VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams and Richards only a cm shorter. 3rd tall looks like Buss's role for now too. Plus Buku and Coffield as you note.

If we are bringing in a rookie defender mid season I think a genuine KPD is a much bigger need than a 190cm interceptor.

If Jones goes down we are considering Gards or Keith. If there is a VFL player upgrade on them I'd prefer that.

Might be a praccy game - don’t think they start yet
Yeah just praccy I mean, pretty sure I read it somewhere but can’t find anything. Surely we’d want a hit out considering the AFL boys start this week

The sooner the AFL reserves comp comes in the better, just makes no sense to have it so disjointed from the AFL season 🙄

Honestly surprised that the scratch match isn't at Chirnside Park, I do hope we'll be able to take more of a contigent in instead of just the three players. Found it really weird that North had 10 last week while we had Macrae, Dale and JOD.

Honestly surprised that the scratch match isn't at Chirnside Park, I do hope we'll be able to take more of a contigent in instead of just the three players. Found it really weird that North had 10 last week while we had Macrae, Dale and JOD.
Would think/hope itd be a full hit out considering these guys are putting their hand up for an AFL spot next week

From WOOF reports

About 15 listed players out there.
Keath, Garcia, Clarke, Cleary, Arty, Buss, JOD, L.Smith, Baker, Poulter, Macrae, Duryea, Freijah Scott and Darcy are all warming up.

JOD went off with a head knock but walked off unassisted.

We were up by 3 at quarter time with two Bedendo goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Report from The Doctor on WOOF

Dogs 7.7.49 Werribee 5.5.35

Bedendo 3
Darcy 2
Scott 1
Willoughby 1

Darcy should have 4 having missed 2 gettables. Both around 30m in front. He?s been terrific and easily best big man on ground.
Bedendo started on the wing that term before moving forward. Proving very dangerous in attack. Particularly in the air.

Garcia my best in to half time. He?s one tough nut. Good to see him breaking away from contests at speed and using his agility to elude defenders. He and Baker our most effective players bringing the ball into F50. Baker has been dashing. A lot of run and carry and good disposal. Scott again excellent across half forward and pushing up the wings

O Donnell did not re appear. Keath playing well in defence which noticeably settled the defence that term.
https://www.woof.net.au/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=889452&noquote=1

Man I hope Bedendo strings it together. He's got some awesome attributes.

Honestly I stand by what I thought years ago when I said that Bedendo looks like he could be the longterm Wood replacement. I guess you don't want to take away his X-Factor up forward but as a junior he played some defence as well.

Footscray VFL Practice Match today vs Werribee at Whitten Oval.

Footscray 14. 15 (99)
def Werribee 8. 8 (64)

Goals: Bedendo 4, Darcy 3, Clarke 1, Scott 1, Poulter 1, Montgomery 1, Willoughby 1

Best: Garcia, Darcy, Bedendo, Macrae, Keath, Baker, Scott, Poulter

14 Listed AFL players: Macrae, Darcy, O'Donnell, Arty Jones, Keath, Poullter, Garcia, Baker, Duryea, Busslinger, Clarke, Cleary, Freijah and Smith.

Werribee are a strong VFL team and challenged us, however, the cream rose to the surface - and as we have seen throughout this month - we have dominated second halves, which highlights our fitness base.

O'Donnell received a head knock in first quarter. Did not return, so it is safe to assume he will be absent next week under concussion protocols.

Baker went off the field at 3/4 time and will be our standby emergency for tomorrow's AFL match

Bedendo was excellent - he snagged four and almost kiched a fifth. He took a screamer and split his time between wing and deep forward. Put his hand up for selection.

Darcy dominant. Missed two easy set shots, so should have had five. Otherwise a strong game and keeps the heat on Lobb.

Macrae had leather poisoning. Racked up the possessions and will surely be in calculations for round 2.

Garcia in and under - continues to impress with speed and tenacity. Love what he brings.

Arty Jones quiet day at the office.

Keath was the general down back - ideal match up for Casboult for the Suns next week, one would assume.

Tony Scott another strong performance - leadership and forward pressure was a standout.

Seems like a good 5 or 6 put their hands up today. You’re only going to be a successful side if you can go at least 30 deep on your list.

Macrae & Keath the two most likely to come in next week. Bedendo will need to put a few strong weeks together first. Darcy will only play if Lobb puts in a stinker.

Footscray VFL Practice Match today vs Werribee at Whitten Oval.

Footscray 14. 15 (99)
def Werribee 8. 8 (64)

Goals: Bedendo 4, Darcy 3, Clarke 1, Scott 1, Poulter 1, Montgomery 1, Willoughby 1

Best: Garcia, Darcy, Bedendo, Macrae, Keath, Baker, Scott, Poulter

14 Listed AFL players: Macrae, Darcy, O'Donnell, Arty Jones, Keath, Poullter, Garcia, Baker, Duryea, Busslinger, Clarke, Cleary, Freijah and Smith.

Werribee are a strong VFL team and challenged us, however, the cream rose to the surface - and as we have seen throughout this month - we have dominated second halves, which highlights our fitness base.

O'Donnell received a head knock in first quarter. Did not return, so it is safe to assume he will be absent next week under concussion protocols.

Baker went off the field at 3/4 time and will be our standby emergency for tomorrow's AFL match

Bedendo was excellent - he snagged four and almost kiched a fifth. He took a screamer and split his time between wing and deep forward. Put his hand up for selection.

Darcy dominant. Missed two easy set shots, so should have had five. Otherwise a strong game and keeps the heat on Lobb.

Macrae had leather poisoning. Racked up the possessions and will surely be in calculations for round 2.

Garcia in and under - continues to impress with speed and tenacity. Love what he brings.

Arty Jones quiet day at the office.

Keath was the general down back - ideal match up for Casboult for the Suns next week, one would assume.

Tony Scott another strong performance - leadership and forward pressure was a standout.

Appreciate the report.

Don’t mind Keath in if we keep a lot of mobility and pace around him. He’s just gotta keep it simple.

Super exciting re Bedendo and Darcy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back