2028 GF to be played interstate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon they will knock it down after the 27 GF (or RWC final in Oct if we get that, and get it done for the 29 Ashes Boxing Day Yest.

One footy season without a southern stand is better than three at 70k.

Western Sydney, this is your moment.

A building completed on time in Vic - hello.

Who is going to borrow the money? The MCC ?

Should be at Optus Stadium but will likely be at Adelaide Oval

Is there any other sport in the world that the highest ranked team in the grandfinal doesnt get home ground advantage? or in cases of series games a majority advantage?

Is there any other sport in the world that the highest ranked team in the grandfinal doesnt get home ground advantage? or in cases of series games a majority advantage?
The NFL, The A-League, The WTC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why move it? MCG will still have a bigger capacity than every other ground bar Perth Stadium which is only an extra 10k. Just play it at the G.
Some of the justification I hear as to why the GF should forever remain at the G is because it has the biggest capacity.

So if it doesn't have the biggest capacity...

35 years old. The MCG wants to be the best stadium in the world. It will happen. Just a matter of when.
I doubt it ever will in practical terms. Constantly building over ageing facilities in a constrained space will never be as good as a purpose-built stadium in a dedicated precinct. As for who should host it, Perth Stadium holds more and looks fantastic, but I'd be happy with Adelaide given the argument Brisbane and Perth have already held one.

I doubt it ever will in practical terms. Constantly building over ageing facilities in a constrained space will never be as good as a purpose-built stadium in a dedicated precinct. As for who should host it, Perth Stadium holds more and looks fantastic, but I'd be happy with Adelaide given the argument Brisbane and Perth have already held one.
I mean the MCG is in a dedicated precinct, and is a purpose built stadium. But agree with the rest.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

Been to Melbourne twice for GF weekend and the Sydney Olympic Park precinct would be perfect for all the events involved.
Not a great deal of decent watering holes in the area from memory. Don’t mind the stadium though.

Not a great deal of decent watering holes in the area from memory. Don’t mind the stadium though.
2 pubs.

But

When we hosted the Lions tour their were a ton of pop up facilities and they were great fun.

Getting told that we are hosting the GF would invigorate investment and build the place up.

Already has the best transport options in the state, hell most states.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back