemed to spend a lot of time forward so should get DPP. Lynch is still a while an away, and the only other options Kosi(absolute spud) and Ryan ( physically weak as water) are not really dangers.
I was trading him in to R2. Not R3.

Not really decent anything (cover or cash gen) if he’s pumping out 40’s parked up forward.

Surely you don’t trade him in hoping he’s still in your side in 6 weeks for DPP.

There's also the problem of him breaking one of the oldest rules in SC.
SC Golden Rule 24 Subsection D
" Never buy guys with names you cannot pronounce OR with 2 christian names "

If you need proof check out that cricketer Tim David. Looks like Tarzan but does he ever actually do anything ?

These old rules have served us well for centuries.
The only exception i can recall being Dustin Martin. Even then, he wasnt exactly the greatest SC scorer.
To be fair, Mac isn’t exactly a Christian name.

JHF -> Rowell.

What do we reckon - worth a boost or too much of a luxury?

Would leave me with 26 trades, 1 boost.

This is me completely. No point following the pack. Can’t make up ground doing that. Cerra back soon. Have gone Rowell instead.
Are you worried about Rowell maintaining this scoring if he only gets 20 touches a game?

Its 100% a christian name AND a surname.

Short for MacIntosh or MacArthur. Both poncy old pommie christian names.

Can also be a surname....e.g. Apple Mac
Fleetwood Mac?
Bernie Mac?
Mac Andrew.

Those are fine Scottish names btw, not to be confused with soft English names like Rupert and Nigel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fleetwood Mac?
Bernie Mac?
Mac Andrew.

Those are fine Scottish names btw, not to be confused with soft English names like Rupert and Nigel.
Precisely. Its both.
Sometimes i doubt if Uncle J has any idea what he's talking about. Mac is so obviously a christian name.

What about Seb Ross from Saints. Years of SC pain was easily avoided by simply adhering to that important golden rule...dont buy them if they have two christian names.

You can see the science that goes into picking my SC team.

Precisely. Its both.
Sometimes i doubt if Uncle J has any idea what he's talking about. Mac is so obviously a christian name.

What about Seb Ross from Saints. Years of SC pain was easily avoided by simply adhering to that important golden rule...dont buy them if they have two christian names.

You can see the science that goes into picking my SC team.
I assume as he's South Sudanese, born in Egypt that "Mac Andrew" probably wasn't the name he was born with. Does that blur the line?

SC wise, he's right in that dead zone price wise. Kid's a star though.

You must have an amazing team it trading out JHF at the moment. Surely you have rookies / midpricers on the field who you should prioritise upgrading?
Yeah, I've got a few knocking about but those I am running on ground are still fattening and scoring at a decent enough clip/in a line where they are useful.

JHF only in the conversation because I'd need to access enough cash to get to Rowell. $183K in the bank takes others off the table and I'd need to give up a decently priced asset.

Whilst happy enough with JHF in isolation (right now as an on field scorer) the gamble on him getting DPP didn't pay and I don't see him as a keeper.

So...in those circumstances tempted to get Rowell in ahead of some juicy fixtures who should be comfortably top 8. Feels like a chunky upgrade but just trying to weigh whether the juice is worth the squeeze...

tempted to go early on rarcia instead of tunstile(pending teams) but if i do that will be stuck with less choices next week to downgrade to

I was trading him in to R2. Not R3.

Not really decent anything (cover or cash gen) if he’s pumping out 40’s parked up forward.

Surely you don’t trade him in hoping he’s still in your side in 6 weeks for DPP.
why not, hes another rookie spot making money where most ppl have livingstone doing nothing.

why not, hes another rookie spot making money where most ppl have livingstone doing nothing.
If Soldo ends up out for an extended period Sweet might be the better R3 option, will have to wait and see

Trading in Zorko is making me very nervous 😬

Hopefully with McKenna back he still has the same role and gets some kick outs.

Need to try and do something different to catch the pack. Has the ability to go big.

5% owner, about 2.5k have jumped on him this week.

There's also the problem of him breaking one of the oldest rules in SC.
SC Golden Rule 24 Subsection D
" Never buy guys with names you cannot pronounce OR with 2 christian names "

It’s wild that in 2024 your illiteracy stills impacts your everyday life

😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back