2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow that % is something I've never seen.
That's some percentage.

Highest I can remember seeing was last year in the South Eastern Women's league (where Frankston played until this year.) Bass Coast got promoted to Division 1 after Tyabb went down mid-season, and by the time we played them had a percentage of over 700%

Some huge individual numbers across round 1.
Boyd Woodcock with 2 and 42 and Patrick Fairlie with 2 and 46.
Jean Luc Velissaris and Saad el-Hawli were also prominent for the Ants on Saturday, big numbers there too.

What was their disposal efficency, especially by foot?

Round 2 venue and time change - Friday March 29

Coburg vs Williamstown game has been moved from Piranha Park to Highgate Reserve,Craigieburn and will now start at 2:30pm

This match will be played after Calder Cannons vs Western Jets Coates League Boys game which starts at 11am

Round 2 venue and time change - Friday March 29

Coburg vs Williamstown game has been moved from Piranha Park to Highgate Reserve,Craigieburn and will now start at 2:30pm

This match will be played after Calder Cannons vs Western Jets Coates League Boys game which starts at 11am
bit odd. have the turf upgrades gone over it's estimated completion time or was it a surprise upgrade? especially since the fixture was only released, what? a month ago?

bit odd. have the turf upgrades gone over it's estimated completion time or was it a surprise upgrade? especially since the fixture was only released, what? a month ago?
I'm surprised they've gone for a turf upgrade, it's a good playing surface. Probably fortunate to play at Craigieburn,it's roughly 20 km from piranha park. Could of easily sold their home game to willy or play it a million miles away.

I only watched occasionally after half time but it does seem like they found a way to compete in patches and keep the scoreline from ballooning much more. Hopefully it's something they can build from.

Port Melbourne losing as badly as they did is probably the biggest surprise of the round. I know travelling up north to play Southport would have been a tough task, but they seemed completely uncompetitive at times. Maybe a combination of early season teething problems and the trip north. I imagine they'll put in a better performance against us next week.
Coburg have had a big turnover again and I think the outs were better than the ins….they have a way to go to get a win under their belt. Some of the same old players doing the same old things….A fair number didn’t want to stay, Nelson to Carlton was telling…so the club probably lost some they wanted to keep. Who know how they will go, I am hopeful the will win a game this year, but not confident. Surely can split the BOBS with the Ants to get at least one.

Coburg have had a big turnover again and I think the outs were better than the ins….they have a way to go to get a win under their belt. Some of the same old players doing the same old things….A fair number didn’t want to stay, Nelson to Carlton was telling…so the club probably lost some they wanted to keep. Who know how they will go, I am hopeful the will win a game this year, but not confident. Surely can split the BOBS with the Ants to get at least one.
Max Kennedy played well with 30

This PM team is awful. Can’t move the ball, can’t hit a target. Just bombing the ball down the wing hoping for a different result. Dolphins kick straight and they win by 80

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone been watching Port Melbourne v Frankston? I think I said this a few times last season but surely Port can't be this bad.
Would love to know the kicking eff % for Port. The amount of poor kicking, fumbling.. its a disappointing look and one that is solely on the players, even the greatest AFL coach wouldnt be able to fix some basic auskick type fundamental errors that are being committed by these players over and over again. Also didnt look switched on early in qtrs. Some soul searching after a big reality check, reckon there will be an axe swung on a numbers of players for casey game.

Couldn’t be much higher than 50% if it even reached that. Couldn’t transition the ball at all. Normally wouldn’t comment on team chemistry but unless it was constructive criticism. Lots of pointing around

Frankston win 13.18.96 to 11.5.71

Aside from the shithouse kicking at goal, I'm happy enough with that. Generally the better side all day, lifted in the 4th quarter when it mattered most. Would have preferred they not let a few late goals in at the end in the event that percentage matters (it probably won't) but it's a well-deserved win.

Frankston win 13.18.96 to 11.5.71

Aside from the shithouse kicking at goal, I'm happy enough with that. Generally the better side all day, lifted in the 4th quarter when it mattered most. Would have preferred they not let a few late goals in at the end in the event that percentage matters (it probably won't) but it's a well-deserved win.
Great win AussieNick1999 welll deserved.

Couldn't have happened against a better club.

You were right about "not expecting free wins against Frankston."

Great win AussieNick1999 welll deserved.

Couldn't have happened against a better club.

You were right about "not expecting free wins against Frankston."
I mean it is early days and we've still got some things to sort out. Our boys don't quite have the synergy I'd like yet and there were a fair few individual errors that kept Port in it. Also a few times when we let a Port forward get out behind the pack, which meant Port could just kick the ball over us and let the wind do the rest.

But plenty to like. With time I think the boys will get more used to playing together and those errors will hopefully get ironed out. Port I also don't think will be as bad as their early games have suggested. Will be interesting when we play them again later in the season.

I am admittedly relieved after these last two weeks. The doubt was creeping into my mind and I started wondering if I'd drunk too much of the Kool Aid leading up to Round 1. Very relieved to know I'm not a total nuff.

I watched a very competitive game between the burgers and willy. Coburg never gave up but a goal after the siren sinks them. I feel sorry for Coburg, they tried hard all day.

Attachments

• IMG20240329154503.jpg
    IMG20240329154503.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29
I watched a very competitive game between the burgers and willy. Coburg never gave up but a goal after the siren sinks them. I feel sorry for Coburg, they tried hard all day.
Gutted for Coburg. To be so close against a good side and to fall just short. Hope they don't lose heart from it.

Gutted for Coburg. To be so close against a good side and to fall just short. Hope they don't lose heart from it.
Willy were very undisciplined,gave away stupid free kicks ,they thought they had it sewn up at the 20 min mark when they were 20 points up. The difference between the sides was purely better players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back