Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

He strained his hammy in September last year was it? ... and you're surprised he's ready to go in February?
Well I guess this is Essendon we're talking about, so fair enough then.

Well when he joined Essendon the club announced he was being managed due to his hamstring history. He suffered more than a strain in the past two years for the record (had a really bad tear in that time period). Given he was on a modified program early days in pre season and hasn't spent a lot of time with the main group from the training reports then yes I'm pleasantly surprised he is advanced enough to play this week.

Maybe a sign of how we want to give him plenty of games this year and for that matter plenty of early games.

Already 20 so its not like he needs to wait till he matures or anything. He's the same age as Zerrett and physically storng like him aswell.

Fair bit of Adam Saad about him.

He strained his hammy in September last year was it? ... and you're surprised he's ready to go in February?
Well I guess this is Essendon we're talking about, so fair enough then.

Morgan recently re-injured his hamstring.

God I'm hoping he doesn't do his hammy on Saturday now after this discussion. Feel he's jinxed now! If I've called him jinxed does that remove the jinx?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, and national champs since we can only base our opinions off what we have seen.

Who else on our list can kick it 60m of either foot? No to mention his slick hands, and don't even get me started on his evasive techniques and composure.
Yes, but let's not get carried away. It's one thing to do those things well at TAC level but he wont have as much time and space in the AFL and will be under more pressure with his disposal. But I guess we will have to wait and see!

Hoping Morgs and Pope Francis get a game this week, preferably in the 1sts but at the very least in the vfl game at tullamarine on Saturday.

The sooner they're both ready to play in the 1sts, the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back