Player Watch #24: Trent Rivers – signed to 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpson is overrated as fu**. Lucky he played for Carlton
No comprende. Lucky that he never played in a serious finals campaign? The guy was undroppable and would have been for every team.

Very harsh on the kid but he had a stinker of a 2nd quarter.
Hopefully see him up in the midfield alot more
He just needs to breathe when he gets the ball in his hands instead of immediately trying to do something.

Pretty big unit upclose is Rivers. He is going to be a ripper.

Pretty sure Jason Taylor mentions this during the draft after we picked him. ‘He’s going to be big this kid’ or something along those lines.

I do like his core strength - big through the hips/things/arse, but can still run.

Pretty sure Jason Taylor mentions this during the draft after we picked him. ‘He’s going to be big this kid’ or something along those lines.

I do like his core strength - big through the hips/things/arse, but can still run.

I just checked.. ‘plenty to work with here mate, he’s gonna be a big lad’.

Taylor to Goodwin and the broader table at the 2019 draft just before we take the pick.

The thing I like most about Trent is that he always flicks his hair back out of his eyes non stop. On the weekend he was under the ball ready to mark, he flicks back his hair, he takes the mark and pushes back, flicks back his hair, after he kicks the ball, he flicks his hair. On Saturday, I'll try to count how many times he does it when he's in the play. Reckon it will be 80+

The thing I like most about Trent is that he always flicks his hair back out of his eyes non stop. On the weekend he was under the ball ready to mark, he flicks back his hair, he takes the mark and pushes back, flicks back his hair, after he kicks the ball, he flicks his hair. On Saturday, I'll try to count how many times he does it when he's in the play. Reckon it will be 80+

As a bloke with crap hair, I far prefer Jackson’s mullet and moustache combo that always achieves the desired level of shitness without any tampering required during play.

A real mans hair.

..and I like Jones’ do as well, which I’m currently aspiring to.

Inb4 it turns into a tic like Rafa's million little things he does between points

This young lad is a star. His superman spoil will rightfully get a lot of plaudits, but he puts his body on line, generally very clean disposal and an excellent decision maker. Hard to fathom it's his second year and he's played just a handful of senior games. If our 2019 draft class stays together for 15+ years good things will come. All three seem like real team men (all good WA boys too!* 2x good WA boys).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This young lad is a star. His superman spoil will rightfully get a lot of plaudits, but he puts his body on line, generally very clean disposal and an excellent decision maker. Hard to fathom it's his second year and he's played just a handful of senior games. If our 2019 draft class stays together for 15+ years good things will come. All three seem like real team men (all good WA boys too!).
Koz is SA

This young lad is a star. His superman spoil will rightfully get a lot of plaudits, but he puts his body on line, generally very clean disposal and an excellent decision maker. Hard to fathom it's his second year and he's played just a handful of senior games. If our 2019 draft class stays together for 15+ years good things will come. All three seem like real team men (all good WA boys too!).

He threw his body in about 5 mins or something before that and it was equally as courageous but didn’t seem to get noticed as much as the effective spoil.

He’s a star.

FLICK!!!!!!

In the third quarter, Richmond pushing he was in a contest in the goalsquare against 2 Tiger opponents and got the spoil and away we went. His spoil same quarter will be legendary. His run and carry is fantastic, but he's surprisingly very good in a contest. He's an absolute jet. Amazing draft with Jackson and Koz.

Hard to imagine he'd be going as well next to OMac and Frost. No doubt having May, Lever and Tomlinson makes him feel much more comfortable and accountable.

For any creeps out there go on Trent's insta and suss out his Mrs- doing VERY well for himself.
To be fair between him, Dogga, Sparrow and Kozzi hes probably the best looking.
His hair though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back