Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

.... Nick copped a head knock on the head during match sim and lay prostrate for a brief time but the players in his "propinquity" did not seem alarmed and he rose shaking off this blow.....
Ok - this is another level - game changing stuff right here

Are the boys training today? Looking forward to seeing if their intensity lifts or any other changes are noticed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should follow this account, they upload all the pies stuff that comes from the news

I follow Swoop for updates & other various accounts on insta. Tbh, I find the news doesn't offer much anyway, certainly nothing of substance. Most of the time they get their info wrong or are only interested in a bs headline, lol.

Thanks for assuming/calling me young, lol.

Cynical? Lived long enough to know the nightly news on telly is full of bs & offers nothing of substance.
All tongue-in-cheek, mate.
I don't go near the news shows either.
(I just presume everybody's younger than me at this point).

Main training - March 19th. Round 2.

What a wierd day. Weather went from warm, to windy, to drops of rain, to wind and overcast. Sun again out.
You'll hear noise like a whipper snipper in the background of these videos, but it was a bloke using the blower to remove the leaves from AAMI park carpark lol

Everyone was on deck, apart form Oscar Steene; who got a knock and going through the concussion protocols.

Rehab group:

• Eyre
  • Kreuger
  • Murphy
  • DeMattia
  • McStay

* Eyre still doing light running, but a good amount of it. 7-8km per session, he ran for the entire 2hr session. He'll increase his intensity in the next week or so.

• Mcstay did some kicking, and light activities.
  • The other three did some intense running. Murphy did some light drills before joining those in the rehab group.
DeMattia still sporting the long claw brace.

There was a bit more intensity, though I expected a bit more enthusiasm, but it was a good step forward, so hopefully they bring it to game day.
They got back to basics, the things they do well. More attacking and forward football than what we saw last week.

Once they finished up the fundamentals, they did their usual pressure drill, which is one way to get the competitive juices flowing, then they moved onto match related things.
Set plays and then 10 mins of match play.

Match sim teams;

Black defenders;
  • Moore
  • Howe
  • Frampton
  • Markov
  • IQ
  • Maynard

White forwards;

• Carmichael
  • Johnson
  • HH
  • Sullivan
  • Richards
  • Begg

Black forwards;

• Reef
  • Mihocek
  • Elliott
  • Hill
  • Shultz
  • Lippa

White defenders;

• Ryan
  • TJ
  • Noble
  • Dean
  • Parker
  • WHE

Midfeld

White;
  • Mitchell
  • Allan
  • Macrae
  • Nick
  • Bytel
  • Cox

Black;
  • Jordy
  • Pendles
  • Crisp
  • Sidey
  • Josh
  • Cameron

* Beau started on the bench.

Main training - March 19th. Round 2.

What a wierd day. Weather went from warm, to windy, to drops of rain, to wind and overcast. Sun again out.
You'll hear noise like a whipper snipper in the background of these videos, but it was a bloke using the blower to remove the leaves from AAMI park carpark lol

Everyone was on deck, apart form Oscar Steene; who got a knock and going through the concussion protocols.

Rehab group:

• Eyre
  • Kreuger
  • Murphy
  • DeMattia
  • McStay

* Eyre still doing light running, but a good amount of it. 7-8km per session, he ran for the entire 2hr session. He'll increase his intensity in the next week or so.

• Mcstay did some kicking, and light activities.
  • The other three did some intense running. Murphy did some light drills before joining those in the rehab group.
DeMattia still sporting the long claw brace.

There was a bit more intensity, though I expected a bit more enthusiasm, but it was a good step forward, so hopefully they bring it to game day.
They got back to basics, the things they do well. More attacking and forward football than what we saw last week.

Once they finished up the fundamentals, they did their usual pressure drill, which is one way to get the competitive juices flowing, then they moved onto match related things.
Set plays and then 10 mins of match play.

Match sim teams;

Black defenders;
  • Moore
  • Howe
  • Frampton
  • Markov
  • IQ
  • Maynard

White forwards;

• Carmichael
  • Johnson
  • HH
  • Sullivan
  • Richards
  • Begg

Black forwards;

• Reef
  • Mihocek
  • Elliott
  • Hill
  • Shultz
  • Lippa

White defenders;

• Ryan
  • TJ
  • Noble
  • Dean
  • Parker
  • WHE

Midfeld

White;
  • Mitchell
  • Allan
  • Macrae
  • Nick
  • Bytel
  • Cox

Black;
  • Jordy
  • Pendles
  • Crisp
  • Sidey
  • Josh
  • Cameron

* Beau started on the bench.

Thanks Jen. As you say pretty clear atm it’s at least frampton and reef for dean and johnson

I just hope we don’t rip into them either upon their return

Murph actually passed a concussion test on Grand Final day and was cleared to go back on. He made the call himself to stay off. That seems to have been missed by a lot of people.
Yeah but yeah but: he got delayed symptoms of double vision hence he made that decision to take himself off. The double vision wasn’t apparent when Murphy was initially tested by the Medical people (I’m advised). Mind you he coulda been assessed by Dr Nick Riviera.

Thanks Jen. As you say pretty clear atm it’s at least frampton and reef for dean and johnson

If they're part of a winning team they'll be praised. If we lose they'll be shredded.

We would never haha

Hopefully Reef goes well. He did some good things this morning. Really liked his work in tight situations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back