AFL Player #24: Nick Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difference being those guys are elite level marks, which as far as I know is really one of the big knocks on Bryan so far. At the ground on Saturday I saw enough to suggest Bryan could develop forward craft

Could be a blessing in disguise the AFL gave Brisbane all the time they needed (over the allotted amount) to get the picks for Coleman to match our bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite thing about Bryan is his disposal. By ruckman standards he's got very nice disposal. He's not Cyril Rioli out there but he's pretty reliable by foot or by hand over short distances and just seems to be a tidy user.
His tidy disposal is very noticeable for a big man. He also seems to choose the right option very quickly and naturally. Doesn't look rushed. Hopefully it continues

A non Bryan related dropping unfortunately. Showing plenty, the fit is just so far from ideal at this stage. We’re so devoid of run I don’t think we can feasibly carry the extra tall.

I’m actually happy for him to go back to the VFL and work on not only his ruck craft but also his forward craft as well, will be beneficial long term. We just have to communicate that to him clearly.

A non Bryan related dropping unfortunately. Showing plenty, the fit is just so far from ideal at this stage. We’re so devoid of run I don’t think we can feasibly carry the extra tall.

I’m actually happy for him to go back to the VFL and work on not only his ruck craft but also his forward craft as well, will be beneficial long term. We just have to communicate that to him clearly.
I don't think anyone would have questioned the decision to drop Draper and play Bryan first to be honest.

Sammy is just an idea at the moment who happens to be at the front of the queue.

I don't think anyone would have questioned the decision to drop Draper and play Bryan first to be honest.

Sammy is just an idea at the moment who happens to be at the front of the queue.

Apart from the fact that Draper is miles ahead in his development.

We hold him to a higher standard than we do Bryan, that’s the difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back