Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

History repeating, literally 100 years, North and Essendon were going to merge, the merger fell through and Essendon ended up taking a couple of our best players

Now they've got Brad Scott, Ben McKay and Goldy
A wonderful example of the law of diminishing returns.

Right lets be real about this. Imagine missing the finals and bringing in a dude who turns 36 on July 1. You lot would be fuming and furious. As would I be.
This reeks of Brads and his crazy approach to all things footyball. The guy rates himself as one of them intellects. Just as I rate me self as one of them intellectuals.

Let's dissect this, Goldy could do no wrong in Brads eyes. Noble didn't rate him and I feel Ratten wasn't a fan either. Not sure al Clarko is upset he's gone. But alas I don't know.

Magoo is the same am sure both are thinking the Essington bar isn't set high, and them *ers are ripe for the plucking. Couldn't have found two better dudes to do it. Pluck Essington I do mean.

Goldy because he'll be nearly 36 come rd 1 and Magoo cause he's a shitmen.

No sleep will be lost over either and once Goldy retires from Esserdon I think we can sit back and marvel at what was a great career, well up until a couple of years ago. Goldy be cooked, but not as cooked as Brad.

Long live Brad, we maybe s**t and Esserdon not much better, but he will twin tower them *ers without a doubt.

I don't really have a deep hatred for Essendon so this doesn't bother me much. It's funny more than anything. Going somewhere where he's no shot at a flag and should be starting behind two young blokes. Only reason I can think of is that they're the only joint offering 2 years, but at the same time one of his demands/wants is senior game time and not being in the VFL so... Yeah, not too sure what to make of it unless essendon think one of the rucks they already have is a complete bust.

Right lets be real about this. Imagine missing the finals and bringing in a dude who turns 36 on July 1. You lot would be fuming and furious.
They seem to be recruiting like they are close to something.

What I’m not sure but something.

I don't really have a deep hatred for Essendon so this doesn't bother me much. It's funny more than anything. Going somewhere where he's no shot at a flag and should be starting behind two young blokes. Only reason I can think of is that they're the only joint offering 2 years, but at the same time one of his demands/wants is senior game time and not being in the VFL so... Yeah, not too sure what to make of it unless essendon think one of the rucks they already have is a complete bust.

I get a feeling Brad likes to be told yes a lot.

I think this is a way of buying that.

A senior voice of agreement.

They seem to be recruiting like they are close to something.

I get a feeling Brad likes to be told yes a lot.

I think this is a way of buying that.
You're correct that he loves a yes man.

Anyone done an employment check on old mate Joyces recently?

Go Away GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Jon Ralph say one year only for Goldy at * ?
Yes. I thought he would choose them because they were offering more than the year Nth were offering.

Last edited:
Again *, I have to ask... why?

Just told my brother whose a * supporter, and he literally did a cartoon style threw his hands in the air.

Can't believe Todd made the decision to go there either. Unfathomable.

In the exit video Goldy talked about 2024 "and beyond" so either maybe a verbal agreement on a role off field after which Clarko wouldn't guarantee?
That has to be the reason because if it's not, why would you leave if we were offering a year? The other reason could be that we wouldn't guarantee he wouldn't play VFL.

Again *, I have to ask... why?

Just told my brother whose a * supporter, and he literally did a cartoon style threw his hands in the air.

Can't believe Todd made the decision to go there either. Unfathomable.
Can definitely understand Goldy's decision to go to Essendon. They were probably the only club willing to give him a 2 year deal, plus Goldy and Scott were always close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back