VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Honest question - how many of you care about the result in these games? I could not care less about the score, just want to see development. Pou and Caminiti looked good today, Dow got going in the second half. Still like what Sharman does and think he can offer us something. Jones closer to the end now but solid cover if nothing else

Thought that was a pretty tough 50, bloke was trying to play on and collard just wanted to stop him running off the mark
Exactly. ther would have been thirty exactly the same all through the game, but the umpire wants the spotlight on him.

No wonder I am losing interest in this farces of a game.

Wow Lance Collard what a time to give away 50 metres and cost Sandringham the game. Hardly touched it all day and then has a brain snap.

Otherwise a great fight back by Sandi brought about by Jones, Clark, Phillpou, and Dow finally getting going in the middle. Plus Caminiti forward.

Again why do these teams only turn up to play in the 2nd half, in the 1st half they looked no where near it?

Was absolutely fifty. How could you justify it not being fifty? You can't hold onto someone excessively after they've tacken a mark.
From the thirty others the same all through the game. If thats the case there should have been 30 50 metre penalties.
Umpires pick and chose. He gets the spotlight, well done him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest question - how many of you care about the result in these games? I could not care less about the score, just want to see development. Pou and Caminiti looked good today, Dow got going in the second half. Still like what Sharman does and think he can offer us something. Jones closer to the end now but solid cover if nothing else
Development of course is the priority but would also be nice get some winning culture in a club known for losing all the time

It would be nice for the players to win but I agree, seeing development and improvement from our players is the main thing I look for when watching these games.

Surely there’s a lesson from this. Completely dominated the second half, hit the front and stopped trying to win the game with 5 minutes left. Tried to save the game instead of icing it. Feel bad for Lance, but good fight back from the boys nonetheless.

That was probably the most competent half of football I've seen from Sandy in a while. Shame most of our players took a half of footy to get involved but some decent signs in the end after what looked like it was going to be a total wash.

Caminiti had a big day out, good to see Pou work his way into it, and Dow and Jones did some good things. Sharman was impressive again. Heath won the ruck battle, Keeler got involved. Even the Irishman popped up for a few nice moments.

Collard was fairly quiet which is not surprising in that first half, but I didn't realise he had those kind of wheels on him - can really take off when he wants to.

Clark and Dow lifted in the last. Clark looked clean and Dow had some burst. Sharman was good but dropped a few. Camino was good but missed a lot.

Good lesson for Lance to learn, the umpires will look to punish a St.Kilda player at any given moment, should not have allowed the umpire to get his time in the sun.

Good thing to learn in the twos.
It was a clear 50 Lance held on for way too long. Then he cracked it.

Maybe the lesson he needs to learn is to get the ball more than 4 times a game and to stop spitting the dummy every time it doesn’t come his way

Maybe the lesson he needs to learn is to get the ball more than 4 times a game and to stop spitting the dummy every time it doesn’t come his way
It's exactly why he doesn't deserve promotion. He needs to change his attitude and realise its a team game, not all about him. Maybe that's a maturity thing?

Feel like you're reading into this a bit much, could just be pissed off with himself after a frustrating day. Nothing wrong with showing some emotion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back