Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Given his form in the seniors, he really needs to be ripping it up in the VFL before you'd even consider bringing him back. I thought Myers was pretty good last year, rating him higher than most on here, but his form this season has been genuinely awful. A mere month away from turning 30 and you have to think that maybe he is done.

Yep agree. Has absolutely no footy nouse.

Can anyone remember the last time he played a good game in the VFL and didn’t immediately win promotion back into the seniors?

Oh, the irony.

If they'd just do this from the start he'd probably be playing good AFL footy.

Instead we always start the year with Myers completely undercooked.

I'd look at Myers missing out as progress if Baguley was not selected. Baguley cant even keep up at VFL level anymore.

Why wasn't Myers delisted circa 2011-12?

May've had a player or 2 or 3 replace him in that time.
Because before his chronic back and hamstring problems he was an extremely promising 6'3" half back flanker with a booming left foot, a fantastic burst of pace and was a consensus top 6 pick in his draft (2007).
Lets not re-write history because he is old and slow now.

If you ever wanted a case study for how injuries can destroy a players career trajectory, look no further than this guy.

Because before his chronic back and hamstring problems he was an extremely promising 6'3" half back flanker with a booming left foot, a fantastic burst of pace and was a consensus top 6 pick in his draft (2007).
Lets not re-write history because he is old and slow now.

If you ever wanted a case study for how injuries can destroy a players career trajectory, look no further than this guy.
One of my best mates is his cousin. I was out at Windy Hill pretty close to our first training session when he arrived and had a chance to say hi and welcome to EFC..told him about John and he was happy to chat and talk about my mate and his young family. David was in a moon boot then. My first memories of him unreal.

Last edited:
Oh, the irony.

If they'd just do this from the start he'd probably be playing good AFL footy.

Instead we always start the year with Myers completely undercooked.

I'd look at Myers missing out as progress if Baguley was not selected. Baguley cant even keep up at VFL level anymore.

I don’t think he’s looked undercooked, just regular cooked.

So slow by hand and foot he’s basically been rendered unplayable.

Takes a week to kick it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back