Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential - it was Cunners like 12 months ago.

People - including those picking the team - forgot how good Powell was in the first 6-8 games - he is second only to JHF in terms of new draftees to have an immediate impact over the past 20 years at the club.

He didn't do alot today but what he did had class written all over it.

For him to be languishing in the VFL while those in the firsts spudded it up week after week is on Noble and I still haven't heard a legitimate reason why it occurred.
Still has a little ways to go and appeared to have 'lost' a bit of that skill in his first few games (post-injury), but it was on full display today.

either of them coming off a season ending injury last year?
It’s Round 8 and he is absolutely fine. Nothing to do with Powell has been about managing him. Check the coaches comments only a few weeks ago ffs.

I mean really… the level of desperation to justify everything Noble does is weird. Accept when you’re wrong and move on.

Is definitely and my choice to be first choice on ball brigade. I’m not stupid they may have been issues we’d are not aware of.
This kid will be a gun
One of the Adelaide Clubs will get a great onballer after he requests to get away from David Noble.

Noble is doing everything he can to * over this kids development.

Expecting him to impact a game when you are constantly taking him off and on the ground is the sign of a clown who has no idea.

When he was given a good run at it, you could see him working into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

like that too. even better if he can get to Blacks level. 👍👍
Gun runner though Simon Black, and I don't mean like this
OIP.7zwyAz95cWY4EgZIdsVnyQHaEK

NDS was a deadset cat, TP will have him covered. Imo.

Oh no. I was all over Powell until this comparison. Dal Santo remains one of the only north players I actually couldn’t stand.

There's something perfect to me about a cenobite avatar and supporting North. No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back