Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see reef playing forward with bursts in the midfield. His pace can’t be underestimated. Won’t be a full mid at least in the near future but long term no reason he can’t alternate between both roles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never really seen him run with the footy. His pace would help with the defensive part of a midfield. Does he use it offensively? He uses it offensively though as a forward - to get separation on the lead.

* Eyre still doing light running, but a good amount of it. 7-8km per session, he ran for the entire 2hr session. He'll increase his intensity in the next week or so.

7 to 8 km in 2 hours is more like a light dawdle 🤣

Must be light - average walking pace is 6km/hr!
Not quite. Average walking pace for people under 65 falls between about 4.4-4.8 kph. 6kph is a very brisk walk!

Not quite. Average walking pace for people under 65 falls between about 4.4-4.8 kph. 6kph is a very brisk walk!

True and yet 4kmh is an impossibly slow jog. I don’t even know how you do it continuously.

I'd love to know why we train at 9am.
-most professionals across all industries start their working day of a morning ..8-9am
-players (young kids when they 1st enter environment) are encouraged to pursue other interests /education outside of footy ..this gives them certainty of start /finish & allows them to allocate time to other non-footy activities /pursuits
-ensures players are tucked in bed at a reasonable hour of the night in order to get into work on time following day ..establishes discipline /routine, minimises opportunity to go out drinking /partying late at night

Where do you think an afl footballer sits in relation to the average under 65yo?
If you want a narrower metric, the average walking speed for 20-29 year olds is 4.83 kph. There’s really not a lot of difference between young adults and 60 year olds, less than 0.5 kph.

If you want a narrower metric, the average walking speed for 20-29 year olds is 4.83 kph. There’s really not a lot of difference between young adults and 60 year olds, less than 0.5 kph.

Where’d you source this data? Fatslowlosers.com?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We trained at game time for one of the finals. It was on Taking the Steps. So maybe that level of conditioning happens during finals
Couldn't happen regularly. Players are encouraged to go to uni or some other work training. They need regular AFL hours during the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you know?

I lurk there. Got banned for telling them donuts aren’t emotional supports, they are just fried dough.

Since then tried 6 different usernames but they keep working out it’s me. Should know there’s no way I could out- internet those with cheezel dust on their keyboards.

Must be light - average walking pace is 6km/hr!
I average about 20-25 thousand steps a day.
I do like my walking, so I'm a bit interested in the topic.
Every thing I've read suggests that average pace is about 4.7-5 km per hour.
I average about 4.8 according to my step counter.
I think 6 would be a bit more of a brisk walk.

I average about 20-25 thousand steps a day.
I do like my walking, so I'm a bit interested in the topic.
Every thing I've read suggests that average pace is about 4.7-5 km per hour.
I average about 4.8 according to my step counter.
I think 6 would be a bit more of a brisk walk.

Another slow loser triggered by the idea of a walking pace of 6 km/hr. Better not start talking about running pace. Some of you might cry.

Another slow loser triggered by the idea of a walking pace of 6 km/hr. Better not start talking about running pace. Some of you might cry.

Yeah I may be a loser but I'm not slow.
On my walk this morning I overtook at least two elderly couples and a 2 year old child.
Not even the Time Sniper can keep up with me.

Yeah I may be a loser but I'm not slow.
On my walk this morning I overtook at least two elderly couples and a 2 year old child.
Not even the Time Sniper can keep up with me.

Were you walking towards a food shop? That can improve speed for some.

Its not non stop light running. Its light running for 40 metres. Stop, turn around and rinse and repeat. Its slow steps right now.
Next week, they may increase his running capacity.
Hi Jen , has Sullivan been impressing you at training or do much in the practice game ? With Finn finding it hard to get into the side you’d think Sullivan would be behind him as next mid along with Bytel

Hi Jen , has Sullivan been impressing you at training or do much in the practice game ? With Finn finding it hard to get into the side you’d think Sullivan would be behind him as next mid along with Bytel
Might just be waiting till they play a couple of VFL games. I liked him in the praccy matches

Not sure how he went in last week's practice game, but the one v richmond he was alright, did some nice things. But in training, he is being played up forward
We'll get a better idea tomorrow when the VFL season starts, but atm, yeah behind Fin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back