VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Garcia has to come back in to the midfield. He's made a great case from what I've seen in the 2nd half.

1. Intensity with tackling and pressure, the kind of pressure we saw from him around stoppages in his first AFL game.
2. Knows how to find the ball at ground level.
3. He's got that dawg in him.
You forgot the bit being actually able to look for and then find a forward inside 50.

Rare trait in the seniors.

That was an enjoyable game after the shitshow last night.
Crouch will be straight back in.
Allison was looking threatening a couple of weeks ago. Great to see him finally deliver a good game.
Max Heath took some nice marks and we have to get Keeler in soon. He's as smooth as silk.....should be his nickname

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not but let him develop, his ability to bounce off half back will make up for his lack of an AFL defenders body and strength.
Im more of a fan of letting key defenders develop in the 2s until they're primed and ready to go.. getting found out against bigger body forwards in the AFL can be pretty brutal, it can be pretty bad for confidence.. Love keeler but I'd wait until he truly starts dominating games

Im more of a fan of letting key defenders develop in the 2s until they're primed and ready to go.. getting found out against bigger body forwards in the AFL can be pretty brutal, it can be pretty bad for confidence.. Love keeler but I'd wait until he truly starts dominating games

Yeah good point. It's something to consider at least and I'm pretty pleased with how he's looking for now.

Probably not but let him develop, his ability to bounce off half back will make up for his lack of an AFL defenders body and strength.
I understand we are looking at young players after our seniors season debacle, but would love Keeler to keep developing in the twos.
I really feel he needs to develop physically and we have all seen the criticism the likes of Phillipou copped for coming back after only 1 game in the magoos.
Season is shot, we shouldn't burn our prospects too early. Let him have a good block of reserve games and bring in the likes of him, Arie, Hotton, Hastie, Garcia etc progressively.
But the big question as I didn't see it is....did any forward manage to take an contested mark without dropping it? If so straight in.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can’t find a replay anywhere, just stats :(

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As it just finished its not up yet. All the earlier games from today in the VFL have highlighted links to their game, our just not yet.

I understand we are looking at young players after our seniors season debacle, but would love Keeler to keep developing in the twos.
I really feel he needs to develop physically and we have all seen the criticism the likes of Phillipou copped for coming back after only 1 game in the magoos.
Season is shot, we shouldn't burn our prospects too early. Let him have a good block of reserve games and bring in the likes of him, Arie, Hotton, Hastie, Garcia etc progressively.
But the big question as I didn't see it is....did any forward manage to take an contested mark without dropping it? If so straight in.

Seems to be a trend in the seniors- dropping marks. Might as well get Hayes back in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back